Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WISE IS STAYING!!  (Read 15180 times)
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:24:16 »

Quote from: "le god cuervo"
that statement doesn't even make sense! one line says, "Earlier today the Club withdrew permission for Leeds United FC to talk with or seek to appoint Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet" and then a few lines later it says, "Whilst discussions are still ongoing between the two Clubs"

Surely thats just contradicting itself!? Why are discussions still happening if the club have said they can't talk to them anymore??

y ou have to wonder if the club actually reads its own statements before they make them public ?!
red macca

« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:24:20 »

Quote from: "Batch"
End of round 1, ding ding, seconds out, round 2. It won't be over until Leeds appoint someone.

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10341~916582,00.html

Here it is to save you going to the official site:

As reported earlier, over the weekend Swindon Town FC received a request from Leeds United FC that they be allowed to speak with Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet regarding the outstanding managerial vacancy at that club.

The County Ground

Swindon Town FC reluctantly agreed to that request but made clear they would only release Dennis and Gus from their contracts if suitable compensation were paid by Leeds United FC. Regrettably it has proven impossible for the Clubs to agree a suitable financial package. Earlier today the Club withdrew permission for Leeds United FC to talk with or seek to appoint Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet. Dennis and Gus remain valued members of Swindon Town FC as both players and part of the management team. Whilst discussions are ongoing between the two Clubs, Dennis and Guy remain contracted until the end of June 2009 and are continuing to fulfil their duties; both they and the Club are determined to ensure that the progress achieved to date continues.

Both individuals have been offered significantly improved terms at the club and it is hoped that they will both remain with Swindon Town FC for the foreseeable future.
why the fuck have they said regrettably
mr ian

« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:24:47 »

true!!
Scot Munroe

« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:25:09 »

Quote from: "red macca"
End of round 1, ding ding, seconds out, round 2. It won't be over until Leeds appoint someone.

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10341~916582,00.html

As reported earlier, over the weekend Swindon Town FC received a request from Leeds United FC that they be allowed to speak with Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet regarding the outstanding managerial vacancy at that club.

The County Ground

Swindon Town FC reluctantly agreed to that request but made clear they would only release Dennis and Gus from their contracts if suitable compensation were paid by Leeds United FC. Regrettably it has proven impossible for the Clubs to agree a suitable financial package. Earlier today the Club withdrew permission for Leeds United FC to talk with or seek to appoint Dennis Wise and Gus Poyet. Dennis and Gus remain valued members of Swindon Town FC as both players and part of the management team. Whilst discussions are ongoing between the two Clubs, Dennis and Guy remain contracted until the end of June 2009 and are continuing to fulfil their duties; both they and the Club are determined to ensure that the progress achieved to date continues.

Both individuals have been offered significantly improved terms at the club and it is hoped that they will both remain with Swindon Town FC for the foreseeable future.

I know.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:25:24 »

Quote from: "red macca"

The County Ground

Nail on the head macca my friend !
Armleywhite

« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:26:24 »

Wev'e had so much of this shit in the past few years were getting numb to it all.  I probably think that wise is coming to Leeds, but it's gonna cost us dear I reckon.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:28:15 »

I thought you boys didn't want him?

You cunts   Wink

Our board will probably go for it if you offer Willie Carson a couple of free Leeds Utd season tickets.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:28:18 »

Quote from: "genf_stfc"
you have to wonder if the club actually reads its own statements before they make them public ?!

they have changed it since it was first put on there! the line about 'ongoing discussions' has been removed.

i wonder if they'll take out 'regrettably' now?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:28:25 »

Quote from: "Armleywhite"
Wev'e had so much of this shit in the past few years were getting numb to it all.  I probably think that wise is coming to Leeds, but it's gonna cost us dear I reckon.

"So much shit". You should try being us for a bit! At least you have a plan and a man that will get you out of it. Bates may be a cunting wanker gnome, but he will make Leeds a success.
mr ian

« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:31:48 »

question - why do we want wise if the only reason he is staying is because the clubs cant agree on money? not because he wants too.
Armleywhite

« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:32:03 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I thought you boys didn't want him?

You cunts   Wink

Our board will probably go for it if you offer Willie Carson a couple of free Leeds Utd season tickets.

Soapy Tit Wank   To be fair we still dont want him.  However, he's probably the best of some of the shite that has been linked!!  He's a feisty little shit and it's just what we need in the dressing room at the moment!  You seen our fu*king results lately?  Fu*k me, my sons team could shaft LUFC at the mo!  Too man y diva's in our dressing room that need their fat arse kicked!!
red macca

« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:32:47 »

Quote from: "mr ian"
question - why do we want wise if the only reason he is staying is because the clubs cant agree on money? not because he wants too.
because he has proved to be a good manager and their is no way we could afford to get rid of him and poyet.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:32:54 »

No real change, just that Wise can't talk personal terms yet.  If Leeds are that interested that they went public, then I'd guess they'll continue negotiating the release fee until it satisfies both sides.

I'm intrigued what we have offered Wise as an improvement.  More money would suggest the alleged Devlin recklessness was actually investment in the clubs future.
Armleywhite

« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:33:14 »

Quote from: "Armleywhite"

"So much shit". You should try being us for a bit! At least you have a plan and a man that will get you out of it. Bates may be a cunting wanker gnome, but he will make Leeds a success.

You not seen what we been through the last few seasons?  I must admit I don't like Wise, but I do think he is the start of something bigger!!
mr ian

« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 13:33:31 »

its a shame we want a manger that dosent want us then
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: