Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mike Diamandis...take a bow...  (Read 6109 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 11:40:01 »

...for being a complete and utter fucking idiot.

It was only the other week he saying was claiming the great signing of Poyet and Wise was all his doing, so we should love him.

Less than 3 months into a 3 year, yes 3 year contract they decide to leave and all we are going to get a one years worth of compensation when they have 2 years and 9 months to run on their contract.

What a fucking joke...why put in such a stupid clause like that, ah wait I bet Devlin did it  :roll:

fucking pathetic the lot of you and the sooner you fuck off from this football club the better
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 11:41:45 »

To be fair, we may not have got Wise if it hadn't been for that clause.  I don't know. Same old Swindon though, shafted on money.

Maybe we shouldn't do 'everything' to get our man next time.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 11:45:15 »

that a joke clause....1 year pay when they have almost 3 years on their contract...that pathetic and stupid...I cant see any logic in it what so ever
fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 11:51:57 »

It was never all his doing tho ... Wisey's dad and Powers dad used to go to school together .. its obvious that Power got Mike D to do the final negotiations so it didnt look like Power was taking over completely ... as thats the kind of respectable gentleman he is .. unlike Mike D who claimed it all as his own
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 11:54:19 »

diamandis claimed it was all him, so he should take the blame for an all mighty fuck up
fatbury

« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 11:55:06 »

hear hear DV
Swindon_gol

« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 11:58:45 »

Totally with you here DV!
Piemonte

« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:01:52 »

Nice. Another pointless knee jerk reaction without any factual basis whatsoever.

None of us know if DW insisted on this clause or if he would still have agreed to be our manager if the clause included full contract compensation.

So please shut up
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:03:21 »

tell me why does the level of compensation matter to Wise, it has nothing to do with him at all?

He doesnt receive it...and if a club in the championship REALLY wanted him to be their new manager they would stump up the cash regardless.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:04:03 »

It's quite likely Wise insisted on it, or it was seen as necessary to entice him.  I have no issue with the clause.
Barry Scott

« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:09:02 »

Quote from: "DV85"
tell me why does the level of compensation matter to Wise, it has nothing to do with him at all?

He doesnt receive it...and if a club in the championship REALLY wanted him to be their new manager they would stump up the cash regardless.

Are you serious?

A club would much rather have to pay only 1 years wages instead of 3... It makes sense.

Wise probably did insist on this clause, it means it wouldn't put as many suitors off should they want him as their manager.

Stupid comments regarding Diamandis and the 1 yr thing. It's laughable to think that diamandis wanted only 1 year compensation! He's not fucking mindless.  :roll:
Piemonte

« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:10:15 »

I know you are not thick VD, but come on :roll:

A potential employer has to pay less to get DW as manager, thus increasing the chances of him being offered the job in the 1st place. Most championship clubs may be richer than us but are far from rolling in cash - you know that.

Assuming DW & GP are on £100k a year each, Leeds would have had to pay roughly £550k to pay up their contracts now. Instead, they have to pay £200k.  That makes them a more attractive proposition - simple
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:11:19 »

I would agree with RobT, it would have been put in there on Dennis' request.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:13:06 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

I know you are not thick VD, but come on :roll:

A potential employer has to pay less to get DW as manager, thus increasing the chances of him being offered the job in the 1st place. Most championship clubs may be richer than us but are far from rolling in cash - you know that.

Assuming DW & GP are on £100k a year each, Leeds would have had to pay roughly £550k to pay up their contracts now. Instead, they have to pay £200k.  That makes them a more attractive proposition - simple

Indeed it does and I understand that, and why Wise would want that.

However...the board must have know Dennis Wise was a good manager and would be winning games with us and attract other teams, that was a given....we all knew it....if that WAS the case why didnt we try a little harder to get a bigger compensation clause.

Contracts are two way things...just because Wise wanted a certain clause doesnt mean we should have given it to him.

STFC comes before Dennis Wise....and this clause isnt the best for STFC is it....
Piemonte

« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 23, 2006, 12:16:58 »

How do you know how hard they tried? how do you know that that clause wasnt a "deal breaker" with Wise?

you dont, therefore you dont really have a point
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: