Author Topic: NTL  (Read 2117 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
NTL
« on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 18:49:11 »

I'm changing my phone, broadband and TV to them on Friday (touch wood).  Cheesy

Are they any good? £25pm was a good deal I thought.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
NTL
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 19:08:35 »

N T Hell are amazing, take not notice of their nickname, i've never had issues, fantastic serivice form their helpdesk, all perfect english speaking, and they answer right away.
There never any down time at all and when you pay for 4meg you get 4meg

OK, incase you didint notice allready i was being sarcastic, NTL are one of the worse providers in the UK, im on em and my dad refuses to faf around and change it.

Run as far away from NTL as you can.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 19:13:25 »

Quote from: "stfcfan"
I'm changing my phone, broadband and TV to them on Friday (touch wood).  Cheesy

Are they any good? £25pm was a good deal I thought.

Been with them for some years now and never had any trouble.
Ginginho

Ignore
NTL
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 19:16:04 »

I have been with NTL for years, and not had too many problems to be honest.
A few months ago, I accidently dug right through my telephone wire, which was only buried about 6 inches below the surface.
They came out and fixed it within 2 hours, and sent someone round the next day to replace it. All free of charge, which I was very pleased with.
But, like any telecoms place have their downsides.
When we first joined them they kept on getting our bill wrong.
If they weren't so fucking cheap and kept offering us free months and other deals for their fuck ups, we would have certainly gone somewhere else.

Oh, and their hold music is the most annoying music ever.
yeo

Ignore
NTL
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 19:17:05 »

same and the only problem I have had was getting on e bay for a week or so

/
W56196272
Frigby Daser

Ignore
NTL
« Reply #5 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 19:22:29 »

Absoluely fine if you don't have any problems - but when it comes to upgrading or more notably cancelling or downgrading they are an absolute nightmare on the phone - but then name me a business that isn't....I find barclays and 02, huge huge businesses, are both appalling.

...and i'm not even that fussy!
Bushey Boy

Ignore
NTL
« Reply #6 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 19:28:34 »

on BT even though its £30 at home and £30 in teh office a month never had a problem!

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

NTL
« Reply #7 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 20:05:36 »

What tv channels do you get?

I'm sticking with the free digital channels. Broadband is only £15 (although I might upgrade to the £21 option) and the phone is about the same I'd guess. And no yearly subscription  Cheesy
yeo

Ignore
NTL
« Reply #8 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 20:15:38 »

The Tv is shit its the same as Freeview but you do get 'watch again' which is like a poor mans Sky+

I was looking at getting Sky Sports the other day itss £25.for 2 channels.Fuck that id rather go up the pub and watch football.

/
W56196272
spacey

NTL
« Reply #9 on: Monday, September 25, 2006, 20:24:23 »

I can't believe you people use NTL! It`s common knowledge that they experiment on badgers and steal teabags from pensioners! My gran had 2 boxes stolen in a week, Tetley's as well, the round ones, none of your shite. You people sicken me.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
NTL
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 08:22:04 »

I hated NTL due to previous TV experience when I was renting in town, however been with them for two months now and have been very impressed with them, even their technical support.

Got a good deal on the TV and Broadband (no phone though as I didn't want one), yeah the TV's prety average but the internet has been superb (touch wood), recommended.
juddie

Ignore
NTL
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 09:23:53 »

I'd recommend tiscali - I used NTL at uni (although it was 8 years ago) and they were shocking. If you can you can get sky with free broadband? I'd get that but it's not available in my area...
DribblingSissy

NTL
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 09:35:16 »

NTL TV is rubbish.....if you want something decent then you need to bite the bullet and put your hand in your wallet for SKY+ or HD.

For £43.50 (full package- £21.75 half price for 3 months at the minute) you can get more channels (that have decent programmes on unlike NTL) than you could wish for, and you can get 8MB broadband for £5 a month more or 16MB for £10 (unlimited).

just sticking to cheap plan with BT I always found the best too.....think I got BT Together option 2 (about £14 and you get plenty of free calls).

Either way if you want TV, phone, and broadband and you want them all to be decent.....you need to spend about £60 a month.....if you cant afford or dont want too...then NTL is probably suitable for you as it is tight and crap with what it shells out too!
Compo

Ignore
NTL
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 09:38:27 »

Got NTL for my internet, no probs whatsoever.......
red macca

NTL
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, September 26, 2006, 11:22:55 »

i can get you a dodgey box for £100
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: