Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: club statement on official website  (Read 19722 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 13:04:03 »

I've ranted elsewhere, so I'll just focus on 3 things:

1) £250k bonus payments if promoted, being used to show Devlin was out of control.  now for the maths

A squad of 25 players would equate to £10k each on average, for a whole season, in bonuses, if we get promoted.  Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.  Next allegation?

2) Are they really open to any offers? if so, why slate the people trying to raise sufficient funds to give them a return?  Does this not show the attitude to people.

3) Slamming the rumour mongers - yet this statement shows a very big falling out with Devlin at the very least.  Was Devlin not the clubs Chief Exec? is that not a senior level within a business?  How can that not be a rift then?  So we were all making it up, but you then go on to admit you have fallen out.

I've had my fill I'm afraid.  Every rumour seems to be publicly slated but then admitted to within a few days (even if they don't think they have).

Some people made a wild accusation about 2 weeks ago that POwer was off, also that Devlin was in trouble.  How wide of the mark were they then?

I just can't understand why the Wills family trust the people they do.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 13:10:22 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
I've ranted elsewhere, so I'll just focus on 3 things:

1) £250k bonus payments if promoted, being used to show Devlin was out of control.  now for the maths

A squad of 25 players would equate to £10k each on average, for a whole season, in bonuses, if we get promoted.  Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.  Next allegation?

2) Are they really open to any offers? if so, why slate the people trying to raise sufficient funds to give them a return?  Does this not show the attitude to people.

3) Slamming the rumour mongers - yet this statement shows a very big falling out with Devlin at the very least.  Was Devlin not the clubs Chief Exec? is that not a senior level within a business?  How can that not be a rift then?  So we were all making it up, but you then go on to admit you have fallen out.

I've had my fill I'm afraid.  Every rumour seems to be publicly slated but then admitted to within a few days (even if they don't think they have).

Some people made a wild accusation about 2 weeks ago that POwer was off, also that Devlin was in trouble.  How wide of the mark were they then?

I just can't understand why the Wills family trust the people they do.

Thats the whole crux of the issue to me Rob.

At no point what so ever have we publically slammed the Wills family, in fact quite to the contrary.

Our beef lies with the so called "team" they surround themselves with.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 13:16:03 »

bunch of gossiping old women the lot of you I'm off back to shopping every weekend with Mrs D 'til you whingers sort this finance business out - can't wait!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 14:19:23 »

Its bullshit posturing they can see a significant ground swell against them and they are trying to split the fans.Its funny that they worry how the club is being run since April but they never seemed to worry when when the club "forgot" to pay the bloody VAT and blundered from one crisis to another.Threaten to take your ball home Wills,fans wouldnt be looking at any of the actions being taken if your advisors could do there jobs properly.Im pretty sure P Davis and the others would much rather be spending time with their familys etc than fighting your bullshit.Grrrr!

/
W56196272
sonic youth

« Reply #109 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 15:02:27 »

The way in which the club are conducting this is thoroughly unprofessional and downright disgraceful, it's a fucking shambles.

This statement boils down to "shut up or else", as others have said. Rather than publicly slating Mike Wilks, Paul Davis and the Trust, why didn't they liaise with them in private first?

I believe the board did make an offer to Power for the club, but it was at a ridiculously overinflated price. It'd be like buying a Reliant Robin for the price of a Bugatti Veyron.

Furthermore, I've not seen anyone slating the Wills family - only Diamandis. In fact, the general consensus is that the fans are hugely thankful towards Sir Seton but think it's time for a sea change.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 15:16:24 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
The way in which the club are conducting this is thoroughly unprofessional and downright disgraceful, it's a fucking shambles.

This statement boils down to "shut up or else", as others have said. Rather than publicly slating Mike Wilks, Paul Davis and the Trust, why didn't they liaise with them in private first?

Furthermore, I've not seen anyone slating the Wills family - only Diamandis. In fact, the general consensus is that the fans are hugely thankful towards Sir Seton but think it's time for a sea change.

I'd agree with all of that.Of course we're grateful for all the Wills family have done BUT they have also let our club be run by a bunch of incompetents for far too long.It really beggers belief that they don't see that too!

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 16:03:19 »

I'm gonna win the lottery this week and buy the club, Mark Devlin will be the only remaining board member i keep.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 16:10:39 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"
I'm gonna win the lottery this week and buy the club, Mark Devlin will be the only remaining board member i keep.

You cant be......................................cos I am !!!

Beers  Beers  Beers
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 16:12:19 »

Would you like to join my board Fred?

You can be my PR man.

Ash will do the accounts.

Yeovil is chief barman.

Sonic can be head groundsman and stadium manager.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #114 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 16:13:16 »

You can be my PR man.

Yeovil is chief barman.

what can i do.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 16:13:53 »

count me in my friend
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 16:14:37 »

You can be head of catering, our pasties are poor.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 16:15:09 »

Quote from: "SwindonUltra"

You can be my PR man.

Yeovil is chief barman.

what can i do.

Dont tempt me Scott !!!!!
Scot Munroe

« Reply #118 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 16:15:43 »

You can be head of catering, our pasties are poor.

sweet. Count me in.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #119 on: Monday, October 2, 2006, 16:17:17 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"

Dont tempt me Scott !!!!!

spell my name properly Bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12   Go Up
Print
Jump to: