Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Michael Vaughan  (Read 2397 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 17:28:22 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Sorry we all know and love Freddie, because he's the best we've got, but his stats aren't very impressive for his OD career.

England rank 5 on the all time list.....ahead of India New Zealand and Sri Lanka, of the major players.
That's because he's only come into his top form over the past couple of years. Before that he played plenty of games and averaged about 15! That's why its so low.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 17:36:45 »

Umm... Freddie's ODI stats aren't good, admittedly. They're absolutely fucking sensational.

2111 runs @ 35.18 with a strike rate of 92.95 runs per 100 balls
82 wickets @ 23.97 with a runs per over of 4.20
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 17:57:46 »

No doubt FF's form has picked up in the last year.....and he's by far the best we've got, but its a team game and even with his input we still seem to fall short.....bit like KP's in this series.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 18:04:14 »

Freddie's form has picked up in the last year?! Since 2003 he's been the best ODI all-rounder ever. Not just the best that we've produced, but the best ever.

And we'd have won the series with ease with him. Where did the series go wrong? Us bowling at the death. Who's our best death bowler? Freddie. Also, the game where we fell just short in the chase after KP hit his ton - Flintoff would have been able to keep up with KP and see us home.

Before this series Flintoff was our best ODI batsman and bowler. That's like taking Herschelle Gibbs and Shaun Pollock out of South Africa's side. See how they'd have fared without them.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 18:11:04 »

Your enthusiasm for Freddie is commendable but to state he's the best alrounder ever is just an opinion.....part of being great is being available to do the business at the crucial moments of major contests.....this summer is the time when its required, and as I've stated before I would trade winning the WC at football, for reclaiming the Ashes.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, February 13, 2005, 18:17:05 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Your enthusiasm for Freddie is commendable but to state he's the best alrounder ever is just an opinion.
Of course, although it's backed up with stats.

part of being great is being available to do the business at the crucial moments of major contests
And in my opinion this series was about as meaningful as a flower arranging contest.
DMR

« Reply #21 on: Monday, February 14, 2005, 17:08:50 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
We beat India 2-1 last summer and we beat Australia and Sri Lanka last time we played them. I honestly think we can beat anyone if we played this team (which I think we will in the summer):

1 M Trescothick
2 A Strauss
3 M Vaughan
4 K Pietersen
5 A Flintoff
6 P Collingwood
7 G Jones
8 A Giles
9 S Jones
10 S Harmison
11 D Gough

Or you could give Trescothick the gloves, slot Bell in at 4 and move everyone else down one.

soapy tit wank, Ian Bell
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: