Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Match Ratings  (Read 8516 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 21:36:09 »

Brezovan - 6. Didnt have much to do, and was left stranded for the goal. Kicking looked dodgy in the 1st half though.
Smith -  6. Meh. Wishy washy game.
Vincent - 6. ^^^^
Ifil - 8. Different player from last season.
Nicholas- 4. Ohhhhhhh dear. Williams better get fit quick. Looked very dodgy defending corners
Monkhouse- 7. Looked ok going forward, and not afraid to get stuck into a challenge.
Shakes - 7. typical shakes performance really. Ran fast, ad won corners. Good cross for the goal though.
Weston- 6. Looked lost next to pook in the 1st half, but grew in confidence in the second half alongside a more experienced head (and better player)
Pook- 5. Has talent, but a midfield pairing of pook and weston will get pasted in this division. With the possible arrival of ince, it wouldn't be a bad bet to send him out on loan for a few months.
Roberts- 8. Ran his socks off, back to the christian roberts of old. Played an important part in both goals, and was areal handful for the barnet defence.
Peacock - 7. Another 120% performance, but didn't really create much up front, though he was deployed as a target man for most of the game.

Subs

Evans - 8. Changed the game. Gave our midfield some bite, and didn't waste the ball when he had it.
Onibuje - 6. Came on. Ran around a bit. Thats all really.
Brownlie - 7. Bloody brilliant strike. Hassled the defence a lot, and nearly caught the keeper out after a poor backpass. If this proves not to be a fluke, he couldbe pushing roberts or peacock for a 1st team place.

There you go. Feel free to post your own, or have a go at mine.

Things get better but they never get good
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 21:47:29 »

Brezovan - 6 - indeed some suspect kicking, but other than that nothing to do and did ok

Vincent - 5 - pretty average, crap distribution and a bit slow
Smith - 6 - Did ok, did his job
Nicholas - 3 - crap especially 1st half, improved in the 2nd but if we were in league one he would have cost us 2 goals
Ifil - 9 - did nothing wrong, immense in fact

Monkhouse - 4 - lazy, shit set pieces, showed nothing really
Shakes 6 - still can't cross, though made some good runs and got us a flukey goal
Pook - 2 - Just not up to it. Friendlies mean nothing. Couldn't cross, pass, was scared to challenge and overall off the pace
Weston - 4 did nothing for me today, wasted possession and never really go forward

Roberts - 9 - Quality performance, ran for everything, some excellent touches and passing, just needs to better his finishing
Peacock - 7 - again ran his heart out and created some openings, but sometimes passed the ball back a bit too much when other options were on.

Evans - 8 - his experience showed, and calmed things down. We looked a lot more comfortable as a unit as he protected the defence but also allowed and provided going forward

Onibuje - 6 - did what was asked of him

Brownlie - 8 - purely for the goal, and looked threatening behind the front 2
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 21:48:47 »

Brezovan -7. Didnt do anything wrong except typical town keeper kicks.
Vincent - 6. Did OK. Nothing more
Ifil - 7- Marked down for not booting it away for their goal .
Nicholas- 5.  Poor game.
Monkhouse- 6. Improving but still room for improvement!
Shakes -7 . Needs to add some quality to his crossing. Worked hard though
Weston- 6.Poor first half. Evans freed him up in the second
Pook- 5. Has limited talent. Can't see him making it.
Roberts- 9. Incredible work rate for 90 minutes. Only a goal away from perfection.
Peacock - 6 Worked hard but didn't get a chance to shine.

Subs

Evans - 8. Changed the game. Gave our midfield some bite, and didn't waste the ball when he had it. (As per Swindon Town Dave - hehe STD for short).
Onibuje - 6. Couldn't get into the game. But we kept lumping it to him.
Brownlie - 7. As per STD, though I think he is a little way off a starting place yet it won't be long if he keeps this up.
kaufman

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 21:55:48 »

[/quote]

disagree he worked up and down the flank all match, showed some nice touches and runs.
true couple of shite corners but there was that clever one to roberts that he did not connect with.
won quite a few headers and was part of that lovely move that was involved peacock and roberts that was offside in the first half.
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 21:57:47 »

Nicholas was pap, Weston was at fault for the goal, Pook is a bellend and Monkhouse needs to learn how to kick it in the air. My fears that Peacock, for all his effort, is actually shit, look realistic.

Otherwise no complaints.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 21:59:12 »

Monkhouse - Definitely room for improvement , was out of position on numerous occasions and relying on Ifil too much to deal with it.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 21:59:22 »

brezovan- 6  woefull kicking but great throws and commanded area very well
smith-6 tries to do the right thing but nothing special
ifil-6 some good challenges and headers,has to take share of blame for the goa
nicho-5(corrected) same as ifil but a little more dodgy
vincent-5 not impressed
shakes-6erratic,but cannot fault the effort and he scored
pook-5 did nothing really of note dead ball delivery quite good,but nowt else
weston-6 has loads of potential but needs some guidance
monkhouse-5 same as vincent and some dire corner deliverys
roberts-8 superb and deserved to score,involved in everything
peacock-6 bags of effort but strayed offside to often

subs.
brownlie-8 for the goal alone,screamer
onjobbie-6 just for looking untidy.have my doubts
evans-7 should start saturday

great result but the performance was not generally
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 21:59:47 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
My fears that Peacock, for all his effort, is actually shit

:roll:

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:01:03 »

Quote from: "kaufman"

disagree he worked up and down the flank all match, showed some nice touches and runs.
true couple of shite corners but there was that clever one to roberts that he did not connect with.
won quite a few headers and was part of that lovely move that was involved peacock and roberts that was offside in the first half.

Thought he was far too slow in tracking back. Him and Vincent as a combination will cost us a few goals this season against better teams.
kaufman

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:01:19 »

come on the ball ricocheted about 3 times in that penatly area before that their man luckily got a shot in.

barnet had the run of the ball tonight.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:01:59 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
Nicholas was pap, Weston was at fault for the goal, Pook is a bellend and Monkhouse needs to learn how to kick it in the air. My fears that Peacock, for all his effort, is actually shit, look realistic.

Otherwise no complaints.

Nicho looked well off the mark and was outpaced on more than one occasion.

Pook did ok but needed a more experienced individual in midfield to pair up with Weston. Good substitution by Wise.

Peacock, seems to end up playing a little too deep at times however now we have Evans, perhaps service to strikers can improve.
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:02:59 »

I'm amazed someone thinks Pook did ok! He was diabolical.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:04:19 »

Quote from: "arriba"
brezo
ifil-6 some good challenges and headers,has to take share of blame for the goa

why do you hate Jerel so much

Nicho and Smith had chances to clear it and they didnt, Ifil went to clear it and it got a lucky deflection
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:04:52 »

Quote from: "dogs"
I'm amazed someone thinks Pook did ok! He was diabolical.

He is young and inexperienced, our midfield needed an older head to calm things down.  Thats what Wise did. I woudn't call Pook diabolical at all.
DMR

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, August 8, 2006, 22:07:58 »

I don't think he can cut league football tbh though, he's just not intelligent enough with the ball. He has the slowest reaction times I've ever seen
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: