Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Middlesborough  (Read 5251 times)
Anonymous

« on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 14:22:33 »

Correct me if I'm wrong (Reg) but I believe the last time we faced a Premiership side at home was Coventry, where we lost 2-0, though they did have Mustafa Hadji in their side who was a quality player!   :shock:

I don't want to tempt fate, but does anyone think we actually have a chance against on-form 'Boro?  Will they bring a full strength side?  Can O'Hanlon, Ifil and co. cope with Hasselbaink and Viduka.  Viduka shouldn't be a problem anyhow....
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 14:35:46 »

I would not think we have a cat-in-hell's chance.  I am sure Ifil, O'Hanlon and Heywood and capable of looking after Viduka & Hasselbaink but our midfield is just so weak they will totally out-do us in that department i am afraid to say.

y wings are like a shield of steel!
McLovin

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 14:50:14 »

Our midfield didnt even cope with Stefan Oakes...
kizz

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 16:00:34 »

We should have Migs back by then though... I would imagine that would be the sort of game he would thrive on.

Having said that, we will still get a whipping unfortunately!

iven a level playing field (i.e. enough water so a shark could manouevre, but not so deep that a bear would flounder) who would win in a fight between a bear and a shark?
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 16:14:39 »

by then though we could be unbeaten in last 6/7 games, boro have lsot all there games, we don't know.

i think our midfield will be lacking, but migs and hewlett might be back... Parkin might impressive a few people to if we get to the 3rd round and do a decent job.
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 17:09:30 »

If we have a full strength side we can beat them. Ifil and O'Hanlon will be busy but are capable of keeping them quiet if our midfield do their job. Parkin along side Roberts is a brilliant combo and with a sell out crowd at the county ground we have a decent chance of winning, especially if boro dont have their best 11 playing.

But we have to beat Notts first...
Turbo

« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 17:33:34 »

I think that we are certainly capable of winning this match.  A premiership tie will (hopefully) bring out the best in our players.  I can't see us thrashing them or anything, but a 1-0 win is possible.

But obviously we need to improve our form first, we're not going to win unless we start playing better, every game and build up confidence.
flammableBen

« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 17:45:21 »

We've got to be odds on favorites to put 3 or 4 past 'em I reckon. Gotta get past Notts County first though.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 18:20:06 »

We probably won't beat Notts Co so this is irrelevent!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 18:31:53 »

Quote from: Fiisch
Correct me if I'm wrong (Reg) but I believe the last time we faced a Premiership side at home was Coventry, where we lost 2-0, though they did have Mustafa Hadji in their side who was a quality player!   :shock:

I don't want to tempt fate, but does anyone think we actually have a chance against on-form 'Boro?  Will they bring a full strength side?  Can O'Hanlon, Ifil and co. cope with Hasselbaink and Viduka.  Viduka shouldn't be a problem anyhow....

You're correct, on that one.....although I'd say we were undone by Bellamy on the day, he was a bit quicker than what our lot were used to.

It was clear though that Cov were relegation bound as apart from the caravan dwellers Hadji and Chippo, and Bellamy they were poor, and many a half decent Town side from down the years would have taken them.

I'm not going to give Boro any thought unless it happens.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 17:09:52 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 21:22:29 »

Not too confident on the Notts County front, but if we do get to play 'Boro we will need Miglioranzi to be on top form to have any chance.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 11:01:17 »

Not doing too well in the championship at the moment by all accounts. Reckon we could give em a good game now

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 11:08:15 »

Got to get past Notts County first though Dave (who's clearly having a dull morning).
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 12:19:49 »

Ifil and O'Hanlon could keep Viduka and Hasselbaink quiet.

Genius.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 12:22:12 »

The only way they could keep Viduka quiet would be by setting up a buffet on the sidelines.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: