Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New worm virus  (Read 609 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 03:31:52 »

that taunts the recipient. don't know if any of you have heard about this:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050201/152/fbjl6.html

Singing worm abuses victims

By Dan Ilett, ZDNet UK

Not only does the Cisum.A worm pose a security risk, it also taunts those who activate it

A worm that sings abuse as it infects a PC was discovered late last week by Panda Software, an antivirus firm.

Once the worm, dubbed Cisum.A, infects a computer, it displays the message, "You are an idiot" accompanied by chorus of people singing the words.

"I thought it was ingenious," said Mark Price, technical director for Panda. "It doesn't really do anything different from other viruses, but it shouts 'You're an idiot.' Most of them don't shout at you. That's a new one on me."

The worm travels as an email attachment called Project.exe. When opened, the file copies itself to the Windows registry and disables antivirus programs and firewalls, leaving computers more vulnerable to attack. It also stops variants of competing worms Bagle and Netsky from running. It then sends itself to contacts in the Outlook address book and looks for networked computers to infect.

An MP3 file of the "you are an idiot" chant can be downloaded here.

I especially like the last sentence.
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, February 4, 2005, 08:56:37 »

Well next time it rains i will be looking for it on the pavement.

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: