Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trialists next week  (Read 3038 times)
kaufman

« on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 17:17:43 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/TreatmentRoomDetail/0,,10341~842237,00.html
Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 17:48:49 »

Superb stuff...

Devlin has also commented on the goalkeeping situation, admitting that manager Wise is keen to hold out for the 'right type', rather than being rushed into a move.

"There will be around five or six trialists up at training next week, not only goalkeepers but outfield. There will be some Dutch trialists arriving that we are looking at, and both of those could potentially be exciting

Pre-season finally kicking off.  Cool

Rich Pullen

« Reply #2 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 18:29:26 »

Although unpatient... I'm really happy about how the club are conducting themselves at the moment.

Sure, it's boring as sin waiting but the club aren't rushing into anything and signing any old person.

Devlin seems quite optimistic about the Dutchman.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 18:41:07 »

Maybe its going to be Bergkamp  Cool

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 18:43:52 »

N'ah it's the return of Antoine Van Der Linden.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 18:47:37 »

Or a couple of youth teamers looking to escape the troubled Italian teams...
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 19:23:33 »

Quote from: "RichPullen"
Although unpatient... I'm really happy about how the club are conducting themselves at the moment.

Given the way things have been handled in the past, I've also been impressed with the way things are being run now. We almost resemble a properly run football club!

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2006, 14:08:06 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
Or a couple of youth teamers looking to escape the troubled Italian teams...

Saying that, all the Juventus youth team players have been told to look into other options  :|

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2006, 14:45:19 »

Buffon?!!!  Cheesy

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
flammableBen

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, June 27, 2006, 17:27:24 »

I feel that if we haven't signed Nedved and Buffon within the next few weeks then it just shows the lack of ambition from the board and management and why the club needs change at the top.
ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, July 9, 2006, 19:37:36 »

I read in the WDP the other day that Royce Brownlie is back at Swindon, for another trial. I though it odd, but I remember being fairly impressed when I saw him against Gijon.

STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, July 9, 2006, 21:52:20 »

Quote from: "ibelieveinmrreeves"
I read in the WDP the other day that Royce Brownlie is back at Swindon, for another trial. I though it odd, but I remember being fairly impressed when I saw him against Gijon.

Yea i seen that Ian
Dazzza

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, July 9, 2006, 22:01:12 »

I think Royce Brownlie must have had a trial with every club south of the Championship in the past few seasons.  Wasn't he even on the Pox's books for a short spell a couple of years back?

ibelieveinmrreeves

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, July 9, 2006, 22:45:08 »

Quote from: "STFC4LIFE"
Quote from: "ibelieveinmrreeves"

Yea i seen that Ian

Ok you're obviously wanting me to ask who you are...so who are you?

flammableBen

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, July 9, 2006, 22:50:33 »

Got me thinking of random trialists we've had. Few years ago away at woking I remember that Nichols (mark?) doing quite well. Might have been the same season, friendly at basingstoke and some bloke who I'm still not sure what his name was, something like emuma beaunuea. He didn't understand what was going on and just kept running with the ball. classic.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: