Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Shit scared  (Read 2507 times)
adje

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 18:41:48 »

Why is it that the pundits and 99% of the public were panicing about the possibility of playing Germany?Now they're even saying we want Argentina to win tonight 'cause that means we'll avoid them at the quarter final stage.The same people that say we can win the thing are worrying about the opposition!It reminds me of Eriksson at the draw saying we want to avoid USA and Australia.For fuck's sake it's pathetic and it makes me seethe.We shuld think ourselves lucky we had the easiest group and get the fuck on with it!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 18:43:16 »

id rather play Argentina in the final though
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 18:43:41 »

Quote from: "adje"
Why is it that the pundits and 99% of the public were panicing about the possibility of playing Germany?Now they're even saying we want Argentina to win tonight 'cause that means we'll avoid them at the quarter final stage.The same people that say we can win the thing are worrying about the opposition!It reminds me of Eriksson at the draw saying we want to avoid USA and Australia.For fuck's sake it's pathetic and it makes me seethe.We shuld think ourselves lucky we had the easiest group and get the fuck on with it!

I agree.
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 18:44:55 »

its simple to win the world cup u have to beat the best teams FACT, we're going to have face them sometime, i fear no one, not the germans the argies or the brazilians
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 18:46:49 »

Brazil will be knocked out before we get a chance to play them  Soapy Tit Wank
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 18:51:33 »

Quote from: "SwindonTownFC"
its simple to win the world cup u have to beat the best teams FACT, we're going to have face them sometime, i fear no one, not the germans the argies or the brazilians

Not fact at all....in a knock out tournament, its quite possible to win it without facing the best teams...which is why FIFA have periodically tinkered with further group stages etc...to try and make a "purer" tournament.

Last WC the Hun, got to the final beating Paraguay, USA, and S Korea in the KO.....had Neuville's shot not struck a post at 0-0, who knows.

Similarly we need to avoid anyone decent because like the Hun 4 years ago we're not very good.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 19:14:59 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "SwindonTownFC"

Not fact at all....in a knock out tournament, its quite possible to win it without facing the best teams...which is why FIFA have periodically tinkered with further group stages etc...to try and make a "purer" tournament.

Last WC the Hun, got to the final beating Paraguay, USA, and S Korea in the KO.....had Neuville's shot not struck a post at 0-0, who knows.

Similarly we need to avoid anyone decent because like the Hun 4 years ago we're not very good.

True, but my point was that its the people(i.e.TV and radio pundits)who think we ARE good enough to win it that get all jittery about playing good sides

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 19:34:04 »

Probably because it spells the end of an all expenses paid summer playing golf, hanging off lamposts shit faced and shagging player's girlfriends.   Shocked

I think we have quite a good run though to be honest and had we drawn the Germans I'd have said we could have been in with a shout.  Failing that I'd have won my bet.

larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 21:57:24 »

I think we have quite a good run though to be honest and had we drawn the Germans I'd have said we could have been in with a shout. Failing that I'd have won my bet.

The dream hasn't been realized then?

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 22:07:16 »

Am I the only person around here who has not got into the WC at all yet?

I just can't.

England's mediocre showing thus far has not helped even though I am sure they will improve quite a lot (no logical basis for that view other than it's what has happened in the past).

I was as excited at the next man by the pre-tournament hype but now it's here it's doing nothing for me. Perhaps I am gay? I have not had this problem before Oops

Back to the original point, I agree 100%. Any sides with serious aspirations of winning the World Cup shouldn't be giving a shit about who they get in the next round. I want England to win the World Cup because they have proved themselves to be the best team, not that they just got lucky with the draw.

We could be teh best with the players at our disposal but it aint going to happen under the current clown in charge or the next one. The FA missed a trick in not appointing O'Neill, the best manager England never had since Brian Clough.

That's why I cannot get aroused - we've got no f****** chance. I'm not gay after all.

I hope this has been as therapeutic for you as it has for me :shock:
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 21, 2006, 22:19:31 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Am I the only person around here who has not got into the WC at all yet?

I just can't.

England's mediocre showing thus far has not helped even though I am sure they will improve quite a lot (no logical basis for that view other than it's what has happened in the past).

I was as excited at the next man by the pre-tournament hype but now it's here it's doing nothing for me. Perhaps I am gay? I have not had this problem before Oops

Back to the original point, I agree 100%. Any sides with serious aspirations of winning the World Cup shouldn't be giving a shit about who they get in the next round. I want England to win the World Cup because they have proved themselves to be the best team, not that they just got lucky with the draw.

We could be teh best with the players at our disposal but it aint going to happen under the current clown in charge or the next one. The FA missed a trick in not appointing O'Neill, the best manager England never had since Brian Clough.

That's why I cannot get aroused - we've got no f****** chance. I'm not gay after all.

I hope this has been as therapeutic for you as it has for me :shock:

couldn't agree more...every game its 'we must improve, we will, we're better than this' bollocks. every game its the same shite it wont improve ecuador will be harder than most people think. world cup? your havin a laugh

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 08:54:45 »

oh stop the fucking bleating will you !  I want England to win the world cup because its the world cup and its about time we did; if hope, wearing the same pants and never going to the same pub twice is what it takes in the absence of any realistic chance (and we aren't THAT bad anyway) then thats what I'll do.  If you are that worried about failure, go and buy a Brazil shirt (or just a cheap vaguely yellow one of the market, rather than an expensive official shirt, if they do get knocked out then you won't have lost much and might still be able to get one for the team that wins it)- and while you are at it a Chelsea one for next season.

rant over
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 09:10:39 »

Quote from: "genf_stfc"
oh stop the fucking bleating will you !  I want England to win the world cup because its the world cup and its about time we did; if hope, wearing the same pants and never going to the same pub twice is what it takes in the absence of any realistic chance (and we aren't THAT bad anyway) then thats what I'll do.  If you are that worried about failure, go and buy a Brazil shirt (or just a cheap vaguely yellow one of the market, rather than an expensive official shirt, if they do get knocked out then you won't have lost much and might still be able to get one for the team that wins it)- and while you are at it a Chelsea one for next season.

rant over

Do I have to do anything? :shock:
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 09:30:17 »

my point was similar to the fact that Swindon probably won't win the FA cup next year (even the LDV for that matter) but just becasue of that, I don't hope they will get knocked out in the first round
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, June 22, 2006, 09:38:28 »

No, I don't want England to go out but if/when they do go out, one small consolation will certainly be that we don't have to hear people moaning about them any more.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: