Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Nicholas signs 1 year contract  (Read 11655 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 19:12:59 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
why did nicho get frozen out under king?

dont think its possible to read anything into that mans actions

kings management (and general) style is very similar to steve mcmahon. steve mcmahon who froze out shaun taylor and fraser digby and others. did they have drinking problems? or was it a personality clash?
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 19:15:33 »

In McMahon's case it was jealousy that he didn't have the sort of respect and following from the fans as the players - so got rid.

In the case of Nicho it was clearly down to form from what I saw.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 20:20:20 »

I think the fact that so many people say Nicho is out quite often is part of people's disrespect for him though, it's not just all down to word of mouth. I have heard plenty of people who have seen him out a lot, and one said he was out the night before a game.

That to me is asking for trouble, and hopefully Mr Wise will sort it out
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 20:48:32 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I think the fact that so many people say Nicho is out quite often is part of people's disrespect for him though, it's not just all down to word of mouth. I have heard plenty of people who have seen him out a lot, and one said he was out the night before a game.

what you have described is what is known in the trade as word of mouth. you have no evidence to back it up and as has been said before its probably all vastly exagerrated
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 20:52:03 »

But they specifically said to me that they saw Nicho was pissed the night before a game!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 20:52:32 »

how do they know if he was pissed?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 20:53:25 »

Ah well, at least it's only one year.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 21:32:18 »

I've heard plenty of stories about what Nicho gets up to, obviously I hear some from other people and see some things myself...I do take it all with a pinch of salt though....

However last Saturday I went out, and it was the first time I've been out in about 2 and a half years and not see Nicholas out....I seemed shocked by this, I believe he is currently on holiday.

At the end of the day, I dont mind them having a social life....but does having a social mean you have to get tanked up? because they never seem anything but. I've seen some of players in right states where they cant even stand up.

At the end of the day that cant be good for an athlete.

It doesnt help the fact that 'main' drinkers have performed poorly this season and havent looked fit enough. When they cant perform on the pitch thats when it becomes an issue to me.

Obviously last seasons lack of fitness wasnt all due to drinking but I expect it doesnt help.

Also when they go out drinking the night BEFORE a game, thats just takes the fucking piss......esp when we lose 7-1 the next fucking day.

Hope Wise shapes them up....
magnum150

« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 22:03:55 »

Quote from: "DV85"

Also when they go out drinking the night BEFORE a game, thats just takes the fucking piss......esp when we lose 7-1 the next fucking day.

Says it all in a nutshell.
red macca

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 22:24:57 »

Quote from: "DV85"
I've heard plenty of stories about what Nicho gets up to, obviously I hear some from other people and see some things myself...I do take it all with a pinch of salt though....

However last Saturday I went out, and it was the first time I've been out in about 2 and a half years and not see Nicholas out....I seemed shocked by this, I believe he is currently on holiday.

At the end of the day, I dont mind them having a social life....but does having a social mean you have to get tanked up? because they never seem anything but. I've seen some of players in right states where they cant even stand up.

At the end of the day that cant be good for an athlete.

It doesnt help the fact that 'main' drinkers have performed poorly this season and havent looked fit enough. When they cant perform on the pitch thats when it becomes an issue to me.

Obviously last seasons lack of fitness wasnt all due to drinking but I expect it doesnt help.

spot on i seen him alot..two times stick out though once staggering through the outlet village,the other was sparked out on the bench outside lloyds bank,this club has quite a small support as it is ,how can we expect people to take this club seriously if the players cant???
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 22:33:48 »

They are all out a lot of the time. My mums started going out again and she always comes back telling me about all the Swindon players she saw.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 22:42:40 »

I think that a factor in Iffy's demise was that the fans at least had the perception that the players were drinking while putting in poor performances.  

If you are a world beater fine, have a drink, but not the night before a game, or the night before that.  Some professionals, even internationals, used to light up a cigarette at half time.  Have a pint after a Saturday game, good luck especially if it followed a good performance.

BUT IF YOU ARE GOING TO PUT ON A SWINDON TOWN SHIRT AND YOU ARE REGULARLY DRUNK, YOU SHOULD BE SUMMONED TO THE CG AND YOU SHALL BE IMMEDIATELY INFORMED THAT YOU ARE ON THE BENCH FOR THE NEXT THREE RESERVE GAMES.  YOU ARE LETTING DOWN YOURSELF, THE MANAGER, THE COACHES, THE BOARD AND MOST IMPORTANTLY THE FANS.  IF YOU ARE DRINKING THE NIGHT BEFORE A GAME, EVEN A RESERVE GAME, DON"T LET  THE DOOR HIT YOUR ARSE ON THE WAY OUT.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 22:48:56 »

Im a bit drunk and wearing a Swindon shirt does that include me? :shock:

Personaly I dont give a fuck..play well and drink loads is ideal.

Its not a combination you see much these days sadly.

If im honest I think too much is made of the whole 'drink culture' they were crap anyway before they were piss heads.

/
W56196272
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 23:01:18 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Im a bit drunk and wearing a Swindon shirt does that include me? :shock:

Personaly I dont give a fuck..play well and drink loads is ideal.

Its not a combination you see much these days sadly.

If im honest I think too much is made of the whole 'drink culture' they were crap anyway before they were piss heads.

I was referring to the paid Swindon professionals putting on the Swindon shirt.  However, fans should not vomit in a Swindon shirt unless directed at a Bristol City fan.  Vomitting into cleavage is acceptable, in the event that the  female victim supports Oxford Utd.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, May 24, 2006, 23:01:29 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"

Thats what frustrates me, the main offenders if you will have all played well for us, but go progressivly worse.

The Andy Nicholas of 3 seasons ago was 10 times the player our current Andy Nicholas is....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: