Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wise  (Read 19541 times)
Doore

« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 13:53:05 »

Point well made Dave, but I'm still unsure about his knowledge of the lower leagues and working with no resources.  Also concerned that at previous clubs his attitude has undermined team spirit rather than helped to build it - hardly a decent characteristic of a manager.  I hope to be proved wrong though!
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 14:03:11 »

I feel a bit ambivalent about the idea at the moment.IF it does happen i think it could be good,it would certainly increase our chances of attracting players.But it could also be another false dawn a la Colin fucking Todd.I refuse to get too worked up about it until it actually happens.I'd prefer a Wilkins and Wise partnership too tbh.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
DMR

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 14:19:44 »

He'd sort the wasters out that's for sure, unlike their bum-buddy Iffy.

He's a high profile name whose likely to attract a better calibre of player than some journeyman lower league striker.

Get in.
danny121

« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 14:24:21 »

Hopefully hel bring in vialli and Dan petrescu and were be well on our way!

Im excited, he performed very well for conventry towards the end of the season so playingwise he has alot to offer. Great record in his first season at Millwall although hard to judge a manager on one season. I do agree hel bring some much needed dicispline to the club, maybe not so on the pitch but off it, hel ensure players not taking the piss being out every saturday night ala pook and nicks.  Also heard Wilkins will be joining Peter Taylor at Charlton.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 14:24:24 »

I'm not sure, I'm certainly not excited by the news.

If he manages to bring in some wonderkid striker on loan from chelski who scores 30 I'd be mildly happy.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 14:25:24 »

Iffy turned out to a nicer guy than King, but worse tactically and selection-wise.
I had no confidence in his ability to turn things round, and was prepared for another poor season.
 A new manager is always a complete unknown starting from scratch, but if Wise joins up, and with Austin's money,  there will be more hope as far as I am concerned and I look forward to it.

ust be the oldest
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 14:38:19 »

If he manages to bring in some wonderkid striker on loan from chelski who scores 30 I'd be mildly happy

Soapy Tit Wank
As i've said,i can't get too excited about it just yet,it still may not happen.The other week i was wetting myself at the thought of Big Phil becoming England boss and that went tits up Sad So i'll keep the champers on ice until its on the BBC website at least Wink

And fate has just
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 15:18:08 »

Quote from: "larwood"

If he manages to bring in some wonderkid striker on loan from chelski who scores 30 I'd be mildly happy

Soapy Tit Wank
As i've said,i can't get too excited about it just yet,it still may not happen.The other week i was wetting myself at the thought of Big Phil becoming England boss and that went tits up Sad So i'll keep the champers on ice until its on the BBC website at least Wink

You were wetting yourself at the though of Scolari becoming England coach??

Some people are easily pleased :|
Dorset Red

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 15:24:55 »

Quote from: "Kinky Tom"
I'm not sure, I'm certainly not excited by the news.

If he manages to bring in some wonderkid striker on loan from chelski who scores 30 I'd be mildly happy.

So if a 30 goal per season wonderkid only makes you mildly happy, what does it take to make you really happy? Crying
larwood

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 15:26:36 »

Wetting myself,maybe a bit of an over exaggeration Smiley But i wanted it to happen,i'd sooner him than Maclaren any day.
The point is,is that we thought it was going to happen and it didn't,the same could apply with Wise,so i'm not going to get too worked up about it....yet Wink

And fate has just
kaufman

« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 15:33:18 »

i suppose the big question is how much did ray wilkins have to do with the success of millwall while wise was in charge?

if wilkins pretty much ran the whole coaching side as a lot of people believe then are we taking a gamble on wise without wilkins as assistant?

remember that wise left loads of the duties to wilkins as wise was on the pitch where he could motivate the players best but can he do this from just the sidelines?

ah well lets see what happens

is this even official news yet as i have yet to see a quote
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 15:53:43 »

Sky Sports news have just reported that a club spokesperson has confirmed talks with Wise are at an early stage. fyi :|
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 16:05:13 »

Well if it doesn't come off I don't think I will cry Oops

Any way. They're not that likely to be at an advanced stage at this point are they?
kaufman

« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 16:09:12 »

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/videoSearchClipStreamingController/viewClips?quality=1&clipList=108767%2C00%3A01%3A12%2C0%3A00%3A23-

his goal against hull this season

hmm maybe he should play
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, May 17, 2006, 16:09:56 »

No, just saying there have been talks, but we're perhaps reading too much into it. Shrug
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: