Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitness  (Read 8928 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 09:58:46 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
One thing we ALL agree on is that this years preseason MUST be top quality opponents

does anyone know how many home friendlies there are likely to be yet?

Indications were 1 home friendly against higher opposition pencilled in for 29th July.  Copa Ibiza is the 16th-22nd with Huddersfield and possibly Port Vale (although unlikely I think).  So that's 2 games against teams above us and one of them in sweltering heat which will be a good fitness test.  No idea beyond that.
fatbury

« Reply #61 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 10:02:35 »

Id like to see us take on Charlton Athletic or Bolton in a friendly - neither are sides we have played for a bit and they would probably send a good side out to play us

Of the non league scene .. a match against AFC Wimbledon would provide an interesting test and a good crowd ...

For just the good crowd FC United of Manchester
McLovin

« Reply #62 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 10:22:29 »

Pre-season last year was arranged by Alan Reeves.

Iffy wanted a sports scientist/nutritionist this season but we couldn't afford the additional wages.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 11:39:17 »

Quote from: "Boeta"
dv your mind is warped

its their lives not yours so who gives a fuck

if they wanna go out on the piss then its their choice not yours

its my football club, not theirs....they got us relegated. Therefore I hate them all and seeing them all happy and having a good time despite the fucking awful season they have had makes me feel sick.

If they want to go out on the piss fine, but I'd rather they decided to start winning games instead....
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #64 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 11:45:53 »

Many players/coaches/managers have stated that fitness is something you get in pre-season and training in the rest of the season keeps that level of fitness topped up. Unless you're going to have a grueling month of training half way through the season it's hard to recover that fitness back. If that was the case the players would be too knackered for matches anyway. So once into the season fitness is a bit of a catch 22 from a team perspective.
red macca

« Reply #65 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 12:50:21 »

as the young lad lukas said its easier to stay fit than it is to get fit..so we are fucked i would put my house on it that over half our squad are getting pissed up every night..iffy should do what pearce has done tell them to have a good summer then tell them if you come back above a certain weight you will be fined.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 12:52:14 »

Quote from: "red macca"
as the young lad lukas said its easier to stay fit than it is to get fit..so we are fucked i would put my house on it that over half our squad are getting pissed up every night..iffy should do what pearce has done tell them to have a good summer then tell them if you come back above a certain weight you will be fined.
Buy a tent. Wink
red macca

« Reply #67 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 12:56:13 »

Quote from: "santini"
Quote from: "red macca"
Buy a tent. Wink
  ok not every night..but more than they should be
sonic youth

« Reply #68 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 15:59:32 »

do i have to spell it out?

the players are unfit because pre-season was a disaster because of mr andy king. end of.
Amir

« Reply #69 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 16:13:54 »

I agree that pre-season training is very important - especially in making sure you can hit the ground running so to speak - but I think it's being over played a bit.  Physical training will give you the strength to do all the things needed in a match, but then so will playing matches.  Of course if your pre-season training is really that bad then it will take a good long while to get to your peak.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 16:16:40 »

Pre-season last year was organised by Reeves, what didn't help was that we couldn't get the squad in place until late on due to the massive reduction in budget and many players having to leave. Also the timing of the Elton John concert meant we couldn't play any friendlies against higher level opposition, which was certainly a setback.

Definitely wasn't an ideal pre-season and I'm sure it didn't help with the fitness - hopefully this year the concert is timed a bit better and with the budget remaining the same or even increasing we should be able to get the squad sorted sooner.

Not all the players we ended the season with were with us for pre-season though.
red macca

« Reply #71 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 16:47:32 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Pre-season last year was organised by Reeves, what didn't help was that we couldn't get the squad in place until late on due to the massive reduction in budget and many players having to leave. Also the timing of the Elton John concert meant we couldn't play any friendlies against higher level opposition, which was certainly a setback.

Definitely wasn't an ideal pre-season and I'm sure it didn't help with the fitness - hopefully this year the concert is timed a bit better and with the budget remaining the same or even increasing we should be able to get the squad sorted sooner.

Not all the players we ended the season with were with us for pre-season though.
and now we have another concert and a tour of IBIZA.good for the fans not so good for the players i think..
sonic youth

« Reply #72 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 16:50:36 »

the bryan adams concert was organised earlier so that it wouldn't play havoc with our pre-season schedule, there should be room for one or two home friendlies.

i think the ibiza tour is silly though.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 18:51:38 »

And we STILL haven't organised ANY pre season friendlies.
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #74 on: Monday, May 15, 2006, 19:02:35 »

Quote from: "Tails"
And we STILL haven't organised ANY pre season friendlies.

has anyone else?

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: