Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I'M FUCKING ANGRY  (Read 5426 times)
Spud

« Reply #45 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 04:55:37 »

Quote from: "Sussex Red"
I don't see why people have a problem with ID cards. If you've nothing to hide, no problem, and if it saves some of (or a lot of..) the tax we pay by weeding out the frauds, what is there to disagree with?

It's a no brainer, surely?! Unless you're a traveller, murderer, illegal killer immigrant, and all that crap etc..

From the huge savings the government would make in the long run, it will mean the government will have more money for the things we vote them into power for. Health, Education, Pensions (bit of a long shot that one I admit!)

To be honest, it worrys me that some of the young'uns on here don't see the reasons why ID cards would help the state of this country.

I had a rant  Cool

I thought that's what the Police force's 'stop and search' policy was all about?.

I dont mind having an I.D Card but im not fucking paying for one.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 07:37:43 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Leftie Davis isnt allowed to agree with Goverments in any shape or form.

Hmm, Yeovil thinks I'm a leftie because I don't agree with ID cards and Reg thinks anyone opposed to ID cards is part of the Tory elite. So I must have got it about right. Either that, or I'm a Liberal. How depressing.
Dazzza

« Reply #47 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 09:55:42 »

No-one's seen the system yet, they're redesigning it almost daily.

Not going to go into it as I'd get my bottom spanked but the finished system was pretty much in place weeks if not months ago.  Still amendments going on but for the best part it's already there.

Biometric passports are already being trialled in consulates, technology and set-up for ID cards is pretty much the same system.

In many respects certain departments are light-years ahead of the press and even the Government!

Bear in mind this system will be run by the Home Office, the same monkeys that can't manage to review released prisoners for deportation properly.

Different monkeys altogether, the people responsible for ID cards are nothing to do with that side of the Home Office.

They're already looking at putting health and NI details on the national ID database - for your own convenience, nothing to fear.

That's a hell of a long way off and the key phrase of that is 'looking'.  I wouldn't worry to much as the logistics of including both would be so expensive you're more likely to see Prescott circling the top of Blackpool Tower.

Again though what objection is there to having your NI number on an ID card or even vital key medical info?  

So why then did 65% of coppers (who know more than most about how such systems, can be, will be and are abused) refuse to voluntarily register for the DNA database? Nothing to fear? Most coppers thought otherwise. I've got something to fear - I don't trust the government, not this one, not the last one, not the next one.

Out of principal (or maybe guilt in some cases).

Completely different to an ID card though.  All your ID card is going to carry initially is your basic personal information and eventually biometric identifiers that will be present in your passport and will eventually become necessary to enter certain countries.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 10:13:11 »

It's not the card that is the biggest problem tho dazza - it's the national ID database that is behind it and which the card both represents and is the physical token of. So it doesn't matter what's stored on the card - the govt is setting up a national identity and surveillance system the likes of which the world has never seen.

And it's all very well saying "Oh, they're not doing such and such yet" or "They're only looking at that" - sure as eggs is eggs, once this thing is in place, the govt will find all kinds of nice new uses for it, and once the principal has been conceded, it'll be "Well, we've already got the cards, so it makes sense to add xyz". Look at the DNA database - started out as just taking DNA off criminals and only in relation to particular crimes but we'll destroy the samples afterwards, then they started retaining the samples, then they started taking samples from suspects and retaining those, then they started retaining samples from volunteers. Now they're calling for a permanent nationwide DNA database, whether you're a crim or not. And no I don't want to debate the rights and wrongs of the DNA database (as you say it's a separate issue) but the point is that with any govt power grab like this once you've conceded the principal you're screwed, they'll go on taking miles till they're blue in the face.

Ask yourself this: if you're happy to go on the "Nothing to hide, nothing to fear" principal, are you equally happy for some civil servant to listen to all your phone calls, read all your post, read all your emails? After all, it'll help combat terrorism (maybe) or benefit fraud (possibly) or illegal immigration (in some unspecified way) and as a decent citizen you've got nothing to worry about have you?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 10:26:28 »

Im happy for them to do all this.  Surely the UK will be safer for this and therefore is a good thing?

flammableBen

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 10:29:54 »

It will be like that book based on the reality tv show. Where we're all part of big brother.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 10:48:03 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Im happy for them to do all this.  Surely the UK will be safer for this and therefore is a good thing?

How will we be safer? Cos the govt sure as shit can't tell us - Blunkett first and then Clarke have always backed down when asked in parliament to describe how ID cards would make us safer from terrorism etc Because they won't
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 10:58:57 »

Id cards will be developed to spray unremovable pink paint all over anyone who is a terrorist (the ID card will have mind reading ability).

There, easy, see someone painted pink, you know what they are up to.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 11:04:56 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
Id cards will be developed to spray unremovable pink paint all over anyone who is a terrorist (the ID card will have mind reading ability).

There, easy, see someone painted pink, you know what they are up to.

I can already see the public enquiry into the accidental shooting of Mr Blobby by anti-terrorist police  Cheesy If you could guarantee that, I'd willingly carry an ID card!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 11:15:31 »

Mr Blobby is clearly a terrorist.  What other reason is there for wearing such large amounts of cushioning and working with Noel Edmunds?

Why he hasn't been locked up is a mystery.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 11:19:44 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
It will be like that book based on the reality tv show. Where we're all part of big brother.

Sheesh Ben, lighten up. You're being way too serious  Wink

Actually that post made me chuckle.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 12:20:56 »

Quote from: "pauld"

Hmm, Yeovil thinks I'm a leftie because I don't agree with ID cards and Reg thinks anyone opposed to ID cards is part of the Tory elite. So I must have got it about right. Either that, or I'm a Liberal. How depressing.

The evidence-

You smoke roll ups.
Your a Veggie.

Sounds like a leftie to me  Tongue

(hahaha thats rubbish evidence Cool Lefties are great anyway Adjes one as well)

***more evidence just found***

I'm starting a campaign for "being called Rupert" to be part of the criteria that gets you banned from being involved with football under the "fit and proper person" test

Pure class war comment Cheesy

/
W56196272
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 12:26:17 »

Surely it will sort out illigal immigrants and that in my book is a good thing.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 12:32:04 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Surely it will sort out illigal immigrants

How?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, May 4, 2006, 12:33:20 »

Quote from: "pauld"

The evidence-

You smoke roll ups.
Your a Veggie.

Sounds like a leftie to me  Tongue

***more evidence just found***

I'm starting a campaign for "being called Rupert" to be part of the criteria that gets you banned from being involved with football under the "fit and proper person" test

Pure class war comment Cheesy

Well, that's me bang to rights then Cheesy  I'm off to knit myself some sandals
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: