Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Call back scams  (Read 690 times)
Dazzza

« on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 20:12:31 »

Anyone fallen foul of one of these where by you are called by a premium rate number usually from a recorded voice made to sound realistic that then charges you for a premium rate call?

Just had one from a message that plays a voice mail "you have one new message" response that sounds like any mobile or landline automated answer phone.  It then goes into offering some holiday offer.

Bastards keep calling, that’s 3 in the last 15 minutes.

Amir

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, January 27, 2005, 23:14:01 »

They were talking about these on Radio 2 today.  Seems they have got alot more ingenious as people have wised up to the old tricks.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 28, 2005, 11:51:32 »

I had one of those!!  I was up the pub for a couple after work, then a couple turn into a couple more and then I get this call from a woman who said I'd told her that I'd be back home by 7.  No matter what I said didn't seem to help matters, went on for ages.

To top things off when i got home my girlfriend wouldn't speak to me and just went to bed and went asleep.

Bastards!!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 28, 2005, 12:10:23 »

i got a call once from a women saying i'd nicked her daughters phone. No matter how many times i told her that she must have got the wrong number and i brought my phone from phones 4 u and not cash converters as she suggested  :-))(

It went on until i asked her what the make of phone was - she didn't know (nothing like getting your facts straight) and she insisted i tell her where i lived so she could come round and get the phone. She was a little shocked to here i lived in swindon (no i didn't give her my full address :-))( ) because she was up north.  

Anyway she said she'd get her daughter to call back - i never did get that call or in fact that apology that the bitch owed me  :evil:

i would've just hung up, but she'd already called my phone a million times without me answering so i doubt she would have given up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: