Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FTAO Jamie Cureton / Lee Peacock  (Read 2370 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:28:22 »

I have purposefully not written this until now as was too upset before but would like to say the following things, the rest of the forum may want to slag me off for it but in all honesty I don’t give a toss !

Jamie

You did not deserve the abuse you got after the final whistle and, fair play to you, you were willing to stand there and answer it in your own way. For a small man you have mighty broad shoulders my friend !.

I for one was impressed that you chose to answer the boo boys in your own way (rightly or wrongly), I just wish that other members of the playing staff showed the same feelings that we were all feeling today.

You are a good player, playing in a poor team. Sometimes that can be overcome by playing a style of football that will suit your game. Hoofing a long ball constantly to you, against a 6’5” centre half it is never going to happen !

I feel sorry for you but I hope you will not let the post match episode today deter from giving your usual 100%.

Lee

Once again you were asked to perform a miracle, I realise you are injured and the easy option would be for you to lie on the treatment table as so-called professional footballers have done in the past and collected the dosh so to speak.

But you don’t !

Fair play to you, you were all over the park again when you came on and worked for the cause. I didn’t expect anything else really.

The rest of you can fuck off.
Spud

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:30:07 »

Great Post Fred!  Cool
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:30:58 »

The Players,

You're all a disgrace. I hate you.

(Peacock and Evans are excused)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:33:06 »

peacock,cureton,o'hanlon and evans.good pro's we need to keep hold of.the rest are piss poor
my-velocity

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:35:44 »

The fans who did shout abuse at Curo can fuck right off, they're just a bunch of dickheads who need to get a life.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:21:26 »

cureton is a knob in my opinion. thats my opinion.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:23:18 »

maybe knob is abit over the top. lets say i don't like him.
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:27:03 »

id have Cureton in my team, if he gets a decent chance in the box 9 times out of 10 he'll stick it away but the bloke is a complete cunt, he doest do much work wise, he doesnt close down or try like Peacock does, yet Cureton has the nerve to moan about the teams defending and effert.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:28:18 »

IF he gets decent chances....IF he doesnt get decent chances hs is usless....
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:29:33 »

when he has got decent chances he has missed most, and scored a few...he has been dissapointing.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:33:36 »

he doest do much work wise, he doesnt close down

i would generally agree with that, but today he was getting stuck in a bit. there were many times when he was organising the midfield about, and if he gave the ball away he would hassle toget it back. hes also been one of the only fuckwits whose had the balls to acknowledge the fans at the end of the games. think back to forest. him and jenkins were the only 2 players to clap the fans, while all the other spineless twats pissed off down the tunnel.

Things get better but they never get good
rudeboydreas

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 03:05:46 »

We don't deserve Lee Peacock, I had an arguement with a fan at full time because I was applauding Peacock and he said none of them deserved applaud. I told the 'fan' to fuck off to Stamford Bridge.

img]http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9228/diamandisal7.jpg[/img]
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 05:21:36 »

Cureton is a very good player, and should be applauded for standing up for himself.  I remember people criticising Don Rogers for being lazy, he scored twenty goals a season from the left wing for Pete's sake.  I recall seeing Jimmy Greaves scoring a hatrick, he probably only got four touches of the ball in ninety minutes.  Would Bobby Charlton  have been any good without Nobby Stiles working like a dog for him.  If you have a striker with rare skill give him some freedom, let the players with less skill worry more about work rate.  It's all about balance which Colchester United evidently had.
STFC Village

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 09:05:58 »

Quote from: "Johno"

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, April 16, 2006, 09:55:05 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"

Having not been there I can't comment much. It just cripples me inside to think that the team went out knowing they had to perform yesterday and I hear that they just looked disinterested.

Well done Mr Peacock for talking to the fans and saying the bold things you said. I admire that and am glad that somebody can empathise with the fans when other members of the team seem not to care at all.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: