Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: discussions after the game  (Read 4452 times)
glos_robin

« on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:17:41 »

posted this on myonlyswindon so thought i would on here too as quite interesting few points

As i think a couple of others have briefly mentioned about 20 or 30 people stayed behind the arkells stand after the match and i found it quite informative so thought i'd post a brief summary on here.

First out was Carson.......Can I just say the bloke is a disgrace, he comes accross as an arrogant waste of space and showed he doesn't care about the club. Someone mentioned there's too much secrets at the club and Carson told him to F Off and grab hold of him n stuff. Every other word was F'ing this or F'ing that. So Carson can get out the club, he does nothing for STFC.

Next out was Devlin....Firstly he apologised n seemed abit down and stuff. Then he admitted that certain players had let the club down and checked with the physio after the match to see if players really were injured. He basically said aswell that the loan situation and squad situation at the start of the season is why we are where we are. Also King will be paid by us until September as the terms of his contract mean that whenever he is sacked he gets a years pay after this date.
Devlin wasn't at all impressed with the players effort.
***The big news though was he said that progress has finally been made with the council and over the next 2 years changes to the CG should finally start to happen.
Devlin also said some dodgey building crook had approached the club about investing, he found out he was dodgey after doing a search on google.

Finally Peacock came out and fair play he was talking to us for about half hour. He was down like the rest of us and without mentioning and particualar names he slated some players saying certain players need to learn how to do things. Also he was angry that he see's players in training doing things in training, playing well n stuff, then as soon as they get to a match their awful.
So I dont think certain players will get a christmas card off him.
He said he'll definately be here next season, his knee needs an op and he refused huddersfield, southend and wallsall amongst others to come to us.

All in all quite insightful really
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:21:48 »

I do fucking love Peacock.  I feel really bad for spending 90 minutes at Reading vs. Sheffield Wednesday shouting at abuse at him.  The guy obviously really cared.

We heard Carson said he didn't "want Iffy as manager anyway" passing the blame onto Wills....
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:21:53 »

I've never liked carson. Since when does he go to any swindon games and showed interest in our problems ? He does not give a rats arse. More interested in his horses.

RED ARMY
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:21:58 »

Hmm, seems odd that the fans would actually get answered for starters, having said that it doesnt tell me anything I didnt already know.....

It would be interesting to get the whole Peacock conversation though, but I can understand why you cant do it publically...
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:22:43 »

very interesting.

/
W56196272
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:23:35 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
posted this on myonlyswindon so thought i would on here too as quite interesting few points

As i think a couple of others have briefly mentioned about 20 or 30 people stayed behind the arkells stand after the match and i found it quite informative so thought i'd post a brief summary on here.

First out was Carson.......Can I just say the bloke is a disgrace, he comes accross as an arrogant waste of space and showed he doesn't care about the club. Someone mentioned there's too much secrets at the club and Carson told him to F Off and grab hold of him n stuff. Every other word was F'ing this or F'ing that. So Carson can get out the club, he does nothing for STFC.

Next out was Devlin....Firstly he apologised n seemed abit down and stuff. Then he admitted that certain players had let the club down and checked with the physio after the match to see if players really were injured. He basically said aswell that the loan situation and squad situation at the start of the season is why we are where we are. Also King will be paid by us until September as the terms of his contract mean that whenever he is sacked he gets a years pay after this date.
Devlin wasn't at all impressed with the players effort.
***The big news though was he said that progress has finally been made with the council and over the next 2 years changes to the CG should finally start to happen.
Devlin also said some dodgey building crook had approached the club about investing, he found out he was dodgey after doing a search on google.

Finally Peacock came out and fair play he was talking to us for about half hour. He was down like the rest of us and without mentioning and particualar names he slated some players saying certain players need to learn how to do things. Also he was angry that he see's players in training doing things in training, playing well n stuff, then as soon as they get to a match their awful.
So I dont think certain players will get a christmas card off him.
He said he'll definately be here next season, his knee needs an op and he refused huddersfield, southend and wallsall amongst others to come to us.

All in all quite insightful really

Peacock's a fuckin top bloke, wish we had 11 of him in the team. Glad to see he's commited to the cause, I've been very impressed with him since he joined.
glos_robin

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:28:26 »

in all honesty it's pretty much all stuff most of us knew but Peacock is a top bloke. it was a light hearted conversation which i think made Peacock forget he was talking to fans.

He wouldn't mention individual names as you'd expect but he was pretty annoyed and said he'll be straight home tonight no drinking or anything........a proper pro for once.

also slated some of the other players when he said when your bottom of the league it's not a good idea to be seen out drinking b fans.

So all in all he was honest which is all you can ask for.

Carson however is an evil little demon, someone asked him also where he was last saturday, at our match or the grand national, he answered with 'at the grand national obviously' and walked off laughing. he can fuck off

Devlin I've got a lot more respect for now, he didn't have spend half an hour of his evening with the fans
Spud

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:29:24 »

Peacock's ace, you could see today that he was getting pissed off with the other players not putting any effort in.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:30:47 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"

also slated some of the other players when he said when your bottom of the league it's not a good idea to be seen out drinking b fans.

I'll answer that one:

Brown, Shakes, Benjamin, Pook, Nicholas AND Iffy have been seen out drinking a lot lately.

Cureton was also out last week.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:33:34 »

When peacock came on , he started shouting and telling the players what to do and what not, he was really trying to get the spirit back up. He looked gutted at the end.

RED ARMY
glos_robin

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:42:16 »

yeah the kind of names you'd expect......bit worried about Iffy to be honest, the job could be to big for him and with the drinking culture that already exists at the club he could turn to drink as a way of escaping...........afterall the names mentioned do it to escape the reality of being shit
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:45:17 »

it says it all, I think it was after an attack or maybe a corner, but Gurney and J.Smith were out of position and down the other end, but who wass it that ran all the way back with the man with the ball....our unfit injured striker for fuck sake....
glos_robin

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 19:53:52 »

yeah i thought exactly the same at the time he ran the full pitch length to catch that bloke..........to be honest my only critisism of Peacock is that he does all this hard work, maybe needs to stay up top abit more where he will get goals. But equally if he doesn't do the hard work, noone else will so in our situation  sadly Peacock has to.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:09:26 »

What a legend the 'Peaconator' is becoming  Cheesy  Top bloke!
He definetly needs a song.

As soon as he came on earlier, he livened it up and we generally attacked with more force, when he was present.
His passion really shows and when one of our players (Can't remember who....) lost the ball on the edge of the oppositions box, it was Peacock who bothered to sprint all the way back to our own area, to tackle the player! It wasn't even his job to do, but he obviously knew the rest wouldn't bother....AND he's still carrying an injury!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 15, 2006, 20:17:26 »

i wish i could have spoke to cureton.  Sad that would have been funny, and an angry conversation.

peacock has been a legend since he came really.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: