Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: urgency...  (Read 3486 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 16:50:14 »

fuck sake town so some fucking urgency...why keeping passing it across the back line....we havent got time, anything less than 3 points every week isnt good enough....
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 17:12:29 »

No....trying to play football is the only way to go even at the end.

That philosophy should be drummed into the players, then attempts should be made to educate the fans.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 17:15:50 »

fat lot of good passing across the back line did today......

and you can play football and go forward at the same time....
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 17:17:26 »

i thought we made some good chances in the second half shame about the first
STFC Village

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 17:24:40 »

Dreadful first half, better second half, draw a fair result, we are down if we continue like that.

That about sums up my thoughts
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 18:06:32 »

we hoffed in fornt as we were urgent....was awful.

we passed the ball well and when we did we scored and should have scored the other.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:00:16 »

Gurney was missed in today.  We need cool heads, passing ability, and experience.  We might have had a chance at Swansea if Gurney was available.  Let's face it, without Gurney, we are doomed.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:03:06 »

If you build the ball from the back keep the ball thus preventing the chances the other team can create. That said you need defenders that can pass the ball confidently.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:03:47 »

I wouldn't say we are doomed. This team is guaranteed to throw up surprises, they are wearing Swindon shirts. Its not looking great but I believe we stil can win at Swansea and we will see how the table looks after that
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:04:06 »

Quote from: "Crozzer"
Gurney was missed in today.  We need cool heads, passing ability, and experience.  We might have had a chance at Swansea if Gurney was available.  Let's face it, without Gurney, we are doomed.

C Gurney is an anagram for urgency.  :roll:
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:10:55 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
If you build the ball from the back keep the ball thus preventing the chances the other team can create. That said you need defenders that can pass the ball confidently.

Thats all well and good, but when you're 22nd and there are only 6 games left and you're playing another team right down near the bottom and its currently 1-1 you want to create chances for yourself rather than stopping them....
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:15:43 »

You can still build from the back and play high tempo football. Middlesborough were far better when they did that and not hoof the ball forward. I know our players are far from 'boro's quality but the same principle can apply.
flammableBen

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:17:49 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Andy Gurney is an anagram of Gay Dyer Nun.

Think that sums up our season..

somehow
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:19:41 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
You can still build from the back and play high tempo football. Middlesborough were far better when they did that and not hoof the ball forward. I know our players are far from 'boro's quality but the same principle can apply.

That I agree with, but 'boro would have at least gone forward with the ball and involve the midfield.

Jenkins and O'Hanlon were doing their Chuckle Brothers impression me to you, to me to you and then back to Evans.....l

Im all for building up the play, but at that stage we needed to get it on the deck take it forward then lay it into Whalleys feet and let the midfield take it forward and play it through to the strikers.

Instead we had O'Hanlon to Jenks, to O'Hanlon, to Jenks to O'Hanlon to Evans who punted it forward....not the best way to get goals
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, April 8, 2006, 19:29:48 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Andy Gurney is an anagram of Gay Dyer Nun.

Think that sums up our season..

somehow

Any Reg undy.....is more accurate.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: