Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Piss-Up Holiday  (Read 2159 times)
walrus

Ignore
« on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 12:52:17 »

After the best week of my life in Corfu last year, we're thinking of booking another lad's holiday mid-August.  The most likely place seems to be Kos as it's the cheapest at around £350 per person for a week (there's 12 of us going).  Has anyone been/know anything about it?  My google skills as Pieman points out leave much to be desired.  I see lots of groups going to Kos at the airport but never spoken to anyone who's actually been!
fatbury

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 12:57:24 »

Been to Kos

..Laganas is brilliant mate .. youll love it there .. row upon row of bars and totty .... the welsh pub run by a guy called Lou (who became my mate - even offered me a job out there - but i never took him up on it) was my personal fave .. but then I always had a weakness for Welsh girls

Tho i can recommend Crete ... Hersonissos is classier but lots of totty in Malia ..
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 13:01:19 »

Isn't Laganas Zante?  We wanted to do Zante but at £520 for the week it seemed a bit pricey!  It isn't helped that we're booking it so late!  Malia is another consideration....
fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 13:05:55 »

yeah youre right .. got mixed up with the names cos Laganas is that place I wanted to go to and never did

Khardamena is where i meant in Kos .. bloody ace and cheap!

But youd love Malia too !
Piemonte

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 13:07:21 »

I'be been to Kos, staying in cardemania (sp?) and it was pretty good. that was 5 years ago though

there were quite a few bars but only 2 clubs i think. It was all a bit small scale there, which had its advantages - you'd recognise groups of girls from the prevoius nights etc which allowed you put some leg work in
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 13:09:27 »

We were just talking about the same thing last night. Not sure whether to go somewhere cheap like Corfu or Kos or something more expensive like Australia, America or Thailand. Tough choices.
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 13:11:00 »

We've got ours booked, Auguest 19th-26th. It's only in Polzeath (sp?) though  Tongue
DMR

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 13:11:58 »

To be fair, whilst Cornwall ain't exactly glamorous, we're doing Germany which will be nuts and I'm off to Australia for 9 months in October.
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 13:29:25 »

FAO Kos

Lock up your Kids, Walrus is on his way.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 13:47:24 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
We were just talking about the same thing last night. Not sure whether to go somewhere cheap like Corfu or Kos or something more expensive like Australia, America or Thailand. Tough choices.

you can get really good value flights with sta travel.  providing youre under 26 it works out a lot cheaper.
McLovin

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 13:56:33 »

Go to Cyprus. Bit pricier for accommodation, but dead cheap when you're there - unlike Greece.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 14:14:15 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"

you can get really good value flights with sta travel.  providing youre under 26 it works out a lot cheaper.

Yep, I've been checking some of the prices on their website. Probably would go with them.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 14:45:50 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
Go to Cyprus. Bit pricier for accommodation, but dead cheap when you're there - unlike Greece.

Ayia napa is ace  Cool
magic8ball

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 14:58:01 »

Barcelona does indeed rock.

I met Patrick Kluivert there, what a nice chap he was.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 6, 2006, 15:15:53 »

I have been there.  I went to the zoo  Cool
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: