Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: people make up your minds  (Read 11147 times)

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 09:35:02 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
the board can shove their stupid, unrealistic stadium plans up their arses

So what are the plans then? You seem to know a lot more than the rest of us.

the plans that were printed in the adver some time ago,and discussed on the radio,and reported on regional tv.
it was stated at the time that the cricket and athletics clubs would be part of the redevelopment, no alternative sites for relocation of those clubs was ever made public by the club.that was in my opinion the stupid and unrealistic part. people on here have said new ideas are being worked on now without the need to redevelop the above sites previously mentioned.i hope that something sensible is forthcoming,but i have my doubts.
surely the board should have done their homework in  the first place,not put forward crazy proposals like they did then have them rejected only to go away and start again as is the case now.hardly looks like a well thought out and planned application does it?
as for the board having the interests of stfc as their no1 priority,nobody on this forum can know for sure the answer to that.
and the inflated ticket prices,devlin said we had to do it bla bla bla but he did exactly the same thing at qpr,similar reasons given.
also the fiasco with player contracts has seen longer contracts now given out during the course of this season as the board know they fucked up at the end of the last one.looks like relegation will be the result of that mistake.
the only one of my questions that i probably will never find out is what devlin earns,but being able to speak confidently doesn't make him a great man for stfc,only time will tell.
STFC Village

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 10:08:14 »

Quote from: "arriba"
and the inflated ticket prices,devlin said we had to do it bla bla bla but he did exactly the same thing at qpr,similar reasons given.
Maybe, that is because it is the real reason? What is your point here?
also the fiasco with player contracts has seen longer contracts now given out during the course of this season as the board know they fucked up at the end of the last one.looks like relegation will be the result of that mistake
The main reason for us getting relegated, would be having to slash the wage budget over the last few years, imho.
the only one of my questions that i probably will never find out is what devlin earns,but being able to speak confidently doesn't make him a great man for stfc,only time will tell
Surely though, you can't deny that PR for the club has improved dramatically since Devlins return?
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 10:12:47 »

The PR & marketing may well have improved since Devlin returned but lets be honest about it, It's still shockingly poor.

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 10:20:14 »

the plans that were printed in the adver some time ago,and discussed on the radio,and reported on regional tv.
it was stated at the time that the cricket and athletics clubs would be part of the redevelopment, no alternative sites for relocation of those clubs was ever made public by the club.that was in my opinion the stupid and unrealistic part. people on here have said new ideas are being worked on now without the need to redevelop the above sites previously mentioned.i hope that something sensible is forthcoming,but i have my doubts.
surely the board should have done their homework in  the first place,not put forward crazy proposals like they did then have them rejected only to go away and start again as is the case now.hardly looks like a well thought out and planned application does it?
as for the board having the interests of stfc as their no1 priority,nobody on this forum can know for sure the answer to that.
also the fiasco with player contracts has seen longer contracts now given out during the course of this season as the board know they fucked up at the end of the last one.looks like relegation will be the result of that mistake.
the only one of my questions that i probably will never find out is what devlin earns,but being able to speak confidently doesn't make him a great man for stfc,only time will tell.

What would you suggest that the board do, now we're on the same page?
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 10:31:55 »

What would you suggest that the board do, now we're on the same page?

GET THEIR WALLETTS OUT

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 10:35:52 »

they should of had a realistic workable ground redevelopment plan in the first place.
where they go from here i honestly dont have a clue.
i would agree that the pr has dramatically improved but would have preferred an extra player myself.
i think the ticket issue was a massive clanger and qpr fans were also disgusted at their extortionate increases.if devlin moved elsewhere he'd probably do the same.people wouldn't mind if the money was invested in the team and we were doing well,like during the playoff season,but we are sliding downwards rapidly.
you cant slash player budgets and ask fans to pay top prices.some will put up with it but many others have been driven away. some visiting supporters avoid coming here for those reasons also.if they pick and choose games they avoid us.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 10:53:30 »

I think the fans have limited knowledge of the facts to be making judgements about the board. The Brady situation was much worse in my opinion though. Brady and his board were spending money on silly things - obviously thinking the new front garden development would offset those expenses. When SBC were being too slow/uncooperative with Brady he jumped ship. The present board have been stabalizing previous boards' mess. Whilst the current set up isn't ideal, it's what we're stuck with, and I think they're doing ok. Putting money into things that are obviously going to fail in the future (unless a stadium is built) would be a stupid idea, from both a business and personal (to the board members') sense.

Devlin has done a good job I think. Let's be honest, there are members of the board who do not know anything about football at all. Devlin has proven skills at running football clubs - even if it is just one/a few aspects of it. I also thought that Devlin rejoined as a non-executive (please correct me if I'm wrong), which is great if you ask me. Many football clubs do not have these roles (which are actually advocated and encouraged by the Combined Code of good corporate governance). Since Devlin has returned the fans have had more of an interaction with the club. There have been fan forums and Devlin has been publicly making an effort to release as much info as he can.

Lastly, if ticket prices were £15 for the whole ground and we sold 7000 tickets, that would generate a revenue of £105,000. To generate the same revenue at an attendance level of 5000, prices would have to be £21. We wouldn't get 7000 in our current position unless we gave away tickets for silly money. I don't like the ticket prices as much as anyone -so much so I haven't been to a game since Bournemouth at home (though this from being poor rather than choice) - but even I can understand the simple economics of it all.
Asher

« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 10:54:23 »

If I bought the club id want it to fund itself not me keep pumping money in.  The board are doing well and unless you guys on here want to put your money where your mouth is I would recommend shutting the fuck up.  If the board leave who is going to take over? the trust? lets face it they have raised around 20k I believe in 2 years towards a player fund.  say they times this by 10 they would have 200k a year to run a club that is losing 750 a year.  Thats not a dig at the trust byt lets face it the dircetors are keeping us going at the moment.  Get off their backs

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 11:05:01 »

i am not trying to get rid of the board as there is no real alternative,but clangers have been made by them in my opinion and i dont have much faith in them.
agree that the brady bunch and donegan were much worse for the club and the current mob did inherit alot of the shit they caused.if previous boards had lived within the means of the club we might not be in the shit we are now.
as for the simple economics people wont pay top prices for a shit product,it is a recipe for disaster.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 11:12:30 »

So do you think that dropping ticket prices to £15 would generate more revenue for example? How much more people would come along to watch a 'shit product' if the price was cheaper? Let's face it, only the regulars go along these days.
Asher

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 11:12:47 »

Loyalty is a massive part of the ticket prices.  Personally i would still support the team every week at £50 a game (devlin - you dare?)

The thing is theres no point living life with lots of what if's, regrets etc.  I mean what is Sarah Jayne hadnt gone off with tommy at 7, Id have lived happily ever after with her.  What if I had studied at school, what if I had goen travelling, what if my parents hadn't split up.  

Life deals you a hand and you have to accept that.  

This board have inherited problems and to be fair have got the club looking much better, ok teh playing squad have let us down big tiem this year and errors have been made but every club has errors, and every business makes mistakes.

You need to wait and see what the council say with the proposals.  Remember there is a local election in may, every councillor is trying to be in the spotlight getting votes, may come they wont give a fuck, we use it at work, never try and pass proposals through for a hostel etc before the elections but wiat till after and no problem.

Just get off their backs.
Ironside

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 11:14:08 »

Quote from: "Asher"
If I bought the club id want it to fund itself not me keep pumping money in.  The board are doing well and unless you guys on here want to put your money where your mouth is I would recommend shutting the fuck up.  If the board leave who is going to take over? the trust? lets face it they have raised around 20k I believe in 2 years towards a player fund.  say they times this by 10 they would have 200k a year to run a club that is losing 750 a year.  Thats not a dig at the trust byt lets face it the dircetors are keeping us going at the moment.  Get off their backs

Bollocks

I'll get off their back when the folowing happens:

1) We stay in L1
2) They drop their pie in the sky stadium plans
3) They make sure there is enough money to ensure our NEW MANAGER has the funding to ensure we are not involved in another relegation battle next year

Anything less is unacceptable.

Oh and Simon,  your a patronising cunt just like Johnny Doyle.

Asher

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 11:17:19 »

Are you stupid? The club doesnt generate enough money to compete, as it is, we need the stadium to get revenue from concerts, conferencing etc, do you think without this they should pump millions in each year.  Fucking hell you must love playing champ manager or something cos you are trying to live the dream.

People like you would make me think twice about investing hard earned money in the club.

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 11:17:44 »

So do you think that dropping ticket prices to £15 would generate more revenue for example? How much more people would come along to watch a 'shit product' if the price was cheaper? Let's face it, only the regulars go along these days.

not now as the mistake has already been made, the slump we are in will keep stay aways from returning.
the ticket prices should never had been so greatly increased in the first place,it was only ok for a while as we had a decent season on the pitch in the play off year.the product was of better quality then
Asher

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2006, 11:18:15 »

AND BY TEH WAY WERE STILL IN LEAGUE ONE FOR FUCKS SAKE.  WERE NOT DOWN YET SO GET BEHIND TEH TEAM, LIKE IT OR NOT ID RATHER GO DOWN SUPPORTING THE TEAM THAN GIVE UP IN MARCH!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: