Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: people make up your minds  (Read 11150 times)

Ignore
« on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 19:17:22 »

the board can shove their stupid, unrealistic stadium plans up their arses.
cant people see what these morons are doing to our club?
scaremongering supporters about folding unless we get a new ground etc is a load of shit.
the fans of stfc have been shit on time and time again,the fools that believe everything devlin says are the type the board love,blinded by loyalty.
i would ask every supporter of swindon town to think for themselves.
look at the facts and compare us to other clubs.
personally there are too many questions that aint been answered.
these are some of mine!

1.do the board have the interests of stfc as their main priority?
2.why are we charged ridiculous prices for sub standard football?
3.where are the new proposed locations of the athletics and cricket clubs?
4.why is a 15500 stadium not good enough for us?
5.why were decent contracts not offered to last seasons squad?
6.how much does devlin earn?
i could go on and on but the above is more than enough for me.
STFC Village

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 19:21:15 »

I'm fairly sure all of those have been answered, except 6, which is a bit personal ain't it? PM him if your curious, he might tell you
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 19:21:36 »

basically the stadium question is simple, i know we cant even fill our current stadium but its what can go with the new stadium i.e hotel and what not.

basically they've seen what Reading have done and think they can do the same, but we cant cos we have cunts running our club not willing to put money in ie Carson u squeeky little fucking cunt wank pricking shit face
STFC Village

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 19:24:07 »

Quote from: "SwindonTownFC"
not willing to put money in ie Carson
It wouldn't be funded by the members of the board anyway.
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 19:25:41 »

i wasnt talkin bout just stadium, the whole club in general
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 19:25:46 »

Quote from: "arriba"
the board can shove their stupid, unrealistic stadium plans up their arses.
cant people see what these morons are doing to our club?
scaremongering supporters about folding unless we get a new ground etc is a load of shit.
the fans of stfc have been shit on time and time again,the fools that believe everything devlin says are the type the board love,blinded by loyalty.
i would ask every supporter of swindon town to think for themselves.
look at the facts and compare us to other clubs.
personally there are too many questions that aint been answered.
these are some of mine!

i could go on and on but the above is more than enough for me.

i agree with that and i would like some answers to them questions also
STFC Village

« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 19:39:13 »

1. Don't be so fucking stupid.
2. Because that's what they have to charge to make ends meet. Dropping prices wouldn't bring back enough fans to balance the money we would have lost, by dropping the prices in the first place. If that makes any sense?
3. I have no idea.
4. It's not about the size of the stadium, it's about ownership of the stadium. As we don't own it, we pay rent to the council. This is crippling us financially. A stadium of our own would create extra revenue, unrelated to football (hotel, gym, cinema etc etc etc)
5. By decent, i assume you mean long term? Simple, we haven't got enough money to guarantee big wages (or even medium sized wages) over a long period of time (ie beyond a year)
6. Ask him

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 19:47:35 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
2. Because that's what they have to charge to make ends meet. Dropping prices wouldn't bring back enough fans to balance the money we would have lost, by dropping the prices in the first place. If that makes any sense?
3. I have no idea.
4. It's not about the size of the stadium, it's about ownership of the stadium. As we don't own it, we pay rent to the council. This is crippling us financially. A stadium of our own would create extra revenue, unrelated to football (hotel, gym, cinema etc etc etc)
5. By decent, i assume you mean long term? Simple, we haven't got enough money to guarantee big wages (or even medium sized wages) over a long period of time (ie beyond a year)
6. Ask him

i would say you are the stupid one.
correct me if i am wrong but i thought the new plans for the stadium would still keep the council as owners.
and why is question1 so fucking stupid?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 19:49:50 »

question one isnt Arriba! they just dont care!
STFC Village

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 19:53:58 »

Yeah, that's absolutely right, the board are desperate for us to go under. In fact, they have been planning a celebratory meal for when the bell tolls. Horse burgers and champagne all round
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 20:14:47 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
3. I have no idea.
6. Ask him

i would say you are the stupid one.
correct me if i am wrong but i thought the new plans for the stadium would still keep the council as owners.
and why is question1 so fucking stupid?

You don't need to start a new line after every sentence....

We have a right to be angry, but your anger is misplaced.  Sir Mark Devlin earns four magic beans a week....  I for one think he does a good job for the club and was delighted hearing he was coming back after sodding off to QPR.  I met him at the playoff semi final after a ticketting ballsup and he did seem to genuinely have the fan's best interest at heart.

However, as he posts on here, and I don't want to suck up, he's a cunt.  
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 20:54:13 »

Yes, yes they do

We have to in order to make ends meet, if ticket prices were lowered that would mean less income, which would mean more budget cuts else where (ie players wages) and youd moan that we werent investing enough in the squad, so the club cant win. Plus if you look around yes our prices are expensive but alot of clubs charge similar amounts. Only 4 clubs I've been to this season have charged less than £15 for an adult ticket, all 4 of these were terraces (3 uncovered)

No offence but this is something alot of us know nothing about. The Cricket club cant be moved for various reasons. Firstly you cant just create a cricket pitch its takes at least two years to bed in properly. The land is classed as open space and thus, if the cricket ground is re-located the land has to stay as open space otherwise the central ward will go under its quota of green space. There is no chance in hell of houses being built there. The Athletics track will stay where it is, and most likely been re-done to add a full 8 lanes as it currently only has 6.

Its nothing to do with the size of the ground, rather what it contains. All the ground generates is match day revenue, where as all these new grounds have conference facilitys and what not that bring in extra revenue which means the club is more financially stable...and thus can start turning a profit then re-investing in the club. Before money can go into improving the on pitch team it needs to be generated via extra income generated by the new stadium. Purely as a football stadium the CG is alright, from a business point of view it doesnt bring in enough cash

Because they werent very good? maybe King only wanted to offer them one year at a time. As far as I am aware there is no proof that the one year offers were down to the board and not Andy King. However one year or two years, the greedy bastards would have jumped at a chance for more money. The likes of Igoe, Howard, G.Smith etc stayed here for two years anyway and would have gone in the summer.

Alot less than you think he does, and I expect he works alot harder to

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 22:40:03 »

dv85 most of your above post is complete rubbish.mainly it is your opinion with no evidence to back it up and alot of it is not true.
i suggest you do some fact finding before posting such inaccurate drivel.
take your cricket and athletics club comments,the whole stadium redevelopment plan will have huge effects on both of them! the whole project would be funded by the sites redevelopment!

frankly you dont have a clue what you are on about
Asher

« Reply #13 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 22:53:18 »

Arriba id agree with all of what dv has said, you come on here slatting the board but could you do anything better?

Pewrsonally I was thrilled to see Mark Devlin back at teh club.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 22:57:22 »

Very sensible and accurate post DV. Arriba, if I were you I'd listen to DV because despite being a pessimist most of the time he knows his stuff. I always see him at the trust meetings.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: