Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: James Milner  (Read 1996 times)
SwindonTownFC

« on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 15:48:40 »

apparently wanted by Chelsea & Man Utd
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 15:55:24 »

Not srupriding really. Although it would be best for him not to go to Chelsea. SWP is a better player than Milner and HE can't get in the team.

ManUre wouldn't be a bad move for him though. Depends how strong his Leeds roots are though.
SwindonTownFC

« Reply #2 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 15:57:32 »

very strong, but so were alan smiths
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 15:58:50 »

Quote from: "SwindonTownFC"
very strong, but so were alan smiths
I know. It depends how much he think it will enhance his career at the end of the day. Smith's options were ManUre or the Championship. Milner isn't in quite the same boat
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 16:02:58 »

That's not really true about Shaun Wright-Phillips, he's played in 32 games for Chelsea so far this season and he's starting today.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 16:06:03 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
That's not really true about Shaun Wright-Phillips, he's played in 32 games for Chelsea so far this season and he's starting today.
He has? My mistake
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 16:14:14 »

Yeah, a lot of them were substitute appearances but this is the 14th game he's started, I think the papers like to make out he's  being ignored just to get a story. When you add in all the international games he's played in he should be totally match fit for the world cup.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 16:26:35 »

Im not saying he won't be fit. He must have been playing football all this time and he looked quick enough in the recent friendly.

I still would rather have Beckham though.
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 16:31:02 »

Well he's (SWP) managed to last a good 26 minutes before being substituted...

And as for James Milner, I think he's been a good Premiership player and at a big club could be nurtured into a very, very good player. Not sure he's at that level yet though. Think how good the other young players not getting into those sides are.  Although Fletcher still gets games so maybe that's not quite right....

never trust a nun...
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 16:41:38 »

What's the game like, as I see Fulham are 1-0 up at the moment?
timmyg

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 16:46:27 »

Fulham have had the only opportunities, one a goal and the other straight at Cech. John Terry continues his immunitie to be punished by referees in the first 5 mins when he brought down Volz in the area but no pen given. Voltz made a meal of it to be fair, but it was a penalty in my book.

Mourinho looks like he's just got in after a night on the town and when Fulham scored he decided to change it up and took of the 2 England internationals Cole and SWP for Drogba and Duff.

He's ripping the heart out of the english game the way he's replacing English players with foreigners...     Shocked

Chelsea are getting a bit pissy with Fulham who aren't letting them score, though Duff had a cracking shot well saved. Just coming up to half time.

never trust a nun...
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, March 19, 2006, 16:47:44 »

Cheers for that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: