Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iffy.  (Read 6008 times)
gobby

« on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 13:41:56 »

so is he gonna be the manager to save us from conference league football?i dont think so.out of contract players going walkies.gates gonna fall to less than 3000 but the council will still want their sky high rent.time for a player/manager.high profile enough to pull in the crowds and capable of inspiering a team with no confidence. Wink
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 13:44:17 »

conference football? i think you're getting ahead of yourself a bit.

if we could afford a player/manger with a high enough profile to achieve what you're suggesting, we wouldn't have appointed iffy.
gobby

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 13:57:38 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"

if we could afford a player/manger with a high enough profile to achieve what you're suggesting, we wouldn't have appointed iffy.
thats bollocks.if reeves hadn,t had a broken leg he would be manager now!think back to our last good run.who was doing a tv program and advising iffy?our financial situation is no different now than when we appointed hoddle,ardieles,mcmahn.so dont give me that old shit thah we,re more broke now than ever before.we have a lazy board that is is more interested in fucking pop concerts than selling itself as a football club with a future.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 13:59:40 »

Quote from: "gobby"

thats bollocks.if reeves hadn,t had a broken leg he would be manager now!think back to our last good run.who was doing a tv program and advising iffy?our financial situation is no different now than when we appointed hoddle,ardieles,mcmahn.so dont give me that old shit thah we,re more broke now than ever before.we have a lazy board that is is more interested in fucking pop concerts than selling itself as a football club with a future.

I'd deign this with a reply if I thought you had any intelligence to understand it but you obviously don't so I won't bother.
gobby

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 14:02:25 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"

I'd deign this with a reply if I thought you had any intelligence to understand it but you obviously don't so I won't bother.
no.you,d reply if u had an oppinion.dick head :fu:
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 14:02:50 »

reeves doesn't have a high enough profile to pull big crowds and by his own admission his playing career had been winding down for the last couple of years.

we didn't pay a single penny to bring in big ron, the tv company approached us and offered us money for the privilege of filming the day-to-day running of the club overall.

if you don't think we're skint, you're clearly insane.
STFC Village

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 14:04:40 »

if reeves hadn,t had a broken leg he would be manager now!
Not necessarily true, but likely

think back to our last good run.who was doing a tv program and advising iffy?
Iffy ended it, as it wasn't working, and he wasn't get much advice from Big Ron

our financial situation is no different now than when we appointed hoddle,ardieles,mcmahn.
Bollocks

so dont give me that old shit thah we,re more broke now than ever before.we have a lazy board that is is more interested in fucking pop concerts than selling itself as a football club with a future.
We have plenty of pre-season friendlies set-up, mostly away from the CG. The club will make several times more money from a Bryan Adams concert than a pre-season friendly
gobby

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 14:12:07 »

not saying reeves should be manager.wot i,m saying is thats how easy it could have been.the board wanted a cheap replacment for king and now look at the shit we,re in.conference football aint far away.we cant even see off yeovil who have just come up so dont think we,re gonna have an easy time in l2.its a shit league to get out of.
Spud

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 14:18:09 »

And who could we have afford to take over as manager?.  :-))(
gobby

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 14:20:34 »

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"
u got any ideas?
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 14:24:46 »

fuck sake gobby, you spout some shit.

are you DV in disguise Yes  :wanker:

Sussex

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 14:26:29 »

Capital letters and spaces? Knob.
gobby

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 14:29:10 »

u got any ideas?
anyone whos followed swindon for years would know that we have always been a financial nightmare.we dont own our own ground so have never had a heap of cash.but we have had boards that knew how to generate interest and were able to promote stfc as a club of interest.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 14:30:12 »

how do you promote stfc as a club of interest when we're shite and nearly bottom of league one?

furthermore, how do you attract an up and coming player/manager when we're skint and have very little prospects?
Spud

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, March 18, 2006, 14:37:01 »

u got any ideas?

Jose Mourinho.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: