Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Premiership fans vs us  (Read 3513 times)
Asher

« on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 10:56:35 »

Havinga  debate with a man utd fan and liverpool fan, fair play the man u bloke goes to most games - proper fan in my eyes and claims to have gone since 1987

Liverpool fan says the fan who buys a shirt and watches a match is the same type of fan as one that goes every game.

I totally disagree

Your thoughts?
my-velocity

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:04:09 »

I disagree with that too, it shows the person just buying the shirts is just following a team and not supporting it. Going to a match shows that you are passionate about the club and go and support it as much as you can, even if you go to a few matches a season your still a fan.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:08:04 »

I hate premiership fans full stop  :evil:  Most of the people I know that support a premiership team

1) go to one or less games a year, then only maybe a cup game to a local smaller club
2) Go down the pub to watch games but end up playing pool or fruit machine and don't even see their team have scored.
3) the only things they know about their team is what they have read on teletext.
4) haven't bought a shirt for years
5)mock me because I support swindon when I clearly understand more about football in general than they know about their own team.

Rant over  :evil:
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:10:26 »

Had a debate down the pub the other night with a Man Utd fan and some guy who don't follow football. He could'nt understand why you could not just  support Man Utd when you live in Slough. Tried to explain it glory supporting and you should support your home team or your family team not just the best team.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:14:16 »

I have been bought up in a family of Villa/Swindon fans but was taught to appreciate all football, but I get put off premiershit by these people
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:16:27 »

About the LFC fan:When you say watching a match I assume you mean on TV?

You can be passionate about a team you never see live. But it really isn't the same thing as being a fan that actually goes to a game. For me it is the sense of knowing "I was there when...", and also knowing that the club benerfits from my input be it vocal, financial or any other way. And knowing I did all I could to help my team win. I may not have made the difference, but I couldn't have done any more.
McLovin

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:19:32 »

It saddened me in Walkabout the other day when it was full of ManUre and 'pool shirts for the cup game. I didn't hear one northern accent all afternoon, and then wandered off to the County G fro some proper football. I xouldn't live on televised football to follow a team, it's wrong.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:21:08 »

Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
It saddened me in Walkabout the other day when it was full of ManUre and 'pool shirts for the cup game. I didn't hear one northern accent all afternoon, and then wandered off to the County G fro some proper football. I xouldn't live on televised football to follow a team, it's wrong.

They probably spend more in the pub than paying for a ticket to watch swindon aswell.
Asher

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 11:32:03 »

Brilliant they claim I think that spending money on my team makes me no less afan than someone who watches man u on the tv each week who has never been to old trafford! This is brilliant.

Ive been to old trafford more than some of these people I am arguing with and I hate Man u, quality they cannot win
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 12:06:30 »

How can you love and have passion for a team when you only go and watch them once a season ?  :|  Its not possible. Like most people on this forum, I go to most matches and have done so for a long time and will do even when I'm older and have little sadieos. I like to call myself a supporter rather than a fan.

I have no time for part time premiershit fans I'm afraid. Infact I have no time for the premiershit full stop! Used to watch it all the time but stopped lately. It showed last night when I said about Forlan still playing for man- u.

If theres a person who goes to all games, I have alot of respect for them even premiership fans. I know loads of southampton fans with season tickets and fair play to them.

RED ARMY
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 12:15:05 »

Of course we're better than them :-))( ,albeit a little bit more insane Wink Even if they go to all the games we are still better than them,they will never have to worry about going bust or going down,they will never suffer or feel any real pain.'Oh no disaster,we've gone out of the Champions league,however we will cope' My heart bleeds,the poor lambs,it must be so hard.They should try following Torquay or Rotherham,its easy to follow a big club.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 12:17:22 »

Easy Easy Easy!! \0/  /0\  \0/  /0\

I think supporting a premiership club would be boring. Its like my mates keep saying to me 'oh I bet you wished you supported reading right now'. Like fuck would I. Winning every weekend must be so boring. When your winning to escape relegation its much more exciting.

RED ARMY
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 12:19:26 »

How can these so called "fans" gleen anything from supporting Glory clubs? they cant understand passion ,its about supporting a club through the good times and the bad,i couldnt get excited about following Chelsea knowing that they were going to walk the league every season , Supporting Swindon is a rollercoaster ride every year and i wouldnt change it for a thing .

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 12:22:33 »

I dont think any Prem fans would have been like we were last saturday.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, March 2, 2006, 12:27:38 »

The good thing is, is that supporting a premiership team is not 'fashionable' anymore. Slowly more and more people are realising the way that football is changing. It all about the money these days and plastic fans and plastic grounds. The real football and the real supporters are mostly found in the lower leagues where everything is pretty much the way old fashioned football is meant to be, fact.

RED ARMY
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: