Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Could we be playing at Ibrox next season?  (Read 8393 times)
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 08:23:08 »

My wife's home town is just across the water from Greenock...15 minutes on a ferry.  But it's a Rangers town, to all intents & purposes.  Some Celtic fans, a smattering of Morton - but 75%+ Rangers - or, at least, that's how it seems.  So I probably wouldn't have put it as forcefully as Jan, but I do agree with the sentiment that the Old Firm strangehold on Scottish football could do with a shake up...at least for a few years.  I know a number of Rangers fans, including my brother in law.  None of them wankers, and none of them taking this well.
It will be longer than a few years, the 11-1 voting structure will be changed without Rangers there to help Celtic block it.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 08:25:38 »

I do feel sorry for their fans, but that's the way football is.  Fans turn up, pay their money, but have no control.  It means we can enjoy the good times, and it means we have to suffer the bad times.  I completely agree that it's not the fans' fault - however, you cannot punish the club without the fans being unhappy, and you cannot let the club get away with this.  Unfortunately on this occasion the fans will have to suffer, and yes, I do appreciate that we've been through similar times.

Not a view point you would have heard in relation to our own situation in 1990, though.  In fact, the most vociferous argument made by our supporters and backers back in 1990 was that the sanction (of relegation) unfairly punished the supporters who had no direct part in the financial irregularities that were uncovered.  Many were arguing for an alternative punishment that targetted the board and other individuals directly involved.

So as a fanbase, we have to be very careful about double standards on an issue like this.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 15:38:46 »

Why not let them buy Franchise and move them to Glasgow (as MK Rangers)? Who could possibly object to that (with any credibility)? Smiley
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 15:45:55 »

In fact, the most vociferous argument made by our supporters and backers back in 1990 was that the sanction (of relegation) unfairly punished the supporters who had no direct part in the financial irregularities that were uncovered.  Many were arguing for an alternative punishment that targetted the board and other individuals directly involved.

In hindsight, our promotions up the leagues was in part due to those financial irregularities so surely the fair penalty was relegation. Sure the supporters weren't to blame but I'm not sure they suffer when the penalty balances things up.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 15:56:49 »

Why not let them buy Franchise and move them to Glasgow (as MK Rangers)? Who could possibly object to that (with any credibility)? Smiley

THink this would only work if Dongs bought Rangers.... and played in the Scottish leagues. The proximity to Corby should provide a crowd sufficient for the land of sweat.
kerry red

« Reply #50 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 17:56:49 »

It would have to be Franchise Rangers - slips off the tongue.

There sure is a large sweaties contingent in Corby - cant move for tam 'o' shanters
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 18:01:41 »

Cant the just buy oxford
kerry red

« Reply #52 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 18:08:45 »

Cos Kassam would put a service charge on tatties and haggis

See the chosen one has stuffed them for another £300,000 last year - but for that they would have made a 10 grand profit - just enough to pay for Benson for a week
DRS

« Reply #53 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 18:48:58 »

This may sound harsh but i couldn't give a shit.To be it's a different country and a different league.I care as much about Rangers as much as i care about some team in japan.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 19:49:00 »

This may sound harsh but i couldn't give a shit.To be it's a different country and a different league.I care as much about Rangers as much as i care about some team in japan.

Bury is technically in England, even up north still counts. Just not as much.
DRS

« Reply #55 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 19:57:01 »

:-) I'm sure you know what i mean.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 21:19:15 »

Agree with this.

Word

Clems Army!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round