Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Could we be playing at Ibrox next season?  (Read 8430 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #30 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 21:21:24 »

It's not the fans fault.  Roll Eyes
Flashheart

« Reply #31 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 21:25:15 »

Some people need to look at some comments on this very forum about how we don't care about what we are spending and stuff.

Coca Fola

« Reply #32 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 21:26:06 »

It still doesn't rest on our shoulders though, we're not spending the money.
Flashheart

« Reply #33 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 21:28:15 »

It still doesn't rest on our shoulders though, we're not spending the money.

And the Ranger's fans are spending the money?

Have I missed something?
Coca Fola

« Reply #34 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 21:37:41 »

I'm confused...  Huh?
Coca Fola

« Reply #35 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 21:37:59 »

Pericarp save us.
Barry Scott

« Reply #36 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 21:56:39 »

I also think it's unlikely FWIW but I'd be very wary of putting your faith in the football authorities. They don't have a strong track record when it comes to demonstrating an ability to learn from their mistakes. What they tend to do is assume that "now the fuss has all died down" no-one will mind so much next time. Never underestimate the capacity of a national (or especially international) football administrator to be quite staggeringly wrong and on multiple occasions in multiple ways.

I realised the error upon reading your post. As a cynical fucker, I'm actually quite surprised at the level of trust I placed in what amounts to a corrupt group on blood suckers only interested in making more money. Smiley
Baggins

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Thursday, June 21, 2012, 22:16:38 »

I do feel sorry for their fans, but that's the way football is.  Fans turn up, pay their money, but have no control.  It means we can enjoy the good times, and it means we have to suffer the bad times.  I completely agree that it's not the fans' fault - however, you cannot punish the club without the fans being unhappy, and you cannot let the club get away with this.  Unfortunately on this occasion the fans will have to suffer, and yes, I do appreciate that we've been through similar times.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 06:35:56 »

Some people need to look at some comments on this very forum about how we don't care about what we are spending and stuff.

Some people may do, but to me if Town spend money we haven't got, and we end up doing a Pompey we should be relegated, as we're effectively cheating, whilst other clubs live within their means.

Rangers have been financially cheating, I believe the quote which the hun supporters loved was 'for every pound Celtic spend in the transfer market, we'll spend three'. They lapped it up, and now we know how they tried to balance the books, but not paying tax.

Other SPL teams have been more money savvie and have missed out on cup final appearances and the related income, whilst Rangers have poached their best players for a pittance.

The Rangers Football Club and Swindon Town's previous issues are unrelated as far as I'm concerned, you only have to look at the sums involved in both cases to work that one out.
Flashheart

« Reply #39 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 06:41:43 »

Ah, right. So, 'it's different' then.

Never mind. Don't want to be getting on my high horse by having the temerity to disagree now do I.  Roll Eyes Seems to be a touchy subject after all.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 06:43:35 »

Are we really laughing at what is happening to Rangers?

No doubt the board and individuals involved will walk scott free while the fans that have done bugger all wrong will suffer. I thought Swindon fans would have known better considering what we have been through.
Tee Hee !  (assuming you meant scot-free)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 06:46:14 »

Not a touchy subject at all. We just have different opinions on the subject, no problem there.

I honestly do see Town's woes and Rangers' as completely different. However history helps here to, as the treatment of Spurs just goes to show our punishment was way over the top.

Look at the sum of money involved, Rangers were robbing the tax man of millions of pounds, compare that to the income of the other SPL sides and that's why Rangers shouldn't be allowed in the SPL next season.

And the high horse comment was just a reference to your comment which came across as a bit holier than thou 'let's not laugh at them, we're Swindon fans and should know how they feel'.   

As Hale and Pace would say 'Pope's penis' (no hard feelings).
Barry Scott

« Reply #42 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 07:07:22 »

For the record I don't bracket Rangers with the smaller English clubs who struggle, which is when I "think of the fans". Rangers are a big club, with a huge fanbase and play European football. They also play in another country.

Therefore, in my opinion, it is not that much different than Real Valladolid going out of business. It won't affect me or my team and I actually want to see them disappear or have major struggles simply for shits and giggles. Plus, if you're stupid enough to sell to a clown like White and spend like a proper club in a proper league, then, well, just deserts innit.
Joycie

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 07:46:29 »

[url width=270 height=265]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v325/nodularity/giant_elaine792.gif[/url]

Massive changes to come in the SPL. Celtic won't be happy about all this.

Fuck the fans. They're happy to watch their team rake the money in and watch our clubs suffer. Having the power is absolutely glorious.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Friday, June 22, 2012, 08:20:14 »

The fans have done fuck all wrong apart from be the biggest glory hunting wankers out there. Thousands of bastards turning their back on their local sides to follow Celtic or Rangers, and therefore create the ugly sister domination that's ruined the game up there.

Fuck 'em, half the Rangers fans are suddenly giving up on their 'beloved' team. Good luck to the decent football clubs they play next season, be great if they don't get it all their own way.

My wife's home town is just across the water from Greenock...15 minutes on a ferry.  But it's a Rangers town, to all intents & purposes.  Some Celtic fans, a smattering of Morton - but 75%+ Rangers - or, at least, that's how it seems.  So I probably wouldn't have put it as forcefully as Jan, but I do agree with the sentiment that the Old Firm strangehold on Scottish football could do with a shake up...at least for a few years.  I know a number of Rangers fans, including my brother in law.  None of them wankers, and none of them taking this well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: