Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The unofficial official Super Swindon Town v Preston North End Wembley Thread  (Read 49938 times)
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:22:01 »

Well that was fun.

Hopefully we start afresh next season with a new manager and players. The only one I want to see back here is Louis T. and that's not going to happen. And Mr Power, defending is an important part of football as well as pretty football.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:26:42 »

Well we didn't turn up and played like a bunch of cunts
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:30:25 »

I went with the wife and kids and the excitement on their face was amazing to see. Walking up Wembley Way with the Town fans in good voice and seeing old friends was just brilliant.

The game was shit as we know and my son was upset as the goals went. When we got back to the car at Wimbledon he came to me gave me a hug and thanked me for taking him. Poor lad, I've subjected him to a lifetime of misery and he still thanked me.

Mid table mediocrity next year.

sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:33:28 »

Oh well, that sucked.
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:42:19 »

The STFC mosiac sign at the start of the game was the highlight, the rest was like a nightmare.......... 1. had the misfortune to sit behind the goal with relentless negative chanting around me about "plastic fans" to anyone who wasn'nt singing etc, this is destructive, doesnt help the team or encourage casual fans to come back. 2. Team not turning up and bottling another wembley final 3. Cooper tactics were wrong should have gone 4-4-2 after our continuing defensive fralities. 4 Beaten by a better team but we didn't do ourselves justice today. 5. Need to rethink defensive strategy next season, get more bite in the team to sit alongside passing game.

ewsham Robin
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:45:18 »

I went with the wife and kids and the excitement on their face was amazing to see. Walking up Wembley Way with the Town fans in good voice and seeing old friends was just brilliant.

The game was shit as we know and my son was upset as the goals went. When we got back to the car at Wimbledon he came to me gave me a hug and thanked me for taking him. Poor lad, I've subjected him to a lifetime of misery and he still thanked me.

You tell him to be proud.
Same with my two lads.......what have we done ?
We go again and keep believing.
Great to see Lee Peacock coat as well.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 21:52:45 »

I'll take that now!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:03:39 »

You tell him to be proud.
Same with my two lads.......what have we done ?
We go again and keep believing.
Great to see Lee Peacock coat as well.

I saw Peacock as well and the kids had their photo taken with him.

Met some decent Chelski fans on the tube on the way home, they sad that they were surprised we lost and were really nice to the kids, telling them they had to experience the lows to appreciate the highs.

Funnily enough they were adamant that it was the arrival of Hoddle that kicked started their club and which led to their recent success. It felt rude not to point out that a certain Russsian's millions also helped.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:05:58 »

Saw peaks too, that's some beard  Smiley
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:16:01 »

Don't tell Sir windon
[/quote
Wouldn't matter if they gave the tickets away, your wife wouldn't let you go anyway!
Enjoy the culinary delights that await you.  Eat
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:20:53 »

That was shite. No excuses for not turning up. Well not for the fans that have paid their money all season anyway. To be treated to that was awful. Cooper can fuck off when he says it just wasn't our day. It was beyond not being our day. Every town fan that made the effort deserves a proper explanation for that shambles. I imagine we won't get one though.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:27:17 by Iffy's Onion Bhaji » Logged
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:24:51 »

Well that was fun.

Hopefully we start afresh next season with a new manager and players. The only one I want to see back here is Louis T. and that's not going to happen. And Mr Power, defending is an important part of football as well as pretty football.

What part of today was pretty? None. Shambles from the off. I'd take hoofball if it means results and promotion. They were nothing special.
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:27:37 by Iffy's Onion Bhaji » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:29:22 »

I'm gutted.
I hate to say it but it looked like I was watching 11 players that knew they weren't going to be at Swindon next season. I don't think one player comes out with any credit.
Starting Nathan Thompson was fucking ridiculous, and no one except Cooper can take the blame for that.
I can accept losing, we get used to it supporting Swindon, but all we ask for is a bit of fight and commitment, we didn't get any of that in a fucking play off final. As good as this side has been at times this season, that was one of the worst performances I've seen from a Swindon side in a long time.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:31:06 »

It wasn't that it was a bad performance that fucked me off, I was watching a team that didn't seem to give a flying fuck about what was going on.

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, May 24, 2015, 22:36:28 »

I think you are right Quagmire. It did look like a side of players already knowing they were off to another club.

I don't buy this Preston are a long ball side or dirty etc. Just look at the fouls our side have committed recently. Preston were just better. Better shape, discipline, and the best player on the park in beckford who was different class. They allowed us possession as they kept their shape and refused to be broken down. Good side,well drilled.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: