Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The unofficial official Super Swindon Town v Preston North End Wembley Thread  (Read 48965 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #255 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 15:14:32 »

To be fair - and not wishing to in any way support the lady after what she did - the clapping was for all fans who had died or for reasons of illness or incapacity were unable to attend the Final.
That was only added afterwards the original request from PNE was a show support for this cretin
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 15:27:29 »

Relegate them I say.

Agreed, with this and shirtgate a nasty cloud of negativity has descended across their achievement, and it can only be cleared by replaying the whole game.

Hang, I've just remembered who is left in our squad, I'm not prepared to pay £45 quid to watch a still injured Nathan Thompson and Rosi Branco try to hold back the Preston tides while our 8 strikers crowd round their box,  futilely wondering if the ball might come down that way at some point

They can keep their promotion
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 16:06:11 »

I'm lost for words.  If somebody initially misunderstood it was cancer, you would correct them not allow it to spiral out of control. 

She's insulted everyone who is genuinely fighting the disease and deserves any abuse she gets.

The camera panned in on her when the clapping was going on and she was crying.  Tears of shame?  I somehow doubt it.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 16:33:58 »

I stand corrected.  I'm not sure I like this ever-increasing 'mark of respect' or whatever, anyway, but this kind of action undermines people's natural compassion. However, I also know how difficult it is to stop the train once you have started something going....whether deliberately or not.... We none of us enjoy losing face.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Tuesday, June 2, 2015, 19:37:54 »

We none of us enjoy losing face.
She could do with a new one.
PeakRed

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 06:54:29 »

Well its been a while since that shit day in north london, but then i found this photo that a mate of mine took.....and i remembered just how much i fucking love the Town. Roll on next season COYR

* Wembley STFC.jpg (84.75 KB, 640x640 - viewed 453 times.)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: