Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And it begins  (Read 73900 times)
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #510 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 06:56:25 »

It is BBC Wilts though.
In my experience a more reliable source than the Adver - they certainly get the bigger town related news anyway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #511 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 06:57:08 »

A contract is never just a contract when lawyers get involved. Its a shame its come to this, assuming KMac wants him.

Like you say, presumably a high value contract in a backdrop of cuts..
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #512 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 06:59:58 »

A contract is never just a contract when lawyers get involved. Its a shame its come to this, assuming KMac wants him.

Like you say, presumably a high value contract in a backdrop of cuts..

I misread that last sentance and thought you were being very disparaging about the current under contract players at STFC!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #513 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 07:01:45 »

I misread that last sentance and thought you were being very disparaging about the current under contract players at STFC!

Give it a few months and it may turn into a prophesy Smiley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #514 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 07:11:25 »

I'd suggest having a fan owned back-up, as was being thought of in the past, but a clear offer to help support the current board by the Trust would be a good start.  Making it clear it is not a threat, just a disaster recovery plan.  Even Diamandis and Wills were offered that to start with, they just had some severe hate issues with the fans!

I think if the whole Andrew Black thing doesn't show that the trust really should own a % of the club then nothing will. Pity he didn't hand an amount over when he wanted out.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #515 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 07:12:13 »

If work had been started on fan ownership a couple of years ago, when Black decided to leave it would have been ready and waiting to take over. The time to prepare isn't when the shit hits the fan, it is now.

Though as you say, it needs to be done carefully and to work with rather than against the current owners.

This! (was basically what I wanted to say)
kaufman

« Reply #516 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 07:18:35 »

In my experience a more reliable source than the Adver - they certainly get the bigger town related news anyway.

Agreed
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #517 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 07:46:12 »

I cannot see a situation where a contract of employment is conditional on there not being a change of ownership, or any shortfall other reason why the new board aren't obliged by it. All I can assume is that they hope Rooney sticks two fingers up at them and finds a club that wants him. If he pursues it, the club could find itself liable for any shortfall between his earnings elsewhere and what we offered.

We don't know the details. Brilliantly tinpot though.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #518 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 07:49:16 »

I cannot see a situation where a contract of employment is conditional on there not being a change of ownership, or any shortfall other reason why the new board aren't obliged by it. All I can assume is that they hope Rooney sticks two fingers up at them and finds a club that wants him. If he pursues it, the club could find itself liable for any shortfall between his earnings elsewhere and what we offered.

We don't know the details. Brilliantly tinpot though.

I would assume that normal contracts would just be covered by way of TUPE regulations as they have just been transfered to the new co. However I wonder in Rooney's case whether its a question of when the contract comes into effect, i.e. if an agreement to enter contract was signed by old co, does it bind new co?
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #519 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 07:50:10 »

The Adam Rooney deal is a bit confusing, if the paperwork was all in place to make it final and we'd signed it, why didn't it happen in Jan?

This could well be a money issue but on the other hand it could just be that KMac doesn't want him and can get a forward who will give us more options
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #520 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 08:03:18 »

Presumably  AR is currently still employed by Birmingham and the claim from him is that he's been offered employment on agreed terms by STFC upon expiry of his current contract.
If due diligence had been completed properly this would have been sorted prior to the takeover.  May well be a consequence of the "do the quickest deal" attitude that got Jedco the club.  He was prepared to take the risk of such things so must be prepared to deal with the fall-out.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #521 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 08:05:59 »

Apparently good news on its way...

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #522 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 08:10:57 »

Apparently good news on its way...
But will it be schadenfreude?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #523 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 08:13:37 »

I would assume that normal contracts would just be covered by way of TUPE regulations as they have just been transfered to the new co. However I wonder in Rooney's case whether its a question of when the contract comes into effect, i.e. if an agreement to enter contract was signed by old co, does it bind new co?

It was a share sale (as far as I know) so there wouldn't be a TUPE transfer. The new hold co just take  on the liabilities of the existing company. With no DD of course, they didn't know what those liabilities were.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #524 on: Thursday, May 30, 2013, 08:17:27 »

But will it be schadenfreude?

Pox going bust!??

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: