Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: And it begins  (Read 73866 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 10:12:21 »

and then what?

I'm going to base this on the assumption that the Board, are trying to create a sustainable club, whereby any incoming funds match any outgoing funds, and that their take, however distasteful there is one at all, is fairly based on work done.

Starting in goal, Foderingham will go, no doubt. Think PdC might be interested in him, as Mignolet is likely to be sold. Don't think Bedwell is ready for 1st team football, so we'll sign a veteran keeper, for some reason I can see Steve Mildenhall back here.

N Thompson, may possibly sign, but if there is any truth in the Leeds story he'll go, which would be bonus money..

TAH, I suspect is long term injured, best scenario here is that he has to retire for insurance purposes so frees up a wage.  Ward wil stay, and may possibly be handed a coaching role. Oakley will step up for 1st team action...JMac, will stay, as no-one will take him at the wages we pay. Caddis will go to Brum, and A Rooney will come to us, fees undisclosed.

AMac will definitely depart, leaving a midfield of L Thompson,who will sign and Navarro, who will spend most of the season on the treatment table before departing in the summer. Roberts, will be a decent performer next season, especially in the latter stages when he is looking for a new contract elsewhere. Lee Cox, will get some 1st team action around December, and prove surprisingly popular. L Rooney will bench warm, before a loan spell at Newport County.

James Collins will be sold....Paul Benson will be loaned out...leaving a front combo of Wiliams, Storey who will sign and A Rooney.  The bench will then consist of the kids like Ferguson, Francis and Waldon....the numbers then made up by loans that KMac, who will be staying, can help Power arrange.

Hopefully, the fees accrued for Flint, Foderingham, Collins, and possibly Thompson, should be enough to cover costs for the summer.  We then have a much more manageable wage bill.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 10:14:03 »

Realistically, the over-spending of the previous board is killing us now. Clearly we have a group of players on very good money and now we have to slash this budget, severe cuts need to be made.

The lack of communication is of course a bug-bear but there is a lot of over-reaction based on what the new board may or may not be up to.

Its still too early to tell what is going to happen but the reality is that going from Andrew Black's golden pot of millions to Jed and Co's cash converter model is a massive change.

Interesting times ahead for sure.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 10:18:44 »

I'm going to base this on the assumption that the Board, are trying to create a sustainable club, whereby any incoming funds match any outgoing funds, and that their take, however distasteful there is one at all, is fairly based on work done.

Starting in goal, Foderingham will go, no doubt. Think PdC might be interested in him, as Mignolet is likely to be sold. Don't think Bedwell is ready for 1st team football, so we'll sign a veteran keeper, for some reason I can see Steve Mildenhall back here.

N Thompson, may possibly sign, but if there is any truth in the Leeds story he'll go, which would be bonus money..

TAH, I suspect is long term injured, best scenario here is that he has to retire for insurance purposes so frees up a wage.  Ward wil stay, and may possibly be handed a coaching role. Oakley will step up for 1st team action...JMac, will stay, as no-one will take him at the wages we pay. Caddis will go to Brum, and A Rooney will come to us, fees undisclosed.

AMac will definitely depart, leaving a midfield of L Thompson,who will sign and Navarro, who will spend most of the season on the treatment table before departing in the summer. Roberts, will be a decent performer next season, especially in the latter stages when he is looking for a new contract elsewhere. Lee Cox, will get some 1st team action around December, and prove surprisingly popular. L Rooney will bench warm, before a loan spell at Newport County.

James Collins will be sold....Paul Benson will be loaned out...leaving a front combo of Wiliams, Storey who will sign and A Rooney.  The bench will then consist of the kids like Ferguson, Francis and Waldon....the numbers then made up by loans that KMac, who will be staying, can help Power arrange.

Hopefully, the fees accrued for Flint, Foderingham, Collins, and possibly Thompson, should be enough to cover costs for the summer.  We then have a much more manageable wage bill.

If you hadnt of disclaimed this was assumption/guesswork i'd have thought Dr Chang had hacked your account.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 10:23:58 »

I'm by no means the only one. You should also ask others that are voicing similar opinions to mine. I also know of others that are choosing to be quiet.

Just because I'm not freaking out at unfounded rumour and sensationalist, selective opinion (for want of a better word) doesn't mean I think that all is rosy.

I'm in this camp. Yes, there's some stuff going on that could be explained better/is not exactly what we really want, but there's not actual evidence of half the stuff people are saying other than comments made by a poster on a forum, with no evidence to back them up. When asked for said evidence, poster refuses to give it.

I'm not comfortable with the way the club's going atm, there's a lot of things that could have been done better, but going mental and calling for the board's heads on a pike above the club shop/accusing them of criminal activity is going a bit far.

Their PR is shite, and that's the major place they're going wrong I think. If all this had a slightly rosier spin on it, I don't think there'd be so much hate for the new board. They fucked up their PR at the start and have failed miserably at every opportunity since.

I think the only way they could make it worse now is if they post some pictures of themselves kicking puppies whilst shitting on the Swindon Badge.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 10:34:47 »

I'm by no means the only one. You should also ask others that are voicing similar opinions to mine. I also know of others that are choosing to be quiet.

Just because I'm not freaking out at unfounded rumour and sensationalist, selective opinion (for want of a better word) doesn't mean I think that all is rosy.

So why aren't you taking the middle ground then, instead of vehemently defending them?
Flashheart

« Reply #215 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 10:42:36 »

So why aren't you taking the middle ground then, instead of vehemently defending them?

FFS

I voiced my unease at the Greg Hall fella
It's obvious their PR is atrocious
It's clear that the answers given by Jed leave a lot to be desired
I have made it abundantly clear on numerous occasions that I am not taking their word for anything.
I want to hear from Crouch

I have NEVER vehemently defended the board or individual board members. I have just objected to people going on completely unfounded rumour and being selective in regard to what they choose to react to.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 10:43:50 »

The real annoying thing about all this is the state of the club that Jed & Co inherited. Granted, admin was the only option should they not have stepped in, so for that alone I suppose we should be grateful, but they purchased a club with very little, if any, external debt, a huge rariety for a club of this size in this day & age, therefore obtaining a terrific platform for the club to push on irrespective of whether or not we'd been successful in the P/O's. They then proceeded to come out with bullshit statements such as the budget being similar to the one that Black & co had provided beforehand when reality tells us this is fucking far from the case. I suppose the point I'm trying to make is that a club which 3-4 months ago would have been seen as a unique investment opportunity for an individual/consortium (due to the level of debt involved) has now been cast back to where it was 5-6 years ago!!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 10:58:42 »

Could we realistically get much more than 275k + add ons?

Didn't we pay c£200k for him from non-league??
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 11:24:34 »

If TAH is worth £250k then Flint is worth a lot more.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 11:26:31 »

Didn't we pay c£200k for him from non-league??
£150k from Alfreton who I believe have a sell on clause aswell, not sure what the %ages are though!!

Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 11:43:19 »

If I remember rightly we were in a transfer battle with Colchester for Flint, so £150k may well have been an inflated price to make sure we got him.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 11:52:51 »

If I remember rightly we were in a transfer battle with Colchester for Flint, so £150k may well have been an inflated price to make sure we got him.
Which should ensure that any tribunal fee we get for him should be at least double that considering the fact he'd never played league football before he joined us and has improved hugely since.

random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 11:52:59 »

FFS

I voiced my unease at the Greg Hall fella
It's obvious their PR is atrocious
It's clear that the answers given by Jed leave a lot to be desired
I have made it abundantly clear on numerous occasions that I am not taking their word for anything.
I want to hear from Crouch

I have NEVER vehemently defended the board or individual board members. I have just objected to people going on completely unfounded rumour and being selective in regard to what they choose to react to.

Roooaaarr
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 12:02:01 »

Which should ensure that any tribunal fee we get for him should be at least double that considering the fact he'd never played league football before he joined us and has improved hugely since.

But it won't go to a tribunal, as we have activated the year on his contract and next year he will be 24 so he can go for nothing at that point.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, May 21, 2013, 12:17:40 »

McCormack is refusing to sign a new deal, apparently has the same agent as Flint.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: