Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'Summer' of Cricket thread  (Read 61459 times)
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, July 21, 2012, 18:02:03 »

Now I love watching the cricket and can while away hours but fuck me that was hard work today!

Hope you're right DMR.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, July 21, 2012, 18:31:48 »

Goughie, Irani and others were banging on about this 1st test being easy for England, as 'they'd catch South Africa cold'. Well maybe they did on Day 1 & 2, but SA didn't look too cold today.  Still should be an interest day 4 & 5.

Shame it's only a 3 match series as this could have been a great series, with two top class sides.
DMR

« Reply #122 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 01:16:24 »

Can't blame Surrey for wanting to guarantee 5 days and boost the coffers but what an appalling wicket for a test match. Slow, low featherbed- what's the point? Yes the Saffas will get 700 but over 3 days who cares, game's dead already
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 09:12:17 »

Most test match wickets are like this nowadays. And they wonder why people are losing interest in the longer form of the game.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 10:05:32 »

Yup, 5 of the best fast bowlers in the world (and Tim Bresnan) and we get this. Cheers Surrey.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 17:20:20 »

Can't blame Surrey for wanting to guarantee 5 days and boost the coffers but what an appalling wicket for a test match. Slow, low featherbed- what's the point? Yes the Saffas will get 700 but over 3 days who cares, game's dead already

When you said the game was dead, did you mean an easy win for the Saffas?
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 17:24:26 »

SA showing why they are currently best team in the world
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, July 22, 2012, 18:21:19 »

Glorious afternoon in the sun today at the Cheltenham festival.
This is what an English summer should be like - supping ale and enjoying the cricket.
Just a shame that Glos. weren't close to making it a competitive match!
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 08:06:06 »

When you said the game was dead, did you mean an easy win for the Saffas?

Finn has to come in for the next game.  Just knew the SA quicks would find more than the English quicks did.  Broad/Bresnan/Anderson all to similar.

I expect a result pitch to be prepared for Headingley.  Problem is the SA bowling and batsmen are better than Englands.

I did think though Morne Morkels set up to knock over KP was class.
Bathtime

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 08:38:03 »

South Africa looking good here...I still reckon we are close on skill overall but it will take a HUGE effort to get us out of jail here....something to listen to on a Monday morning....

Bathtime
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 08:40:08 »

reardless of what happens today (over by lunch I reckon), England have a huge psychological problem now...have bowled for 2 1/2 days and only managed two SA wickets...I hope they are frantically looking at videos of how these proteas have lost wieckts in the past....could be a long series.
DMR

« Reply #131 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 09:12:11 »

Fuck me here we go again, 2 bad days and everyone's saying England are useless.

World no 1. End of.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 09:15:12 »

point out the word useless for me dmr, I cant see it?
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 09:23:35 »

Fuck me here we go again, 2 bad days and everyone's saying England are useless.

World no 1. End of.

Not strictly true.  England havent been great in Tests this year really.  Smashed in Dubai, scrapped a draw in Sri Lanka and beat a seriously sub standard West Indies side.

You cant hide the fact that in this game with no movement on offer from the air or from the pitch the 3 seamers morphed into one and looked less than average for the best part of 180 overs.  The SA attack with more variety and more pace found considerably more from the same deck.

Thank god they dont have timeless tests anymore ... Kallis and Amla would have going well into this week.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, July 23, 2012, 09:47:15 »

Not strictly true.  England havent been great in Tests this year really.  Smashed in Dubai, scrapped a draw in Sri Lanka and beat a seriously sub standard West Indies side.

You cant hide the fact that in this game with no movement on offer from the air or from the pitch the 3 seamers morphed into one and looked less than average for the best part of 180 overs.  The SA attack with more variety and more pace found considerably more from the same deck.

Thank god they dont have timeless tests anymore ... Kallis and Amla would have going well into this week.

Think our lot have done well, to get up to number 1, but it looks like they've now come up against a much stronger side....there's no disgrace in that.   But it's not over yet, and we've dug out some draws v the Saffas, with rearguard actions, in the recent past...time to summon up the spirit of Rorke's Drift.

Should this series, follow the pattern of the last 3 days, then I'd have thought Andrew Strauss's position will be under serious consideration.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: