Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'Summer' of Cricket thread  (Read 61444 times)
DMR

« Reply #60 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 09:02:38 »

Ooh I know who you are now
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 09:11:58 »

Ooh I know who you are now

Play cricket yourself DMR?

#VivaKenBarlow!
DMR

« Reply #62 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 09:49:04 »

I captain Devizes 2's mate... I'm the big lump who got 70-odd at your place last game of last season - hello agin skip! Smiley
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 10:53:33 »

I captain Devizes 2's mate... I'm the big lump who got 70-odd at your place last game of last season - hello agin skip! Smiley

Ahhhh yes you did , batted very well but a shame nobody stayed with you to get you to the magic 3 figures!

#VivaKenBarlow!
DMR

« Reply #64 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 12:38:50 »

Story of our team - how's the promised land of Glos/Wilts treating you when you're not up with the 1s?
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 13:00:59 »

Story of our team - how's the promised land of Glos/Wilts treating you when you're not up with the 1s?

I'm 1st team captain now mate, been promoted after being promoted...the 2s are struggling up there a bit played 4 2 losses and 2 call offs, so they need to start winning soon to stop falling behind...how is the Wilts 2XI standard this season?

#VivaKenBarlow!
DMR

« Reply #66 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 13:20:11 »

Congrats mate good stuff. About the same, I'd say about the same, if anything slightly stronger as the Burbage 2's have been flying and Lechalde who everyone whipped have moved out of the league - good luck for the season and if our 1's don't sort themselves out I'll be in there again as a last resort so may see you in a few weeks!
DRS

« Reply #67 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 15:31:54 »

It's taken alot of years and alot of insulting posts but dmr has finally found a forum friend
DMR

« Reply #68 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 15:33:29 »

I'll have you know I was in the original clique as a 16yo pup!
DRS

« Reply #69 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 15:35:48 »

You may say in the clique,sounds more like grooming to me.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 15:43:20 »

It's taken alot of years and alot of insulting posts but dmr has finally found a forum friend

It's been interesting watching DMR grow from being an obnoxious, spotty teen, into an obnoxious twenty something...well interesting might be an exaggeration.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 15:48:11 »

It's been interesting watching DMR grow from being an obnoxious, spotty teen, into an obnoxious twenty something...well interesting might be an exaggeration.

DMR

« Reply #72 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 15:54:33 »

High praise indeed
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 19:55:16 »

Congrats mate good stuff. About the same, I'd say about the same, if anything slightly stronger as the Burbage 2's have been flying and Lechalde who everyone whipped have moved out of the league - good luck for the season and if our 1's don't sort themselves out I'll be in there again as a last resort so may see you in a few weeks!

Yes deffo think the first round see your 1s come to us, so may indeed see you then!

On another note...2-0 series win for England and by 9 wickets!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Monday, May 28, 2012, 20:44:30 »

Selection for Test 3 could be interesting. I know we're all in for consistency but it might be worth 'resting' a few players in order to get the reserves a few games and try people.

Specifically I'd 'rest' Cook, Pietersen, Prior and Broad and play Compton, Bopara/Taylor, Davies and Finn. Mostly because I have a recurring nightmare where Prior breaks his finger on the eve of the first Test of a big series and Davies has to debut against someone who's actually quite good. Similar situation for Cook/Strauss with no obvious backup opener (Carberry is good but I'm not sure if he's able to tour yet?)

The other two are because I think Finn offers more threat against the South Africans than Bresnan (who has done nothing to deserve to be dropped but I'm still nervous he's not going to cut it against the best) and Taylor/Bopara because the way Roach worked over Bairstow yesterday would have had Steyn and Morkel creaming their pants in excitement.

I'm not suggesting that we need to drop all these players by any means, but a dead rubber against a fairly poor team seems the perfect opportunity to see what the next cabs off the rank are made of. I'd like to see Onions in too, but we can't make too many chances.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: