Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood Town Vs Swindon Town: Match Day Thread  (Read 70567 times)
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 17:45:25 »

10 - Andy Williams (10) has scored more away goals in 2014/15 than any other League One player
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 17:46:36 »

A picture in the Daily Mail has the Liverpool Manager at today's match......was it Mr Power he was sitting next to??

Lee Power's hat  Grin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2895508/Liverpool-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-watches-Fleetwood-Town-draw-2-2-against-Swindon.html

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 17:47:56 »

Get in there. Feels like a win. That's a huge point. Anything we pick up this month without Mass and Yas is a bonus in my opinion.

Important point, not so much because it takes us top, but shows battling spirit is still there, when missing 3 key players.

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 17:59:54 »

You can ponder over the missed chances but goals win games and at 2 zip, I thought it might be one of those days.

Showed a lot of belief and balls to drag it back and another five minutes and we could of even won it.

Im happy with that.

It's nice to feel top of the league but better in May!

Sounded like Branco struggled a bit today and I suppose now somebody else will be getting Pen duty?

Clems Army!
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 18:04:15 »

Anything we pick up this month without Mass and Yas is a bonus in my opinion.

Obviously I can see why you say that but if the players adopt that mind-set then we're in the shit.  They need to go out believing we can win every game whatever the starting 11.  Hopefully Swift will help.
Utter Kant

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 18:04:29 »

Funny how Rodgers Jr. made a rare appearance when Daddio was in attendance.

He was the only central midfielder on the bench today tbf
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 18:17:49 »

Just got back. Not sure what to make of that. Fleetwood don't lose many at home so in a sense it's a decent point, but we really should have taken three points today.

First half was same old Swindon really. Dominated the possession, nice passing football from the back, but occasionally a little slow in getting anything going. Swift seemed to slot in very naturally and really did fit with the way we played. My only criticism would be that he is very right-footed. That said, his run into the box for the penalty was fantastic, and he played a lovely through ball with his only left-footed touch of note, only for Toffollo to hit the post. Smith's penalty can only be described as weak, a real waste. He had a pretty poor game all round today.

At half time we were all fairly confident we'd come out and get the goal. But we just fell to pieces, giving the ball away and misplacing passes on a regular basis. Branco had an absolute shocker - I don't think he won a header until the 91st minute, and he was a fault for both of the goals, getting caught out of position and turning slower than the team coach. We got caught twice by the same move and that was that - 2-0 down.

Thannkfully the boys kept plugging away. We weren't creating much but were still getting the ball into good positions, especially in the wide areas. However, Byrne seemed reluctant to take on the full back and balls in from our left were often weak. Eventually we did get one back through a huge slice of luck. Williams capitalised on a defensive error to hit a rather poor shot which looked to be going wide. Thankfully a Fleetwood defender managed to get in the way and it looped into the far corner. Whoever said it didn't take a deflection is incredibly wrong.

Then we kept going forward, plugging away and finally Gladwin seemed to get his crossing boots on. First, a lovely cross to the far post which the defender had to try to head behind from the narrowest angle, sadly he managed it. But then another perfect delivery picked out Thompson who drifted in from the right to knock home from 6 yards.

A special mention to the referee who gave endless petty free kicks and yet refused to use his yellow card. He didn't get any major decisions wrong, but he constantly blew up for nothing challenges, and the game would have flowed much better if he'd controlled it properly.

We're top of the league, but we should win games like this.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 18:22:24 by reeves4england » Logged
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 18:34:14 »

I wad unable to check the score from half time until about 15 mins ago.  My initial reaction.to seeing we'd drawn was disappointment based on the chances we'd had in the first half.  However having read back through the thread and seeing we actually came back from 2 down, I feel rather relieved we got anything.

We shouldn't really have put ourselves in the position of needing to chase the game, but good to see we have the ability to keep going and fight back.

Hopefully Nathan will return for the Coventry game, as sounds like Branco is a bit of a liability at the moment.  Funny how a few weeks ago he or his agent thought he was too good for League 1 football!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 18:43:13 »

lets be fair,Nathan has cost us a few times this season.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
kerry red

« Reply #324 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 18:45:59 »

Really?

Couple of wanky cup games, maybe
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 19:23:34 »

I like the way it doesnt mention his son at all
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 19:30:35 »

I like the way it doesnt mention his son at all

That would require some research and as we are not a Prem team we are of no consequence.

Know your place!
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 19:43:50 »

lets be fair,Nathan has cost us a few times this season.

Haha. Ok, I'm done. I'll call you, show! (That's neant to be a Poker phrase but I'm on my way and haven't got a clue when it comes to card games)
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 20:06:57 »

Just got back. Not sure what to make of that.

Thought this was a very fair summary: can't make up my own mind whether that was two points lost or two points gained in the circumstances. Should have capitalised on first half possession and opportunities but did well to claw it back for a point. Missed Nat T today, Fleetwood were attacking right side of our defence, i.e. Branco, all through the 2nd half; the most complementary I can be is to describe him as a lower league David Luiz, hhhhmmmm.....anyway we keep accumulating points, we're in the mix and top of the league: great position to be in early Jan. p.s. first time I've heard Captain Pugwash theme music played over the tannoy when the home team score.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 20:09:18 »

Captain Pugwash sounds brilliant. At last a team with some imagination for goal music.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: