Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fleetwood Town Vs Swindon Town: Match Day Thread  (Read 69198 times)
Sir Pissalot

« on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 07:07:37 »

Has anyone heard anything of Shaw Rosso lately?  Hope he is OK and that he will soon be back gracing these threads with his unique brand of 'nonsense'. 

In the meantime, I'll be heading north for this one soon.  Looks like it's going to be a wet and windy trip but I'm hopeful that there will be a point or three at the end of it - and maybe a 'Swift' one or two as well.

See some of you cunts there, no doubt.   Smiley
brocklesby red

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 07:24:52 »

Long drive so hopefully rewarded with another good away showing. 2-1 win, Louis and a centre back with the goals
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 07:49:19 »

Setting off in about half an hour. Will take a draw today. Hopefully Luongo and Kasim will not be missed.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 08:37:50 »

Has anyone heard anything of Shaw Rosso lately?  Hope he is OK and that he will soon be back gracing these threads with his unique brand of 'nonsense'. 

I sent him an email a few weeks or so ago and his wife replied saying that he's OK, but ill. By the length of his absence I think it's pretty sure that his illness is more than a cold.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 08:42:44 »

Those heading up, turn back around.... Tails is going and he's not seen us win away in 2 years... Selfish bastard.

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 09:00:58 »

Those heading up, turn back around.... Tails is going and he's not seen us win away in 2 years... Selfish bastard.
FFS...I started to read that and thought it had been called off  Doh

I will go for my usual prediction...

2-0 to us...One each from L1's most generic strike force.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 09:02:31 »

Get well soon, Rosso.  I hope you still read these threads.

My lads are predicting 0-8 and 1-2 scorelines.  The younger one appears, even now, to be the more football savvy.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 09:04:06 »

Last minute decision to drive up to this, will be interesting to see how we cope without Luongo and Kasim.

Would be happy with a point.
PHIL!!!!
Our Resident Emo Kid

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 09:13:11 »

FFS...I started to read that and thought it had been called off  Doh

I will go for my usual prediction...

2-0 to us...One each from L1's most generic strike force.

Haha! I apologise!

Bassett Bulldogs FC - http://bassettbulldogsfc.co.uk/
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 09:17:20 »

Haha! I apologise!
No worries  Wink
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 09:21:29 »

First game of the season for me and possibly closest geographically - amusingly though with public transport i could get most of the way to London in the time the train etc will take to Fleetwood!

Sadly don't hold out much hope for this - my last two games have been Preston away last two seasons and we have been embarrassingly bad both times.

Hoping to snatch a 2-1 win on back of more woeful performing.
Red and Proud

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 09:21:58 »

They were a tough unit to break down at our place. At home they will be expected to be more adventurous so that in itself generate opportunities for us. Going for a straight win at the bookies today. Maybe a little tickle at 0-2 depends how I feel as I walk through the door.
kerry red

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 09:47:13 »

Time to throw away the worry beads cos of no Luongo/Kasim and kick some cod ass.

Another club that has let in very few home goals a la Notts and Walsall, so another thumping away win

0-4, Swift, Williams x 2 and Turnbull

3120 with 621 from the land of the Moonraker
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 10:23:10 »

Very tricky one to call.  Fleetwood's home form (W4 D5 L2) suggests that they tend not to lose much at home while our away form (W7 D2 L2) suggests that we usually win away.  It is winnable, but a draw would not be unexpected either.

Problem with being at our end of the table is that in any game, anything other than a win means you lose ground to others in the race and is, therefore, bad news.

Will be interesting to see whether we sign Jon Swift in time and, if so, whether he plays and, if so, how he plays.  As others have already pointed out, how he fills in in midfield for our absentees this month might well define the season.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 10:25:09 by Ardiles » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 3, 2015, 10:41:06 »

Draw. 1-1

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: