Pages: 1 ... 775 776 777 [778] 779 780 781 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253926 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #11655 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 16:40:18 »

Didn't a local company offer to clean it for free?

Yep, they gave a sponsorship board at the ground (well they do now anyway)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #11656 on: Thursday, March 7, 2024, 17:14:34 »

As per usual it took fans kicking off and an individual approaching the club offering his services for free for anything to get done.

Absolutely embarrassing how little pride the club has in the place and how they continue to do the absolute bare minimum that they can get away with.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #11657 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 12:57:02 »

From Sam Morshead

Fair Game's review of the Swindon Town accounts is earmarked for publication in early April.

To their credit, the club have provided Fair Game with additional financial information not currently in the public domain to enable a fuller commentary of #stfc financial situation.

One wonders whether the Trust were provided this info when they were given a look at the books and the Trust guy resigned pretty much straight away after!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11658 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 13:31:14 »

Good news that there is additional info though.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11659 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 13:52:57 »

From Sam Morshead

One wonders whether the Trust were provided this info when they were given a look at the books and the Trust guy resigned pretty much straight away after!

I'm still a little bit bemused as to why the club need this Fair Game crowd to do all this. The accounts are what, 2 years old now and so in April they are going to come out and tell us what?

The fact of the matter is that as of today we are 18th in league 2 in a crumbling ground with an interim manager, a load of players out of contract, barely any coaching staff, hardly any players under contract next season, a skint chairman, a club seemingly losing money hand over fist etc.

This might seem alarmist, but the whole Fair Game thing, whilst potentially useful, does seem like a bit of a pointless gesture a little bit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11660 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 13:56:29 »

You missed out dwindling crowds.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #11661 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 13:58:12 »

I'm still a little bit bemused as to why the club need this Fair Game crowd to do all this. The accounts are what, 2 years old now and so in April they are going to come out and tell us what?

The fact of the matter is that as of today we are 18th in league 2 in a crumbling ground with an interim manager, a load of players out of contract, barely any coaching staff, hardly any players under contract next season, a skint chairman, a club seemingly losing money hand over fist etc.

This might seem alarmist, but the whole Fair Game thing, whilst potentially useful, does seem like a bit of a pointless gesture a little bit.

It's so they can say "but Fair Game said we have done things right"

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11662 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 13:58:37 »

Indeed. If their conclusion is as close to what we know. A skint basket case. Then the suited and booted duo won’t want to pay too much for the crumbling edifice. So Digger, isn’t going to see much back is he. Especially after doling out the other shareholders %.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11663 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 15:31:28 »

The Fair Game "analysis" is either a publicity stunt or a stunning admission that nobody in the club has a fucking clue how to run a business (because they should have been able to present more detailed financial analysis by now if they could and wanted to).  Before Mancy weighs in, I know they don't have to and I know other clubs don't either.  The entire fucking football industry should be regulated to provide detailed financial analysis though.
« Last Edit: Monday, March 11, 2024, 15:35:30 by RobertT » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11664 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 15:54:17 »

Fair Game's review of the Swindon Town accounts is earmarked for publication in early April.

To their credit, the club have provided Fair Game with additional financial information not currently in the public domain to enable a fuller commentary of #stfc financial situation.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #11665 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 16:04:00 »

There is a parrot in here.  Wink
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #11666 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 16:05:45 »

Pieces of 8.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #11667 on: Monday, March 11, 2024, 16:31:37 »

Pieces of 8.

Is that a cryptic clue as to how many individuals have their sticky fingers in the till?
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #11668 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 12:43:07 »

Yep, they gave a sponsorship board at the ground (well they do now anyway)

I am guessing this isn't the OUFC supporting window cleaning service who have hoardings in and outside our ground. When you realise, it is quite obvious, the logo is reminiscent of the Bull.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #11669 on: Tuesday, March 12, 2024, 12:50:21 »

Which fits in nicely with all the bullshit we’re being fed!

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 775 776 777 [778] 779 780 781 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: