Pages: 1 ... 731 732 733 [734] 735 736 737 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253655 times)
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #10995 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 18:18:41 »

Sad that Chorley leaving was just because of a match day guest.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10996 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 18:19:50 »

Quite!
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #10997 on: Monday, February 5, 2024, 19:06:55 »

A match day guest who various rumours would put as Standings man. (I have no idea if this is true)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #10998 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 07:07:44 »

I’m intrigued to know how Garner has suddenly reappeared to tell his side of the story as to why he left and how he was offered the opportunity to comment on a live Swindon Town Town match as he didn’t exactly leave on great terms. Maybe the plot is thickening😁

….because he’s unemployed and was available for a Saturday lunch time KO
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #10999 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 08:22:03 »

The question really has to be. where did Kiely come from?  Clem probably knows nobody and sounds pretty ill informed whenever he talks about the club.  It's unlikely, in my mind, that he had scoured the backrooms of the football world and identified Kiely as an up and coming Data/Recruitment wizard.  The fact Kiely later ends up owning shares and lending money, would suggest someone else - because he doesn't exactly have the background that leads you to thinking millionaire.  A pretty crap football career, a company that exists to rent out a property and another in horse racing.  He's too young and unknown in that world (relatively speaking) to have made much that way.

My assumption is that everyone connected with the ownership met through horse racing, which is what Lee Power was/is really into.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #11000 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 08:39:14 »

Chorley was a huge loss. I see the Clem Protection Army stating he left to take a new challenge.
He definitely didnt take another job straight away.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #11001 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 09:19:43 »

….because he’s unemployed and was available for a Saturday lunch time KO

Not really hugely different to Anthony Grant, Paul Bodin or Sam Parkin doing co-comms really. From a work perspective, Garner's stock has plummeted since leaving us. I suspect he'll go into coaching rather than being a head coach for a while.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11002 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 09:23:28 »

Chorley was a huge loss. I see the Clem Protection Army stating he left to take a new challenge.
He definitely didnt take another job straight away.

You can make a case that Chorley was the glue that held everything together, especially as that season could have been an absolute shit show and for us to get to the play-offs was a pretty good achievement bearing in mind what happened leading up to the season starting. Him leaving was the catalyst for the downward spiral and not being replaced properly has meant we trundle along in league 2 without any real upward trajectory in site.

Fail to prepare etc etc.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11003 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 09:25:24 »

And if that's the case then you have to ask questions. Who is more important for the football club, someone who has vast experience in the game like Mr Chorley, or someone who seemingly is just there for a bit of morale support. Clem didn't choose very well there did he?

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11004 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 09:31:16 »

Reading between the lines I think we forced Chorley out because whilst he had helped to build a decent L2 football team it didn’t have enough future sellable assets.

It’s clear as day since then we’ve put future profits from sales as our top priority.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #11005 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 09:59:06 »

And if that's the case then you have to ask questions. Who is more important for the football club, someone who has vast experience in the game like Mr Chorley, or someone who seemingly is just there for a bit of morale support. Clem didn't choose very well there did he?
Problem is i don't think he had a choice in who he chose unfortunately. Zav Austin certainly turned against Lee Power and helped Clem get his money back so in that sense i certainly understand why he had to get into bed with him. I do think what has unravelled since has left him regretting it. I genuinely believe any decisions being made at this club are not made by him

Not an excuse and it has royally fucked this club up but unfortunately our fan base will judge on results rather than off field stuff if things go well
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11006 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 10:05:00 »

Problem is i don't think he had a choice in who he chose unfortunately. Zav Austin certainly turned against Lee Power and helped Clem get his money back so in that sense i certainly understand why he had to get into bed with him. I do think what has unravelled since has left him regretting it. I genuinely believe any decisions being made at this club are not made by him

Not an excuse and it has royally fucked this club up but unfortunately our fan base will judge on results rather than off field stuff if things go well

I'm inclined to agree, and so Clem now has to make tough choices in order to get the fan base back onside. Clearing the decks would be a good start, but there is no evidence to suggest that will happen. 

I'm not totally in agreement about the last point, under Lee Power, we very nearly got into the Championship. Whilst doing well does mask things under the bonnet i'm not sure they will get such an easy ride given the recent history. Time will tell however.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #11007 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 11:48:04 »

Accounts should be available in the next 3 weeks.  Contract
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #11008 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 12:45:48 »

Reading between the lines I think we forced Chorley out because whilst he had helped to build a decent L2 football team it didn’t have enough future sellable assets.

It’s clear as day since then we’ve put future profits from sales as our top priority.

We sold McKirdy for good money. Great money in hindsight.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11009 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 12:51:10 »

We sold McKirdy for good money. Great money in hindsight.

True but that was really it from that team.
Plus I don’t think we are likely to see any future money from the McKirdy deal via a sell on clause - like we did with Twine for example.

We want to get players in at 20, sell them by 23 hope they continue upward and get sold on by 26.
Pages: 1 ... 731 732 733 [734] 735 736 737 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: