Pages: 1 ... 713 714 715 [716] 717 718 719 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253725 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #10725 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 17:40:43 »

If only we had a decent local Rugby team to increase revenue!

So, give no fucks
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10726 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 18:03:50 »

To be fair I never did any research on the club sales, just picked 3 relatively unglamorous clubs that have recently changed hands.

I don't think many people would argue that if Clem was to put the club up for sale we wouldn't be an attractive prospect, on paper at least. Not 'officially' being up for sale doesn't mean that there won't be people having a look, I just find the statement 'who would actually buy STFC' a bit mystifying personally.

I would always qualify the who is interested with, who is interested at the price Clem will want.

I'm sure if the club was for sale on the cheap (some one needs to sell), then people would be interested.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10727 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 18:17:21 »

I presume Clem can only sell his 78% share of the club. If the 2 gals want to hang on to their shares they can.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #10728 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 18:26:59 »

There is an unanswered question as to whether Holly Kiely and Mrs Parladorio (and obviously, not their respective husbands, honest) have pre emption rights that mean that Morfuni has to offer shares to them before he can sell to anyone else.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10729 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 18:29:01 »

Which I'm sure they do judging on how Clem totally dodged the question.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10730 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 18:32:57 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey
I presume Clem can only sell his 78% share of the club. If the 2 gals want to hang on to their shares they can.

they can, but what's the point.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10731 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 18:37:25 »

Well, they must be getting something for their money now. Maybe they would want to continue.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10732 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 18:43:29 »

It wouldn't if fans had at least 51%
swindontown2024

Ignore
« Reply #10733 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 19:20:31 »

hi all this is my first post and I am an older fan so please be gentle with me.. I waned to talk about the fact there has been a great deal of talk over the supporters trust and there ability to represent fans recently. I was discussing this with a mate at he weekend and was tempted to apply for a board position in the agm next month myself. I have financial experience and thought i could help them, but after hearing about the current situation at the trust i have decided i don't want to be part of it. My mate said that one of the current board who was secretary (neil hutchinson) quit the role last month and really threw the trust into complete disaray he was the guy responsible apparently for pushing the car crash of the financial review, but he resigned as secretary just before christmas to avoid having to arrange and run the agm for the trust and left the rest of them to pick up the pieces but remains on the board letting everyone else pick up the role he should be doing. My mate says he has been telling everyone that he will be the new trust chairman come the agm. How can someone have the arrogance and behaves in that way have the belief he can actually be the chairman. In my view if this is a representation of how things are with the trust then i dont want to be part of it, my mate also thought he might stand for the board as he has experience of digital media but given the situation with them at the moment and what he described he also felt he didnt want to be associated with that too.  I actually thought i could help them but i dont want to be involved if characters like the ex secretary are the sort of people i would be working with. Has anyone here applied and do they think i should change my mind and apply or have i done the right thing. Welcome opinions.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10734 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 19:28:38 »

I don't know the individual you speak of but I guess one thing is there is a lot of change potentially happening at the Trust

If you can't commit for the reasons you state, maybe take another look next year. Alternatively hopefully someone here has a better insight and can either reassure you or confirm your fears!

Welcome to the TEF
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 20:21:39 by Batch » Logged

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10735 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 19:33:19 »

First and foremost, if you are a passionate fan, realise the need for radical change at the Trust then throw your hat in. I don’t think anyone really has to have a ‘skill’ to offer.

I’ve been a fan for 50+ years - do I know how to run a football club - no, of course not. BUT, after supporting the club over the years I sure as hell know how NOT to run a football club.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10736 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 20:18:48 »

Here’s how to inform your fans on the financial state of your club. Lincoln City’s latest accounts - numbers very similar to ours re attendance and turnover.

https://www.weareimps.com/siteassets/club/2024-policies/lcfc.accounts.website.2023-compressed.pdf
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10737 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 20:26:02 »

Agent fees, hadn't thought of that as a reason our admin costs have shot up.

Though I think these are declared aren't they? So maybe not.

Interesting they are losing 2M a year. Obviously diluting the shares paid for it there
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #10738 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 20:28:50 »

Agent fees, hadn't thought of that as a reason our admin costs have shot up.

Though I think these are declared aren't they? So maybe not.

Interesting they are losing 2M a year. Obviously diluting the shares paid for it there

At least we save money on the act of paying our players agents, Clem just has to walk down the corridor to the on-site agents office..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #10739 on: Wednesday, January 24, 2024, 20:33:42 »

hi all this is my first post and I am an older fan so please be gentle with me.. I waned to talk about the fact there has been a great deal of talk over the supporters trust and there ability to represent fans recently. I was discussing this with a mate at he weekend and was tempted to apply for a board position in the agm next month myself. I have financial experience and thought i could help them, but after hearing about the current situation at the trust i have decided i don't want to be part of it. My mate said that one of the current board who was secretary (neil hutchinson) quit the role last month and really threw the trust into complete disaray he was the guy responsible apparently for pushing the car crash of the financial review, but he resigned as secretary just before christmas to avoid having to arrange and run the agm for the trust and left the rest of them to pick up the pieces but remains on the board letting everyone else pick up the role he should be doing. My mate says he has been telling everyone that he will be the new trust chairman come the agm. How can someone have the arrogance and behaves in that way have the belief he can actually be the chairman. In my view if this is a representation of how things are with the trust then i dont want to be part of it, my mate also thought he might stand for the board as he has experience of digital media but given the situation with them at the moment and what he described he also felt he didnt want to be associated with that too.  I actually thought i could help them but i dont want to be involved if characters like the ex secretary are the sort of people i would be working with. Has anyone here applied and do they think i should change my mind and apply or have i done the right thing. Welcome opinions.

If you want things to change, BE the change.

There is no point in standing on the sidelines and moaning about how it could be done much better.

So yes, apply for a position!
Pages: 1 ... 713 714 715 [716] 717 718 719 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: