Pages: 1 ... 706 707 708 [709] 710 711 712 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253652 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10620 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 15:45:26 »

Loving the article on the adver site which Clem says quite confidently that there will be no points deduction from the non disclosure of share transfer - because the lawyers have told him what will likely happen.

Is this the same lawyers that told him he did not have to disclose the share transfer to the FL - if it is then I would be worried !? 

Almost as if he's talking out of his ass.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10621 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 16:03:49 »

Loving the article on the adver site which Clem says quite confidently that there will be no points deduction from the non disclosure of share transfer - because the lawyers have told him what will likely happen.

Is this the same lawyers that told him he did not have to disclose the share transfer to the FL - if it is then I would be worried !? 

Actually I'm going to stick up for him here. There is no precedent that points deductions fit this "crime".

I'm surprised though its taking so long for the independent panel to dish out the verdict. Hopefully they just meet every third full moon and its not indicitive of something else being linked in.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #10622 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 16:18:46 »

Open & shut case isn't it.

I would be staggered if we got an immediate points deduction.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10623 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 16:27:53 »

Could well be that it highlighted a few other areas of concern, like Zav performing the role of Vice Chair without their approval and Chris Kiely being listed as a Director, in error of course.  I imagine the small matter of the Chelsea payment may have meant people taking a bit of time to ensure everything is separate, not to mention the existing Agent acting as a person of significant interest in the football club case already on the books.

On it's own, the offence is a fine.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #10624 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 17:17:20 »

Actually I'm going to stick up for him here. There is no precedent that points deductions fit this "crime".

I'm surprised though its taking so long for the independent panel to dish out the verdict. Hopefully they just meet every third full moon and its not indicitive of something else being linked in.

Unless they're still investigating something else.

If its Abramovic, etc. then I hope not.

If its criminal characters connected to the club then I live in hope.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10625 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 18:02:06 »

Looking for the right words, but hopefully the new Trust board will be a lot more combative & in the face of the club, while at the same time being a lot more up front with the membership.

Just had the thought, would the Trust board members on the CG JV committee, who are standing down also have to stand down from the JV?

It will only change if people actually volunteer, I wonder how many have?
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #10626 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 18:03:13 »

I know 1 or 2 who have who i think will make a difference, fingers crossed
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10627 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 19:24:01 »

It will only change if people actually volunteer, I wonder how many have?

Well, that shouldn't be the case.  Yes, the expertise available and level of effort may change with the Board, as may a sense of direction.  However, the Trust should be largely reflective of it's member base as well, so any member with a vote should be able to wield some degree of influence over the general goals and objectives of the Trust.  Otherwise, what is the point in me signing up as a member (which I have done), knowing that my location serves as an impediment to being a useful Board member.  I'd still like to be able communicate with the Trust and have my views seen and heard.
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #10628 on: Monday, January 22, 2024, 21:13:53 »

Who is asking the questions at the forum? It would be good if it was Hawes, or someone from the Loathed Strangers Podcast (Dan or Terry would give them a right grilling I imagine) was to do it.

It'll be Vic Reeves won't it?
As highlighted in the official site interview with Clem the club seem to only have  one microphone.  If someone has to walk back and forth between the panel, audience and the host we aren’t going to get through many questions.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10629 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2024, 00:30:28 »

Well, that shouldn't be the case.  Yes, the expertise available and level of effort may change with the Board, as may a sense of direction.  However, the Trust should be largely reflective of it's member base as well, so any member with a vote should be able to wield some degree of influence over the general goals and objectives of the Trust.  Otherwise, what is the point in me signing up as a member (which I have done), knowing that my location serves as an impediment to being a useful Board member.  I'd still like to be able communicate with the Trust and have my views seen and heard.

Have you asked if your location would be an issue?  I'm not sure expecting the same people to do something different will likely happen, so yes if people want change then people need to volunteer.
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #10630 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2024, 08:50:59 »

With the will they/won't they flux of the TSTBL status, it's making me wonder if they're going to stream the forum at all. Could well be for the live attendees only... Are the OSC looking into it? Could the Broadbenters offer support to Vic and co again?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10631 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2024, 09:17:51 »

With the will they/won't they flux of the TSTBL status, it's making me wonder if they're going to stream the forum at all. Could well be for the live attendees only... Are the OSC looking into it? Could the Broadbenters offer support to Vic and co again?

They need to do live on MS teams and it can be sabotaged liked the court case was Cheesy
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10632 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2024, 09:22:09 »

We need to send NMH as TEF scribe to make detailed notes
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10633 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2024, 12:51:11 »

Have you asked if your location would be an issue?  I'm not sure expecting the same people to do something different will likely happen, so yes if people want change then people need to volunteer.

I would want to do a good job if I were to run for such a thing.  As things stand, the fact I operate in the Eastern Time Zone in the USA and I am currently "between opportunities" (unemployed!!!), I don't even know what I will be doing work wise in a few weeks, so would hate to commit and then find I can't really contribute (chance my next role could involve travel for example).

As with the 2007/08 period, I will offer my time and support though - as I said, you don
't have to be a board member.  Hopefully, after some new people get involved, they may even respond to my e-mails.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #10634 on: Tuesday, January 23, 2024, 12:57:17 »

What happens to the CG uf there is no club
Pages: 1 ... 706 707 708 [709] 710 711 712 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: