Pages: 1 ... 670 671 672 [673] 674 675 676 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254152 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10080 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 21:49:04 »

Wonder who the 3 standing again are?

I see Alex Pollock is standing down too
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #10081 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 21:50:22 »

Wonder who the 3 standing again are?

I see Alex Pollock is standing down too

Well we definitely know who 1 will be.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10082 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 21:50:36 »

It's in the docs, Spencer is resigning. Restanding are:

Neil Hutchings
Paul Hedges
Tom Paris (Former Drummer Boy on here)

Of these three existing board members, all intend to apply with supporting statements and seek re-election.

The following existing Board members will automatically retain their seat:  

Sharon Brinsdon (Trust Secretary)
Bazil Solomon

So Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer all going. The reset is happening, over to the fanbase to find some more candidates. 10 spaces available, it's not actually ten stepping down. Four going, plus van Roon went a while ago and I don't think it was announced.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 21:53:25 by Nemo » Logged
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #10083 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 21:53:27 »

Neil Hutchings
Paul Hedges

Of these three existing board members, all intend to apply with supporting statements and seek re-election.

Bazil Solomon

So Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer all going. The reset is happening, over to the fanbase to find some more candidates. 10 spaces available.

Cheers, just read it.

Scott Curtis standing down too. Interesting.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10084 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 21:54:48 »

Yeah, the guy who did the forensic accounts review and was going to presumably write the accompanying notes to the club accounts. I can imagine he and a few others have decided the stress isn't worth it. Plenty to criticise the Trust for but it can't have been much fun for the last few months. Anyone looking to stand had better have a thick skin whichever way they'd want to take it.

You need to have been a Trust member as of 1st Jan to stand for election by the way, can't join after the notice of AGM is given and then stand in that AGM (although I think you could be co-opted if there were still vacancies afterwards).
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 21:57:11 by Nemo » Logged
doversparkred

Ignore
« Reply #10085 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 22:25:40 »

Perfect time for a community takeover bid.

- create a community share offer to buy the club (10k shares at £500 a pop is 5 million)
- make the trust the majority owner of the club
- each member who buys a share has one vote
- Hold an EGM to appoint a temporary board, pending elections to appoint a permanent one
- appoint a GM who can manage an army of volunteers, plus the necessary salaried staff required to operate a football business
- all board members sit a fixed term and can stand for re-election
- publish the board meeting minutes on the club website
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 22:27:52 by doversparkred » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #10086 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 22:30:12 »

Neil Hutchings
Paul Hedges

Bazil Solomon

So Chair, Vice Chair and Treasurer all going. The reset is happening, over to the fanbase to find some more candidates. 10 spaces available, it's not actually ten stepping down. Four going, plus van Roon went a while ago and I don't think it was announced.

Aberdeen ?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #10087 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 22:31:50 »

You need to have been a Trust member as of 1st Jan to stand for election by the way, can't join after the notice of AGM is given and then stand in that AGM (although I think you could be co-opted if there were still vacancies afterwards).

The biggest shame is that they've done this (not promoting membership ahead of these comms) as I'm sure some current non-Trust members with the appropriate skills would have stepped forward but you get the feeling that they didn't want the angry mob running for election.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #10088 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 23:16:53 »

The biggest shame is that they've done this (not promoting membership ahead of these comms) as I'm sure some current non-Trust members with the appropriate skills would have stepped forward but you get the feeling that they didn't want the angry mob running for election.

Agreed. Massive shame. Zero chance to build bridges and renew the Trust.

Given how many have, anecdotally, binned their membership recently, they are now largely fishing in a pool of either people who are sat dead on the sofa with the post piling up in the hallway or the proverbial 'happy clappers'.

The next time someone says WhY DoNT yOU joIN If YoU cARe, the answer will be because they pulled up the drawbridge.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #10089 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 23:34:01 »

Pretty much this. I stopped being a member over a year ago so that’s me out. If there is a change of approach and it becomes what it is meant to be again then I’ll still be happy to help out.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10090 on: Tuesday, January 2, 2024, 23:46:27 »

The election happens every year and its always been the case that you need to be a member. However, I'm sure post the agm one could (not you specific but in general) offer to support and be co opted onto the board.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #10091 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 07:42:47 »

Good opportunity for anyone who has the time and likes being criticised by old men on the Internet.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10092 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 08:23:08 »

The election happens every year and its always been the case that you need to be a member.

Yeah that's true. I think the cutoff could have been advertised a bit earlier though. I know its always been that way - but I was a member for years and didn't know!

But the door isn't closed as such, like you said.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #10093 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 08:29:01 »

Given how many have, anecdotally, binned their membership recently, they are now largely fishing in a pool of either people who are sat dead on the sofa with the post piling up in the hallway or the proverbial 'happy clappers'.

The next time someone says WhY DoNT yOU joIN If YoU cARe, the answer will be because they pulled up the drawbridge.

I have to say this is complete nonsense.

Those people who are discontent with the trust (and its certainly made some mistakes) should have been signing up for membership, or at the very least not cancelling it, well before now.

You don't change the trust from the outside, you change it from the inside.

So people having a pop at the timing for this are being very disingenous in my opinion.

The last thing i would want for the trust is for the board to be taken over by the 'angry mob', i don't see where that gets anyone, as much as it may feel cathartic in the short term.

Ultimately the trust is at its strongest with more members and with a board that represent all the differing opinions of the fanbase.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #10094 on: Wednesday, January 3, 2024, 08:33:35 »

I'm going to take exception to this one, sorry. I think it's pretty clear from my post history that I have no problem criticising the Trust for things they have done in the current incarnation, but if you're going to write off any new board before they've even put their names forward for election, then I think you're being completely unreasonable. The new board might be a continuity group - I doubt it, but it's possible, but suggesting there's zero chance of renewal when the Chair, both Vice Chairs and Treasurer have all stepped down at once is simply ridiculous.

No doubt a number of people have resigned from the Trust - firstly I suspect they may not actually have been de-registered as members if they'd already paid their annual minimum for the year, but that's something worth checking. But you're saying here that everyone left is either not paying attention or blind to the risk, which is ridiculous. From a personal perspective, I've kept up my membership specifically *to* have a vote at the AGM which would I suspect have been against several Trustees who are now standing down.

Judge the next board by what they do, rather than your worst case scenario fears please. It's such a thankless task, I can't help but worry that nobody will want to do it. God knows I certainly don't.
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 672 [673] 674 675 676 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: