Pages: 1 ... 641 642 643 [644] 645 646 647 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253555 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #9645 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 15:16:57 »

It's a good way to help deliver the change you want?

If you can tell me what change the Trust is driving and what value I am seeing from my £120 a year contribution then I am open to listen, just don't bring up the purchase of the ground unless you are turning up with somebody from the Eady trust who facilitated it..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #9646 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 15:30:52 »

Don't get me wrong, it could be a good move but its totally unrealistic prospect at the moment and it doesn't always work.

Let me dig out that Einstien quote..

I don't think even the most ardent of Trust or club supporters can say it is working at the moment, so why not try something that might not work over something that is terminally broke?

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #9647 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 15:37:16 »

I really don’t understand the hype around the Wrexham match.

I’m not going, I’ve not been for a couple of months because I’ve had enough of everything, you read on here and social media that many are the same. Yet everyone seems to want to see us play Wrexham? 

I am going on boxing day because it's boxing day, would have gone if we were playing Sutton.  Couldn't give a shit that we happen to be playing FC Hollywood

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #9648 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 15:39:18 »

I didn't say that, but anyone outside of this circle of chancers would be an improvement at the moment.

Its like voting Labour in the hope they won't end up being as big of cunts as tories. Like they're politicians and they probably will end up being cunts as well, but you probably want to take your chances with anyone but the current mob.

Good analogy..

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #9649 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 15:55:24 »

Do we know if the £8m includes the Morris/Brand pay off, or is that still to come in the following years accounts?

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #9650 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 16:04:41 »

Do we know if the £8m includes the Morris/Brand pay off, or is that still to come in the following years accounts?

Surely it can't be because it was only the previous 30 years that we have been mismanaged, not now, any mismanagement now is down to a genuine mistake, everyone makes them guv, they are only human..

Either way, the freeloaders can pick up the bill for that..

Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #9651 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 16:05:53 »

Swindon attendances are an oddity really. Our highest league finish in my time was 89/90. I've just had a look at the attendances and we only got over 10k at home when there was massive away support - Wolves, Oxford, Portsmouth, Sheffield Utd & Newcastle. Even if we got a team to those heady heights again, what level of support could we get?

Crowd's weren't great overall in the 80's, they only started picking up after the World Cup in Italy in 1990. Also, our last six home matches that season were made all ticket (i think by the police although not sure), so probably affected the attendances for those a bit.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9652 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 16:17:03 »

Cant see Morris and Brand being on mega money? 200k a year tops surely?

Then again, knowing this lot and some of the decisions they have made
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9653 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 16:21:13 »

Just wondering what the cost is for an away game staying overnight in a hotel £2000 maybe🤔

So, give no fucks
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #9654 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 16:31:07 »

Just wondering what the cost is for an away game staying overnight in a hotel £2000 maybe🤔

Someone posted a picture in here from Kings Lynn & they paid out something like £4.5k for their game away at Southport, so can’t imagine ours would be less (unless we are making the players take their own packed lunch again)
Posh Red

Ignore
« Reply #9655 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 16:35:12 »

Cant see Morris and Brand being on mega money? 200k a year tops surely?

Then again, knowing this lot and some of the decisions they have made

I can’t believe that Morris was getting paid about half of what Jack Payne was paid here.
I’m sure it was closer to £5k to £10k for the two of them, which based on a 3 year deal is a significant amount.
If that wasn’t included in the £8m, then the next set of accounts could be even worse which is a scary thought.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #9656 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 16:39:00 »

Someone from within the industry told me once that the majority of Manager contracts have clauses which state that only ~6 months wages are paid in event of dismissal. This lines up with what Clem said on his last Panel appearance.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9657 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 16:40:47 »

Someone posted a picture in here from Kings Lynn & they paid out something like £4.5k for their game away at Southport, so can’t imagine ours would be less (unless we are making the players take their own packed lunch again)

That was me🤣 I didn’t know if league clubs got better deals considering the amount of hangers on that travel!

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9658 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 16:41:44 »

Someone from within the industry told me once that the majority of Manager contracts have clauses which state that only ~6 months wages are paid in event of dismissal. This lines up with what Clem said on his last Panel appearance.
Are you starting a collection? If so, I’m in.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #9659 on: Sunday, December 17, 2023, 16:45:17 »

Trying to think of any clubs where fans have successfully boycotted games or left early on mass in protest about ownership but hit a blank.

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 643 [644] 645 646 647 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: