Pages: 1 ... 629 630 631 [632] 633 634 635 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253564 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #9465 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 11:59:56 »

Surely this is just a holding statement to say the club is now co-operating?

This is what I’d heard, so I’d expect there to be more details forthcoming, if not it was a total waste of time
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #9466 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 12:07:14 »

Surely this is just a holding statement to say the club is now co-operating?
I hope so, although would have been good to clarify this in the statement
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #9467 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 12:17:13 »

I hope so, although would have been good to clarify this in the statement

I guess you could say it's an ''holding statement'' for ''few months''.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9468 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:15:12 »

I guess you could say it's an ''holding statement'' for ''few months''.

Yeah, on re-reading it that does seem to be the case. Unacceptable.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9469 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:18:25 »

What are we up for other than the Standing/Barry stuff?

In the short/medium term what else is on the charge sheet?
Presume it’d be the Abramovich stuff
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9470 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:20:01 »

It just cements the fact that the club wasn’t/isn’t being run properly

Sorry. I think its deeper than that. Clem purposely didn't want the info out and it  has totally destroyed any remaining trust.

You'd think lawyers were all over the regulatory filing. He may be that dumb, but they aren't.

I get that it doesn't mean it was withheld to hide wrongdoing as such, but it may well have been withheld for reasons so as not to spook the Eadie Trust for example. Equally it may just be he didn't want to advertise a distressed asset while trying to flog players..

Who knows. Dumb all round.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9471 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:24:52 »

But there was nothing wrong in Clem seeking outside investment. Why he chose to hide it I have no idea. Whatever the reason, the outcome could not be worse than this.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9472 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:25:44 »

Presume it’d be the Abramovich stuff

Well remembered. That was about three outrage cycles ago. It is hard to keep up.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9473 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:26:15 »

This isn't the role of the trust imo club and trust shouldn't be working alongside each other like this. The relationship needs to be distant and critical, trust needs to provide their own analysis separate to the club

This.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9474 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:28:19 »

The trust statement reads as though it was written by Anthony Hall himself.

Reiterating how 'rare' it is for the club to share such information. A totally un necessary line. It reads like we should be grateful and we've been done a favour.

It's like the trust have had a telling off and have now gone back with their tail between their legs.

As others have mentioned, I don't like the tone. It's like they've rolled over a bit. Just when we thought we were making progress.

Agreed. Shambolic. Been told to get back in their box and they've done just that.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9475 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:29:24 »

Well remembered. That was about three outrage cycles ago. It is hard to keep up.
Yeah. All of 2 weeks ago - and it’s a dreadful indictment that it’s been half lost in all the more recent guff.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9476 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:34:17 »

So in summary, basically the club have just let the Trust see what will get put on companies house in a few months that basically gives no detail of where money is going. Suddenly that’s now acceptable as long as some half arsed exec summary accompanies it?

Absolutely staggering, the Trust are a sham these days.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9477 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:46:43 »

But there was nothing wrong in Clem seeking outside investment. Why he chose to hide it I have no idea. Whatever the reason, the outcome could not be worse than this.

Could it simply be his ego? He's always banged the drum of owning the club 100% and maybe he didn't want to lose face by admitting he had to seek alternative investment. Whatever the actual reason, it was a pretty dumb way of going about it, especially given the open and transparent rhetoric that's basically now shattered.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9478 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:47:03 »

So in summary, basically the club have just let the Trust see what will get put on companies house in a few months that basically gives no detail of where money is going. Suddenly that’s now acceptable as long as some half arsed exec summary accompanies it?

The ledger isn't uploaded to Companies House. That's what they've seen and they should be able to explain £8m+ outgoings as a result. That information needs to be communicated asap.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9479 on: Friday, December 15, 2023, 13:47:36 »

Have been since the second Clem came onto the scene, if not before.

This pic from Dec 2018 tells you how deep the ties are.

Where were the Trust when Zavier Austin and Veljko Jovanovic were appointed non-exec Directors in 2015? Maybe some hard questions at that point might have made a difference...

I've always felt the ground purchase was a well intentioned pet project of people who didn't care how they got it over the line, or with whom. The fact that they were prepared to get into bed with Power on it showed that. That could never have been in the interests of the club, and nor is the current situation.

« Last Edit: Friday, December 15, 2023, 14:15:02 by Mooneyraker » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 631 [632] 633 634 635 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: