Pages: 1 ... 610 611 612 [613] 614 615 616 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1252454 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9180 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:34:14 »

I'm 99% sure that external parties have and continue to look into the takeover of the club. One relatively exciting consortium I think may have got quite deep into that happening but unfortunately nothing got done.

My concern is the same as yours and other supporters in that the club has more klingons that the starboard side of the enterprise who all either want their continued slice of the cake, or an unrealistic payday, for next to nothing. What's patently obvious to me is that money is being squeezed and squeezed out of the club. With a few more performances like Saturdays the clamour to get these people out of the club is going to get louder.

I assume that both Wrexham and Carlilse were on paper 'easy' to takeover/transfer of ownership. Sadly I think there is far far too much baggage at Swindon and I would imagine any takeover would not be simple at all. I mean are we 100% sure that the man who says he owns the club actually does?

‘Own’ is very much open to interpretation.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9181 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:42:20 »

I'm 99% sure that external parties have and continue to look into the takeover of the club. One relatively exciting consortium I think may have got quite deep into that happening but unfortunately nothing got done.

Crash Sad
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9182 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:50:57 »

Do you know any details about the consortium and why things didn’t progress?

I can't actually remember who I heard it from so I don't even know how legit it was but from memory it was a group who were involved in another European team. (I think it was Holland) As for the finer details, again it's all word of mouth stuff so I suspect once they got to look at the books (arf) or what was going on behind the scenes they figured there was too much baggage.

I've no idea, but the current penny pinching at the club SURELY means something is happening? Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful after a weekend on the piss!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9183 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:52:12 »

‘Own’ is very much open to interpretation.

Well this is it? Perhaps the twisted lines of ownership puts off potential investors?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9184 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:57:44 »

I can't actually remember who I heard it from so I don't even know how legit it was but from memory it was a group who were involved in another European team. (I think it was Holland) As for the finer details, again it's all word of mouth stuff so I suspect once they got to look at the books (arf) or what was going on behind the scenes they figured there was too much baggage.

I've no idea, but the current penny pinching at the club SURELY means something is happening? Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful after a weekend on the piss!

I heard this also. Was it AZ Alkmaar or someone like that? That rings a bell
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9185 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 11:00:26 »

Fuck me that is exciting.

sigh.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #9186 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 11:05:07 »

Their owner was reportedly interested in Huddersfield in March and wanted an English club. Sigh.

Unrelated but moneyball whizz Billy Beane is minority owner at AZ Alkmaar as well as previously Barnsley
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #9187 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 11:07:49 »

Would be good to have a feeder club in the Eredivisie.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #9188 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 11:15:16 »

Possibly - they certainly appear to have some innovative ideas.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12040/12871411/az-alkmaar-use-brainsfirst-test-to-identify-best-young-talent-and-it-has-helped-them-win-uefa-youth-league

I just had a quick look and they are 3rd in the Dutch League and got to the Europa Conference semi final last season.

Here is a bit about Billy Beane

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/story/_/id/37586707/moneyball-guru-billy-beane-buys-minority-stake-dutch-club-alkmaar

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9189 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 11:28:04 »

That would be unreal, wouldn't it?

Nice to dream.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #9190 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 12:00:25 »

Yes this is true, but as others have said - the baggage is proving too costly to some. It'll come, I'd just write this season off.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9191 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 12:31:19 »

Its not this season on the pitch I'm worried about to be honest. Why would next season be better than this with regards to baggage? Seems to be like we have a hangers on issue regardless of when it happens.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #9192 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 13:04:52 »

Both Mark and Nick have been to the club on Saturday afternoons this season.

Still keep in touch with Mark D.
He was actually sitting with me at a midweek home game a few seasons back.

Nick is more into his Rugby.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #9193 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 13:56:42 »

My £5 bet on Swindon to be relegated at 200/1 has increased cash out today from £1.20 to £9.50. Seen odds have dropped from 100/1 to 25/1. Anything that the bookies know?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9194 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 14:01:36 »

My £5 bet on Swindon to be relegated at 200/1 has increased cash out today from £1.20 to £9.50. Seen odds have dropped from 100/1 to 25/1. Anything that the bookies know?

They’ve extrapolated out from our last 100 mins of league football and removed Young and Kemp from their algorithm…
Pages: 1 ... 610 611 612 [613] 614 615 616 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: