Pages: 1 ... 609 610 611 [612] 613 614 615 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253692 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9165 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:55:23 »

Bradford sell ‘ticket slots’ which gives priority for tickets even over and above ST holders. Flogged 1000 @£30 apiece.

Makes sense given they sell so many season tickets for so cheap. Getting away tickets even in the season ticket pool must be a nightmare.

What is £30 to make sure you get first dibs on away tickets when you're already paying next to nothing for a season ticket?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #9166 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 21:48:08 »

we have good support, but it can't be that often people miss out on away tickets?

Can you imagine if the club suggested that now though 🤣
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9167 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 22:25:48 »

we have good support, but it can't be that often people miss out on away tickets?

Can you imagine if the club suggested that now though 🤣

Bit different when the prices are as ours are.

Yeah rare you'd miss out as a season ticket holder though. Wimbledon must have been a bit of a scramble.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #9168 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 02:30:59 »

Moving back to Bathfords comments....

A good deal is mostly always a "willing buyer and a willing seller.

Tell me an instance when this situation happened at STFC. Always surrounded by sharks who wanted some blood.

Yes, great potential but with a price.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9169 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 08:53:17 »

Interesting to see Newcastle struggling having started the same ten outfield players for five games in a row.

It does go to show that in the modern era you can’t get away with it. The players can physically do it (“in my day” blah blah blah) but when other teams have fresh legs you get found out every time.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #9170 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 08:57:51 »

Interesting to see Newcastle struggling having started the same ten outfield players for five games in a row.

It does go to show that in the modern era you can’t get away with it. The players can physically do it (“in my day” blah blah blah) but when other teams have fresh legs you get found out every time.

Their away form is also so much worse than their home form which seems to follow a pattern. Maybe more tired when travelling or is that a stretch?
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9171 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 09:14:38 »

I'm looking forward to the January window, when we get some fresh legs in.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #9172 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 09:24:55 »

*not sure if serious* Hmmm

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #9173 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 09:46:46 »

Am I completely imagining that he was working at a club we played fairly recently? I have a memory of Andrew Hawes mentioning him being in the Director's box as an away team director, but Google doesn't seem to think so.

I think you are thinking of Mark Devlin who is now at Leyton Orient after a spell with Brentford

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9174 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 09:48:06 »

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9175 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:01:06 »

I think you are thinking of Mark Devlin who is now at Leyton Orient after a spell with Brentford

I think Nemo is right somewhere, im pretty sure i heard an interview with NW on the radio before a game this season? Cant remember who it was against mind
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #9176 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:03:51 »

Wrexham probably has a bit more potential just in the sense of being in Wales and a large catchment area (which we also have but probably not as much).

You look at where the likes of Cardiff and Swansea were 10 to 20 years ago and its easy to see why they were chosen.

Why you would chose the likes of Carlisle or some of the other clubs that have secured buy outs over Swindon though is beyond me unless its simply down to the amount required to secure the club and any silly demands the current board and leeches within are making.

I'm 99% sure that external parties have and continue to look into the takeover of the club. One relatively exciting consortium I think may have got quite deep into that happening but unfortunately nothing got done.

My concern is the same as yours and other supporters in that the club has more klingons that the starboard side of the enterprise who all either want their continued slice of the cake, or an unrealistic payday, for next to nothing. What's patently obvious to me is that money is being squeezed and squeezed out of the club. With a few more performances like Saturdays the clamour to get these people out of the club is going to get louder.

I assume that both Wrexham and Carlilse were on paper 'easy' to takeover/transfer of ownership. Sadly I think there is far far too much baggage at Swindon and I would imagine any takeover would not be simple at all. I mean are we 100% sure that the man who says he owns the club actually does?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9177 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:21:24 »

Yeah probably who he is thinking of. Touch of class to Mark running Swindon at a very difficult time.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #9178 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:24:48 »

Both Mark and Nick have been to the club on Saturday afternoons this season.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #9179 on: Monday, December 11, 2023, 10:33:35 »

I'm 99% sure that external parties have and continue to look into the takeover of the club. One relatively exciting consortium I think may have got quite deep into that happening but unfortunately nothing got done.

My concern is the same as yours and other supporters in that the club has more klingons that the starboard side of the enterprise who all either want their continued slice of the cake, or an unrealistic payday, for next to nothing. What's patently obvious to me is that money is being squeezed and squeezed out of the club. With a few more performances like Saturdays the clamour to get these people out of the club is going to get louder.

I assume that both Wrexham and Carlilse were on paper 'easy' to takeover/transfer of ownership. Sadly I think there is far far too much baggage at Swindon and I would imagine any takeover would not be simple at all. I mean are we 100% sure that the man who says he owns the club actually does?
Do you know any details about the consortium and why things didn’t progress?
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 611 [612] 613 614 615 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: