Pages: 1 ... 608 609 610 [611] 612 613 614 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1247423 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9150 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:06:52 »

bathford would you (and your advisors) not entertain a consrotium that got rid of the current owners?
say would you be willing to invets if someone like jay wray was willing to get invovled again

Was wondering this to. Doesn't need to be all on one wealthy persons shoulders. Obviously need to trust the people you're in business with though. A consortium of wealthy fans would be an absolute dream.

The problem is truly getting rid of all the hangers on. Someone said earlier in the thread some are wanting a cut going forward which is simply unacceptable.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9151 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:08:22 »

You obviously didn't read what I put, I don't expect anything else from you though.

I did read it. You think people are getting carried away not buying season tickets. I don't and I think they're being reasonable given everything going on. You laughed at that, so I was sarcastic.

Fair enough?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9152 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:09:19 »

Morfuni saw an opportunity for a UK business and has taken it.
For reasons it has probably been performing better than his expectations financially wise and will keep milking it until we the paying supporters have had enough.
Then the club will be carved up or sold off.
Hope i am wrong but don't think so.

Clem had money in Harrow Borough IIRC. Was introduced to Pee Lower by Zav?, I think. Pee Lower spun him a load of shit and he took the bait by investing £1.15m for a % of the club. When that share certificate was not forth coming, well we are where we are as a consequence aided by covid and Pee Lowers greed. Ask your self this. Certainly at our fan bases level of financial clout £1.15m is a shit load of money. So why would you throw that at a club and to an individual you know fuck all about?

Look at it this way. Clem is like Charlie Bucket. He has the golden ticket, he just has to negotiate the obstacles to get his hands on not only the chocolate factory but the money that it could make him. He’s nearly there isn’t he. He either has a buyer lined up and due diligence is being done or he’s working out how he can get his hands on someone else’s money to develop SN1 then flog it. He clearly doesn’t have the money and even if he did you don’t use your money, nah, you use someone else’s.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9153 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:10:13 »

How are Swindon any different from the likes of Wrexham?
I'm not talking about current situation, I'm talking about potential.
Yeah, every club up for sale comes with a certain amount of baggage - maybe a bit more as far as we’re concerned.

Wrexham were up shit creek with low crowds and living off the memory of beating Arsenal in the FA Cup. Even York City have been taken over by a family with some serious mullah. I can’t for the life of me see how, once the baggage has been cast off, we aren’t a fantastic opportunity for someone.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9154 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:11:20 »

How are Swindon any different from the likes of Wrexham?
I'm not talking about current situation, I'm talking about potential.

Wrexham probably has a bit more potential just in the sense of being in Wales and a large catchment area (which we also have but probably not as much).

You look at where the likes of Cardiff and Swansea were 10 to 20 years ago and its easy to see why they were chosen.

Why you would chose the likes of Carlisle or some of the other clubs that have secured buy outs over Swindon though is beyond me unless its simply down to the amount required to secure the club and any silly demands the current board and leeches within are making.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #9155 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:12:39 »

I did read it. You think people are getting carried away not buying season tickets. I don't and I think they're being reasonable given everything going on. You laughed at that, so I was sarcastic.

Fair enough?

I gave my view, I was laughing at your 'insults'. People express views either way.
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #9156 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:15:54 »

Was wondering this to. Doesn't need to be all on one wealthy persons shoulders. Obviously need to trust the people you're in business with though. A consortium of wealthy fans would be an absolute dream.

The problem is truly getting rid of all the hangers on. Someone said earlier in the thread some are wanting a cut going forward which is simply unacceptable.

Jeremy is genuinely a nice guy. He comes across well with the press and I have every confidence in his ability there.

However,  when you look at Andrews time with the club, Jeremy seemed to throw money around without considering the consequences.

This concerns me.

What PdC wanted, he got. It’s not my money was clearly Jeremy’s route to success.

This concerns me.
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #9157 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:17:12 »

I gave my view, I was laughing at your 'insults'. People express views either way.

can you and chalkie just kiss inder the misteltoe or give each other a bj in private messages besauce the sexual tension is showing

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #9158 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:20:27 »

Jeremy is genuinely a nice guy. He comes across well with the press and I have every confidence in his ability there.

However,  when you look at Andrews time with the club, Jeremy seemed to throw money around without considering the consequences.

This concerns me.

What PdC wanted, he got. It’s not my money was clearly Jeremy’s route to success.

This concerns me.

not sayingg it has to be jay wray specifically just someone like him?
anyway if you had wray on baord you'd have him as the mouthpiece but not any access to any kitty
think he would be hounouranle enough to understsnd that and professional enough to know is role

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9159 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:27:18 »

My hovercraft is full of eels
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #9160 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:34:34 »

Look guys, fires are being stocked. However, I pride myself on being fair.
If Clem can rescue this, fair play to him.

If he can’t, we still have to get him to sell.

This will be sorted.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9161 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:39:57 »

Its fair concerns bathford and how a lot of people view where things went wrong under Black and co.

I do wonder how Andrew Black managed to take his eye off the ball so much and be so uninvolved that he didn't realise Wray was spending too much for so long though.

He must just be that incredibly rich and busy.

I think as far as leadership goes, having someone with a corporate background who is also a fan like Rob Angus is great (if he is actually allowed to run the club skeletons and all and not be blocked out of certain rooms!) but ideally you would also like to have someone with a bit of a footballing background as well.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9162 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:43:15 »

Speaking of that era, Nick Watkins LinkedIn says he never left the club.

Some plot twist that.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #9163 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:49:24 »

Speaking of that era, Nick Watkins LinkedIn says he never left the club.

Some plot twist that.

Am I completely imagining that he was working at a club we played fairly recently? I have a memory of Andrew Hawes mentioning him being in the Director's box as an away team director, but Google doesn't seem to think so.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #9164 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:50:08 »

Bradford sell ‘ticket slots’ which gives priority for tickets even over and above ST holders. Flogged 1000 @£30 apiece.
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 610 [611] 612 613 614 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: