Pages: 1 ... 607 608 609 [610] 611 612 613 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1251115 times)
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #9135 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 14:26:12 »

The problem is a number of teams do have wealthy owners pumping in a shed load of cash, so can outspend us.

The interesting comparison is Exeter, who are fan owned, and get crowds smaller than us. There average last season was just under 7,000, whereas ours was 9,000. That equates to about 700k a season which we could spend over & above them assuming that costs are roughly similar.

That should be enough to be a mid table league 1 team, which I think most of us would take right now
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9136 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 14:29:02 »

The problem is a number of teams do have wealthy owners pumping in a shed load of cash, so can outspend us.

The interesting comparison is Exeter, who are fan owned, and get crowds smaller than us. There average last season was just under 7,000, whereas ours was 9,000. That equates to about 700k a season which we could spend over & above them assuming that costs are roughly similar.

That should be enough to be a mid table league 1 team, which I think most of us would take right now

Its definitely a problem but us competing, but its been a useful crutch and excuse to allow the club to confuse fans as to why we can't compete and muddy the waters as to what we're actually asking for. The club moan about inflated wages and rich owners, but we're nowhere near getting our moneys worth outside of that problem.
Oldwembley69

Ignore
« Reply #9137 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 15:38:35 »

I see it’s being reported that Dennis Bergkamp and consortium are looking to buy a L1 club……. Maybe just maybe. Can only hope it stretches to L2!
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #9138 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 15:58:52 »

I have read back several pages of posts and seems the confusion of what is currently happening is simple..
We are upset that STFC is being taken advantage of by less than honest and untrustworthy business people who have said one thing and done another.
The club onfield is performing as expected at the start of the season. Poor with a few better than average results.
2.5 thousand more paying supporters each home game which is above possible expectations and giving rise for more financial gains for the owner and shareholders to divide..
Unexpected wind fall for the owner is the purchase of the ground especially without any need for raising any capital. Paid by the Eady trust apparently.
We as supporters are rightly disappointed with the season so far because we were told that the club is ours again.
That is where we have been misled.
The club is owned and operated by others.
We are simply paying customers who take no responsibility in the running of the club and either pay or move away if you don't like it.
Sad but true.

Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #9139 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 16:10:51 »

Morfuni saw an opportunity for a UK business and has taken it.
For reasons it has probably been performing better than his expectations financially wise and will keep milking it until we the paying supporters have had enough.
Then the club will be carved up or sold off.
Hope i am wrong but don't think so.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #9140 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 18:17:39 »

Morfuni saw an opportunity for a UK business and has taken it.
For reasons it has probably been performing better than his expectations financially wise and will keep milking it until we the paying supporters have had enough.
Then the club will be carved up or sold off.
Hope i am wrong but don't think so.

Taking Chas's earlier tweet and no walking back by the club by Hall being a total arse, together, along with the "Errol" Flynn contract extension (To stop him picking up another gig with a bigger budget at Ebbsfleet), it appears that the club may in the process of being sold.  Every time Genesini plays, does 10 bob goes to Bournemouth?
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9141 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 18:20:30 »

Taking Chas's earlier tweet and no walking back by the club by Hall being a total arse, together, along with the "Errol" Flynn contract extension (To stop him picking up another gig with a bigger budget at Ebbsfleet), it appears that the club may in the process of being sold.  Every time Genesini plays, does 10 bob goes to Bournemouth?

What tweet is that?
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #9142 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 18:28:53 »

What tweet is that?

Don't have a link, have dumped my (Twitter) X account, but I recall words to the effect of stick with us, good times are around the corner.  I think it was mentioned with another similar Tweet in last Monday's "On the Sofa" during which it was specifically stated by the town CEO that the club was not for sale.  If Taylor Swift's people informed Clem that she had 15 million quid spare to piss off Ryan Reynolds, the club would be sold quicker than you could say "Automatic Promotion".
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9143 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 18:31:22 »

Don't have a link, have dumped my (Twitter) X account, but I recall words to the effect of stick with us, good times are around the corner.  I think it was mentioned with another similar Tweet in last Monday's "On the Sofa" during which it was specifically stated by the town CEO that the club was not for sale.  If Taylor Swift's people informed Clem that she had 15 million quid spare to piss off Ryan Reynolds, the club would be sold quicker than you could say "Automatic Promotion".
Its a shame we don’t hark back to the (not quite as) bad (as now) old days to have a former spy asking Swifty that exact question!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #9144 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 18:32:46 »

You're free to give your view mate, others are also free to think its a laughably shit view as well given everything going on.

People aren't being hyperbolic. The situation is fucking dire and will not improve until these cunts fuck off.

Ha
Legends Lounge Lovechild

Ignore
« Reply #9145 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 18:55:15 »

Morning everyone.

Apologies about the rant yesterday.

The point I was trying to make was the clear difference between a professionally run organisation like Bath Rugby offers everything for me within walking distance from home with great food and drink options en route.

Swindon unfortunately offers (at present) the opposite.

There really is no incentive to invest.

Legal team say NO

Financial team say NO

Sorry.

bathford would you (and your advisors) not entertain a consrotium that got rid of the current owners?
say would you be willing to invets if someone like jay wray was willing to get invovled again

"I think there's nine games free this season... umm it's too much"
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #9146 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 18:58:10 »

Ha

Yeah actually you're right. Clems genuine and will turn this around. Nothing to worry about. January will go swimmingly. We'll get the players in we need and make the play offs minimum. Onwards and upwards  Cheesy  Clap
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #9147 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:02:32 »

Unfortunately, people who like me, see an opportunity through different eyes. Yes, my heart says ignore the experts and sod the consequences.

My head says, do as you have all of your business live and take on board the information from people who have put you in this lucky position.

There are a number of people interested in ‘England FC’. They are American, Korean and Middle Eastern. Unfortunately, we all work to the same story book. I’ve had conversations with people from all three regions and whilst they see the potential, they have all paid out decent money to have the club analysed by sports investment advisors.

On the plan used, we all come up with the same results as previously mentioned.

The bottom line matters.  

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9148 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:05:40 »

How are Swindon any different from the likes of Wrexham?
I'm not talking about current situation, I'm talking about potential.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #9149 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 19:06:25 »

Yeah actually you're right. Clems genuine and will turn this around. Nothing to worry about. January will go swimmingly. We'll get the players in we need and make the play offs minimum. Onwards and upwards  Cheesy  Clap

You obviously didn't read what I put, I don't expect anything else from you though.
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 609 [610] 611 612 613 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: