Pages: 1 ... 604 605 606 [607] 608 609 610 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254564 times)
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #9090 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 00:11:21 »

Personally i don't get the whole I won't be renewing ST next year, I still want to see my team play and support them.  While the 'free games' comments was wrong and stupid, some people do like to get carried away with it.
I agree, drama is more fun and can lead to people saying hyperbolic things. But there has to be a point where people are so unhappy with the situation at the club (as they see it), that they refuse to co-sign the mess we're in by continuing to fund it. Maybe some are genuinely at that point?

I don't have an ST but if I did I probably wouldn't be renewing, regardless of any increase in cost

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #9091 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 00:27:12 »

I agree, drama is more fun and can lead to people saying hyperbolic things. But there has to be a point where people are so unhappy with the situation at the club (as they see it), that they refuse to co-sign the mess we're in by continuing to fund it. Maybe some are genuinely at that point?

I don't have an ST but if I did I probably wouldn't be renewing, regardless of any increase in cost

Yeah thats a very fair statement, people do seem to revel in the drama.  Personally, while I'm very disappointed with the size of the squad, the shares issue and the general poor communication from STFC (free games etc) - I enjoy going to football (yes I would enjoy it more if the above was resolved).
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9092 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 00:30:48 »

Personally i don't get the whole I won't be renewing ST next year, I still want to see my team play and support them.  While the 'free games' comments was wrong and stupid, some people do like to get carried away with it.

What’s the incentive to renew exactly? It’s becoming quite clear the money we spend isn’t spent on the team. That statement from Hall that was then repeated in the advisory board minutes was way beyond wrong and stupid, it clearly showed the contempt they have towards the support. They don’t deserve our money!
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #9093 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 00:35:51 »

What’s the incentive to renew exactly? It’s becoming quite clear the money we spend isn’t spent on the team. That statement from Hall that was then repeated in the advisory board minutes was way beyond wrong and stupid, it clearly showed the contempt they have towards the support. They don’t deserve our money!

I enjoy going to games, as I've said above I'm sure it would be better if all the issues were resolved. It's not very clear where the money is being spent, I agree but at the moment I can't see any alternatives apart from a rumoured sale, which might be even worse - we just don't know.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #9094 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 00:43:21 »

I don't think any of these things are new this season; shit on field, shit off field and shit direction, but i do think we're in an unusual position where we're teetering on the edge of ticking into shit for all three:
on field - The squad is too small and has been compiled poorly.
Off field - we've got people learning football (and the concept of season tickets) and making plenty of mistakes
Direction - ...we're aiming to be sustainable and erm go up hopefully?

To be truthful I am struggling to think of a positive that happened under Clem's stewardship that I could attribute to him beyond bringing STWFC into the fold.
I'm not saying it was better under Power...but i think the sequence of seemingly bad actors has taken it's toll and the club need a completely different direction.

What that is or how it happens...i dunno, but i'd like to think something will change and if the fans who are sick of this can force the hand by withholding their freeloading season ticket money or not watching ifollow, it's basically the only card we can play

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #9095 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 00:44:27 »

I enjoy going to games, as I've said above I'm sure it would be better if all the issues were resolved. It's not very clear where the money is being spent, I agree but at the moment I can't see any alternatives apart from a rumoured sale, which might be even worse - we just don't know.
Go to away games only, thats’s what I’m going to do if nothing changes next season.

This is just a continuation of the Power era so I can’t really see how it could get much worst apart from admin or the club folding which is starting to feel a genuine possibility with this lot anyway.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #9096 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 01:26:47 »

Tbf we've had shit for a long time now. I want my club to do well and be sustainable. Will never drop it for an armchair club, but pissed off with continual shit. Shame so many in the Town do follow big clubs like sheep, with their support we'd probably be on a par with other clubs with similar population.  If you look at the likes of Norwich and Ipswich with their catchment areas, we can only dream. Swindon has more people than either of those too. Too many plastics here though.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 01:29:20 by 4D » Logged
Steak supper

Ignore
« Reply #9097 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 08:09:40 »

The success that many supporters crave isn't going to happen unless you have someone who can chuck loads of money in each season . No one who is able to do so wants to touch us with a barge pole .
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #9098 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 08:18:41 »

The Hall interview certainly did it’s job … it was a chance to get to know him and we certainly got to know him no messing around. The man lacks self awareness,it’s like a job interview do you go in slagging everyone off?
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #9099 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 08:21:06 »

The positives under Clem have slowly dwindled to 'he's not Power', but given all the lurkers/hangers on/chancers behind the scenes have remained onboard, that distinction from the previous owner has disappeared as well.

ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #9100 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 08:31:10 »

The success that many supporters crave isn't going to happen unless you have someone who can chuck loads of money in each season . No one who is able to do so wants to touch us with a barge pole .
It's not necessarily the success the supporters crave, it's just being well ran and not being insulted that most fans want at this rate  The damage this regime has done is staggering.

Something stabilising like Fitton's takeover would go a long way right now.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #9101 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 08:32:39 »

The positives under Clem have slowly dwindled to 'he's not Power', but given all the lurkers/hangers on/chancers behind the scenes have remained onboard, that distinction from the previous owner has disappeared as well.

Power at least ran a competent footballing operation for several years until the Sheridactyl came in.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #9102 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 08:33:34 »

The re-emergence of the Andrew Black thread the other day reminded me of the David Byrne LSPod episode where he said Jeremy Wray was desperate to buy the club again and had the backers to do so. Wonder if he's still interested these many years on or whether he's dedicating his time to racing again.

Not saying this is something I would want either given how it all panned out, but just remembered that nugget from that episode.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 08:36:27 by ThreeDrawsMentality » Logged
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #9103 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 08:41:55 »

Power at least ran a competent footballing operation for several years until the Sheridactyl came in.

And hired people who had a clue. It's a rudderless, blind leading the blind with no clue or leadership. What's scary is I think Clem actually believes his own bullshit.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #9104 on: Sunday, December 10, 2023, 09:50:52 »

Morfuni probably does think he knows what he is doing... there lays the problem.... he does not need to answer to anyone except himself.
What a mess this club is currently in.

Pages: 1 ... 604 605 606 [607] 608 609 610 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: