Pages: 1 ... 582 583 584 [585] 586 587 588 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1254558 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8760 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:36:49 »

There’s nothing left to defend now. Makes what Flynn and the players are doing all the more admirable.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8761 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:40:49 »

There’s nothing left to defend now. Makes what Flynn and the players are doing all the more admirable.

Only 17 points from safety now, too…

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8762 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:43:59 »

Yeah, it’s not what we wanted or expected, but if as seems likely, the amateurism behind the scenes is affecting things on the pitch then still being a spit from the POs is probably overachieving.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #8763 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:46:10 »

Absolutely awful interview.

Deplorable to suggest that season ticket holder are getting 9 free games, we're paying less per game, but we're buying the tickets in advance of knowing the squad, regardless of form and regardless of whether we'll actually be able to attend every fixture.

Only looking at adult prices, you'd only get 8.55 "free' games if you're an early bird side stand ST holder, if you're a standard TE season ticket holder you only get 6.26 games "free". For me who is in the TE and doesn't end up attending most Tuesday night games, it just about breaks even assuming I don't miss a single Saturday due to illness, family commitments or holidays. Absolutely fuck all chance of renewing if they up the price by a substantial amount to decrease the "free" games, found it hard enough to persuade myself to get a season ticket this year, and things have only got worse since then! Also considering the new EFL TV deal, it's more likely fans will miss more games next season as they're moved around for the increased TV coverage.

Under Clem, the club has just becoming a milking machine, trying to suck as much value out of every fan, from the waiving of ST refunds to the man city ticket prices, from the cutting of family options to the upping of ticket costs, if the club is offered the chance to take money out of fans pockets they'll certainly take it. And what are we seeing from this? A competitive budget that can't even fund a full squad, 1 million in losses per season and the club requiring volunteers to function. Without even taking into account all the red flags that have been mentioned on this thread countless times, it's absolutely no fucking wonder that people are becoming more and more disenfranchised with it all.

Anthony Hall must have watched that Prince Andrew Interview for guidance.  Clem and co. have insulted my intelligence, but I will continue supporting Flynn and the players, but not the club in its present form.  No more money going into Town coffers from me until a positive regime change.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8764 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:48:53 »

Only 17 points from safety now, too…
Only if we have no points deductions looming.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #8765 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:49:12 »

Anthony Hall must have watched that Prince Andrew Interview for guidance.  Clem and co. have insulted my intelligence, but I will continue supporting Flynn and the players, but not the club in its present form.  No more money going into Town coffers from me until a positive regime change.
This.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8766 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:52:19 »

While I understand the people who would go down the not spending any more money route. might I suggest an alternative, in that you place your usual spend away somewhere, so that it can be used as a carrot?  If it gets bad enough, the Trust can even offer to hold money in the existing RAF as an incentive to any potential investor, and said money be used to buy into any deal, should they want the money.

I wonder if one of the issues preventing a quick sale by Clem (he clearly does not have the capital to sustain a league club, so I presume the idea was a quick flip and everyone gets their cut, but they needed Power out of the way?) is the potential for unknown fines hanging over the business - three lots now - Standing being a person with a controlling interest, Clem not telling the EFL when a new shareholder came onboard and the Chelsea loan "laundering".  That is a lot of liabilities that are tough to determine when doing due diligence.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8767 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:55:53 »

Present average is 8,849. Last seasons average was 9,064. So not a huge change - yet.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #8768 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 14:58:37 »

Even if the club is sold, I have no confidence that the next lot will be any better. It’ll just be another bunch of shady individuals with pasts to hide and quick bucks to be made.

We need someone with some serious dosh to come in and dish out a few mil here & there to all the squabbling kids that are still scuttling around our boardroom, following it up with a firm, yet mildly threatening “now fuck off”

It isn’t going to happen, we’ll end up with someone much worse. Therefore I for one can’t wait for the reanimated corpse of Pol Pot to be paraded on the pitch, scarf aloft, talking about putting a bar in the Town End and Fan Zones in the car park. At least he might change our home kit to all black.
TailBetweenLegs

Ignore
« Reply #8769 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:01:26 »

Even if the club is sold, I have no confidence that the next lot will be any better. It’ll just be another bunch of shady individuals with pasts to hide and quick bucks to be made.

We need someone with some serious dosh to come in and dish out a few mil here & there to all the squabbling kids that are still scuttling around our boardroom, following it up with a firm, yet mildly threatening “now fuck off”

It isn’t going to happen, we’ll end up with someone much worse. Therefore I for one can’t wait for the reanimated corpse of Pol Pot to be paraded on the pitch, scarf aloft, talking about putting a bar in the Town End and Fan Zones in the car park. At least he might change our home kit to all black.
This is my worry to be honest. I have said all along i think the initial intentions were the correct ones but people who have been linked for along time are the ones who have the ultimate say at the club

I think that will be the same if sold to a small business owner again
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #8770 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:17:42 »

This is my worry to be honest. I have said all along i think the initial intentions were the correct ones but people who have been linked for along time are the ones who have the ultimate say at the club

Really valid fear, but think this time the fear should be alleviated a bit because of the money required to purchase the club should leave only serious people interested. I'd like to think at least.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #8771 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:21:38 »

Think that’s everyone’s concern. With all the ‘allegedly’ shady going on’s at the club you wonder whether it would actually be possible to even buy the club currently as too many people may have things to hide and veto any sale unless it’s to a party that suits them.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8772 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:22:19 »

We're stuck in an endless circle of the dregs of society in terms of absolute chancers. The problem is, they end up selling to people they know and they're all cut from the same cloth. Absolute wannabes.
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #8773 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:23:17 »

What an absolute shit show and PR disaster that interview was. Clearly unsuited and unqualified to perform the role of a CEO. Displayed a complete lack of charisma or understanding of what fans need. On the whole, we are pretty easily persuaded that things are going OK, as we have a complete emotional attachment to supporting our club. We want the club to do well and succeed, but most of all we want to feel that our support - both from a monetary and on an emotional level - is valued. Last night Mr Hall drove a wagon and horses through that, firstly taking on the Trust and then degrading season ticket holders. Now as a long term season ticket holder and supporter of 50 years, I have never felt so insulted. Apparently even though as a family we cough up for 3 adult season tickets and regularly travel away, plus buying merchandise, we are denying the club much needed funds by getting too many free games as part of our paying up front and committing funds in advance of the season starting.

In addition he claims to not knowing the playing budget, yet his main time in the role has been studying budgets. Also says our losses are on a par with all other league 2 clubs and Wrexham spend 3x what we do. So knows something about budgets then. Which brings me to the question of how are we losing £1.3m a year. If as he states FFP is limited to 45% of turnover ( I thought it was 60%) then on £6.9m t/o  this still leaves £5.1m of costs, which seems very high and could do with some explaining (even at a high level eg other staff costs, utilities, premises etc it would have some use) so we can do some comparing and contrasting with other clubs at our level. To continue to trot out the party line about unprofitable commercial deals is unacceptable, unless again it comes with some detail. It is the absence of such information which causes mistrust and suspicion.

Finally why has it taken so long to produce management accounts. Clem Morfuni s in his 3rd season of ownership, so there is absolutely no excuse for this.

Messrs Morfuni and Hall need to start communicating with integrity, emotional intelligence and respect for the fan base otherwise they will see us dwindle at an alarming rate
Ps - I would ordinarily say I am a happy clapper!
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #8774 on: Tuesday, December 5, 2023, 15:27:15 »

Interesting last comment about needing to pay more for purchasing the club.
This barrier of entry is probably correct especially in light of Black's selling the club for a reported quid and allowed all the fuck wits into owning it.
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 584 [585] 586 587 588 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: