Pages: 1 ... 562 563 564 [565] 566 567 568 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1251843 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8460 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 12:46:56 »

It’s such a shame. The financial history of this club basically puts off a lot of people here in the UK and overseas in looking seriously at the club.

There are way too many skeletons in the cupboard and potential pit falls to risk it. Having talked to a number of them here in the UK and elsewhere, I know that a number will not, and I include myself in this, put family money and reputation into a project that is dodgy to say the least.

Mat one point I had conversations with a possible CEO prepared to work with me. But we both decided that it wasn’t worth the risk.

Sad
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8461 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 12:51:49 »

and if they come back with a positive report some will wonder if the books were genuine..

Especially after a two month delay (and counting)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8462 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 12:54:07 »

They did, but I think it's fair to say the job they volunteered *for* looked very different 10 months ago when they last stood for re-election - at that point it was finishing the sale of the CG and supporting an upwardly mobile club. In the same way that many of us as fans have less interest when we're doing poorly and things feel a bit grim off the pitch, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them - not all - feel the same. We'll see who sticks around come the next AGM I guess.

And I think it's pretty likely that there is some internal conflict within the Trust (not itk, I don't speak to any board members regularly) about how hard to go on these things, and when there isn't consensus in the board it can be very difficult to do anything with that sort of organisation.

I'm not saying that I don't largely agree that some of the Trust board members need to take a long look in the mirror, but I understand why they're not the campaigning force that we might like. Certainly I imagine the next AGM could be a bit more interesting than previous ones.

I think its fairly obvious there will be conflict within the trust. There is conflict in the fan base in general and the trust is an extension of the fan base.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #8463 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 12:58:09 »

They are taking people's money. For what?

How much is there in the Community Fund? How much has been spent?
I don't disagree with you...if you fancy a nose about their accounts are available online
https://truststfc.com/accounts-and-rules/

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8464 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 13:03:27 »

Yes they are volunteers... but they volunteered!

They are taking people's money. For what?

How much is there in the Community Fund? How much has been spent?

Have you voted on the annual County Ground business plan?

Have you had the chance to provide feedback through regular surveys?

Certain people there railroaded Clem's takeover and silenced dissenting voices.

We are told that the ground purchase is a good thing. I think we are yet to see how the ownership structure affects the likelihood of a potential takeover.

Never forget: "We know who you are." From a Supporters' Trust?! Disgraceful stuff.

They avoid all questions on social media.

Wholesale changes needed at the Trust ASAP.

("WhY DOnt YoU volUNteeR if YoU CARe so MuCH?")

Are you a Trust member? If not then you wouldn't get the communication they have sent, which I'm sure they could do more but a lot of those points have been covered and you can't vote for 'change'.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #8465 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 13:08:33 »

I don't disagree with you...if you fancy a nose about their accounts are available online
https://truststfc.com/accounts-and-rules/

Subscriber income of £1.5k a year, that's pretty piss poor.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8466 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 13:22:08 »

In the interests of offering solutions and not just problems I have said that I think a straightforward subscriber/membership tier would be wise to capture those who might otherwise be put off by the byzantine nature of the Voting Shares etc.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8467 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 13:26:11 »

I think that *might* be the £1-5 per person membership and not any additional money offered to the Red Army Fund?

The net income is £77,181, which is quite a lot more!

The most recent accounts are pre-CG purchase I think?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8468 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 13:31:58 »

I could be wrong here, but isn't the balance of the 19.69 share accounted for in the JV vehicle instead?, or maybe it's counted in the Donations line?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8469 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 13:54:35 »

I could be wrong here, but isn't the balance of the 19.69 share accounted for in the JV vehicle instead?, or maybe it's counted in the Donations line?

Don't these accounts pre-date that whole offer? They're to year end Aug 22, CG purchase doesn't complete until March 23.

I think this is the old school tiered membership?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8470 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 14:03:41 »

Could be, thought it started a couple of years ago, but maybe not.  There was a significant uptick in donations in the 21/22 accounts either way.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #8471 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 14:42:21 »

It is pretty close to the member number? Then you have a donation amount of c£75k, which would give c£50 donation per person?
joeydubya

Ignore
« Reply #8472 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 14:44:20 »

Have you voted on the annual County Ground business plan?

Have you had the chance to provide feedback through regular surveys?

My main frustration with the speculative survey was it was far too vague. Asking if I thought a hotel would be a good idea... yes, if it's with an established chain like the Doubletree at Milton Keynes, but an independent venture could be ridiculous and risky...

See also the fanzone... and asking if I thought people would go there to eat during the week when there was no game, obviously not! No room for nuance, it's just consent manufacturing on behalf of the club it feels.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #8473 on: Tuesday, November 28, 2023, 18:42:01 »

We have a new "shirt sleeve" sponsor

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #8474 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 09:55:46 »

Published 7th November 2023
https://truststfc.com/2023/11/07/truststfc-update-november-2023/

"At the Advisory Board meeting on 15th September, the owner committed to allow a member of the Trust board to inspect the financial records of the Club. Despite multiple attempts and reminders, this has not yet taken place. This was raised again with the CEO and the owner on Monday morning and arrangements are now being made for Scott Curtis, the Trust’s treasurer, to undertake the inspection within the next couple of weeks1. Further details on the contents of the review will be provided in due course.

Until Scott has undertaken this review and confirmed the current financial status, we have asked that the debt/financial page be removed from the Advisory Board minutes."

The lack of update is now creating further murmuring. As I see it:
- This could be by design, it puts more pressure on the club
- The trust are unable to hold the club to do what they say
- The club are not willing to allow access

The last option opens a further can of worms. I really hope an update is coming

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 564 [565] 566 567 568 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: