Pages: 1 ... 545 546 547 [548] 549 550 551 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1249402 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8205 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 15:46:50 »

But as this leak shows, even well hidden things can be found.  The Clem 1.1m is even documented, via way of text messages between them, combined with lawyers exchanging letters etc, that ultimately ended up with a Court Case siding with Clem.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8206 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 16:20:16 »

Im going to hazard a guess and say he used the money to buy the debentures
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8207 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 16:26:58 »

That sounds feasible.

I still don’t get what Chelsea (RA) got out of it. What good is knowing details of our budget, player contracts/salaries.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #8208 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 16:41:02 »

I never mentioned this at the time but a few years ago when Craig Bellamy was on holiday in my ski resort he came into my bar a couple of times, I may have mentioned that much but something he said now seems a little worrying.

He said that Chelsea were going to buy STFC, he didn't go into any more than that, like I said, I didn't mention it as it seemed a bit too far fetched given rules on club ownership in the same country and I couldn't see it happening but obviously there was much more to it. 

Bellamy and Power are close from their time at Norwich together but even knowing that I just thought it couldn't happen but obviously with Power and Abramovich anything could be possible.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8209 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 16:43:01 »

That sounds feasible.

I still don’t get what Chelsea (RA) got out of it. What good is knowing details of our budget, player contracts/salaries.

They sold us Conroy and loaned us three players.

They may get some info about what to charge other L1 clubs (at the time we were L1, possibly) and then L2 clubs a year later

Of course, the most likely outcome is simply dodgy money being loaned through and then somehow finding it's way back through such items.  The loans and data being incidental, maybe?  Chelsea appeared to be engaging in multiple small deals all at the same time, which contribute to income gains eventually, or player deals favourable to them.  It's either football finance doping - trying to increase revenue when it was simply the owners money, or it's all about the original source of the money and making it nice and sparkley at the end.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #8210 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 16:45:01 »

Been a bit out of the loop (self inflicted) when it comes to the boardroom issues that keep coming up, so forgive my ignorance, but in a word does this Abramovic stuff mean we could realistically be completely and utterly fucked? Thanks in advance.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8211 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 16:46:25 »

Been a bit out of the loop (self inflicted) when it comes to the boardroom issues that keep coming up, so forgive my ignorance, but in a word does this Abramovic stuff mean we could realistically be completely and utterly fucked? Thanks in advance.

I'd imagine it's too convoluted to impact us directly at the moment, but more may come out with details if investigated.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #8212 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 16:54:33 »

I'd imagine it's too convoluted to impact us directly at the moment, but more may come out with details if investigated.

Thank you. Doesn’t sound great for the future on the surface even if there’s not much likely to happen imminently
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8213 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 17:06:07 »

Just another pile of shit hanging over us to add to the rest.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #8214 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 17:39:12 »

Being away one more night and snowed under with this new job coupled with being away all next week in Newcastle and Scotland, where are we up to? Condensed version will be fine. Too tired to read back. TIA.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #8215 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 17:47:30 »

https://twitter.com/BBCWiltsSport/status/1725206671272673401?t=ekCNa6ZLzGGrOtAPln83pA&s=19

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8216 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 23:12:29 »

They sold us Conroy and loaned us three players.

They may get some info about what to charge other L1 clubs (at the time we were L1, possibly) and then L2 clubs a year later

Of course, the most likely outcome is simply dodgy money being loaned through and then somehow finding it's way back through such items.  The loans and data being incidental, maybe?  Chelsea appeared to be engaging in multiple small deals all at the same time, which contribute to income gains eventually, or player deals favourable to them.  It's either football finance doping - trying to increase revenue when it was simply the owners money, or it's all about the original source of the money and making it nice and sparkley at the end.

I’ve assumed (rightly or wrongly) that whole point of the loans from Abramovich were for us to give the money back to Chelsea so it looked like the cash going into them came from STFC & not Abramovich.

So, we get the money then suddenly buy a player from Chelsea & take 3 on loan; transfer fee + wage contribution & most of the cash could/would have gone straight back to Chelsea minus a small % for us to keep for doing the favour + we get some loan players (of varying quality) out of it…

Not sure on the rules of owners pumping in money - so not sure if there is any logical reason why Abramovich / Chelsea would need to do this.

Also, did he kid(s) go to Marlborough College or am I think of Mourinho’s kid(s) or both….
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8217 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 23:15:21 »

Although for Chelsea it doesn’t seem like nearly enough money to make the endeavour worthwhile
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8218 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 23:26:38 »

I never mentioned this at the time but a few years ago when Craig Bellamy was on holiday in my ski resort he came into my bar a couple of times, I may have mentioned that much but something he said now seems a little worrying.

He said that Chelsea were going to buy STFC, he didn't go into any more than that, like I said, I didn't mention it as it seemed a bit too far fetched given rules on club ownership in the same country and I couldn't see it happening but obviously there was much more to it. 

Bellamy and Power are close from their time at Norwich together but even knowing that I just thought it couldn't happen but obviously with Power and Abramovich anything could be possible.

Power left Norwich in 1994.
Placing Bellamy as about 15 (and obviously in the youth set up) whilst Power was 22 (and a pro)

Not saying there isn’t a link / friendship but not sure it was made at Norwich…but I guess you never know…maybe Bellamy used to clean his boots
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #8219 on: Thursday, November 16, 2023, 23:48:09 »

Although for Chelsea it doesn’t seem like nearly enough money to make the endeavour worthwhile

We were one of many deals like this, so we meant nothing to Chelsea, but were just part of a wider pattern (which looks insignificant one by one).  The big question is whether it was personal wealth being moved, or, heaven forbid, other sources of cash flowing through.
Pages: 1 ... 545 546 547 [548] 549 550 551 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: