Pages: 1 ... 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 ... 856   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1253034 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8100 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:30:22 »

Look forward to tomorrows scandal of KimJong Un being majority shareholder of one of the sponsors
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #8101 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:33:38 »

Look forward to tomorrows scandal of KimJong Un being majority shareholder of one of the sponsors

Clem accidently transferred the shares as a tip in a Korean restaurant.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8102 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:33:52 »

Why on earth would they get thrown down a flight of stairs? These are the middle sections of the DRS, frequented mainly by middle aged season ticket holders. Stop being so dramatic, seats aren't being sold in the TE and we arent living in the 1980's. If there are Wrexham leaning tourists around me then great, let them enjoy their day. I am sure if they are forking out the money they are, then they are likely to be sensible enough to be respectful of where they are located in the ground. We do love to over react.

You've never seen it kick off in the DRS or even The Arkells when away fans are in there?

Come on.
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #8103 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:33:56 »

The condiition was the money went to the club. He obviously put it in to the club as he is still alive

I would assume that like when Barry & Standing lent Power money which was a ''no no'' as both were still involved in the game this will be a similar thing....or a bigger ''NO NO''.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #8104 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:37:55 »

The bit I don't quite get is the fact that it was a loan, which was repayable if we got promoted, but as we didn't it lapsed (not much of a loan then).   

When some claimed we didn't want to get promoted, maybe they were right, albeit not directly for the reason they thought
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8105 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:38:58 »

The condiition was the money went to the club. He obviously put it in to the club as he is still alive
Quite!

The bit I find interesting, if that’s the word, is if we failed to get promoted ( which we didn’t obviously) the loan didn’t need to get repaid. So it was in Power’s interests we didn’t get promoted - the Tim Sherwood era too.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8106 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:40:27 »

If we make it out of the goings on of the last 8/9 years without a points deduction then it is actually a miracle.

Absolutely. If this was another club we'd be screaming for punishments, regardless of regime changes and so on. Can only hope it all comes out at once and there's not just a constant dripping out of this shit.

Still, we might get to play Chelsea in the Conference next year!
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:43:46 by Nemo » Logged
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #8107 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:42:08 »

Was this the Flitcroft season? Where we were on track for Play offs, he got pinched by Mansfield and we then tanked?
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #8108 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:42:39 »

Netflix missed a trick not doing a docuseries on us
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #8109 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:44:05 »

When some claimed we didn't want to get promoted, maybe they were right, albeit not directly for the reason they thought

Are we sure Power didn't have another one of these agreements in the Preston play off season? 

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #8110 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:45:36 »

Maybe Alabama 3 could do the theme tune.

Fucking gangster FC.
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #8111 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:47:28 »

Maybe we should embrace it and only sign players and staff with a criminal record. Build on the Australian connection.

UTR

Ignore
« Reply #8112 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:48:40 »

Imagining the scene where Lee Power is sat in a room with Roman Abramovich, explaining the concept of the magic roundabout
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #8113 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:58:52 »

Maybe Alabama 3 could do the theme tune.

Fucking gangster FC.

You woke up this morning, got yourself a club
The happy clappers said you'd be the chosen one
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #8114 on: Wednesday, November 15, 2023, 11:59:58 »

I see Chelsea are adopting the ‘Nuffin’ to do with us, Guv’ approach. Similar to ours I suspect

‘ Abramovich chose not to return requests for comment on the article, but Chelsea have issued a response in the report.

A spokesperson for the club said: “These allegations pre-date the club’s current ownership. They are based on documents which the club has not been shown and do not relate to any individual who is presently at the club."

However, the owners were aware during the purchasing process of “potentially incomplete financial reporting concerning historical transactions during the club’s previous ownership”.

They added: “Immediately following the completion of the purchase, the club proactively self-reported these matters to all applicable football regulators.

“In accordance with the club’s ownership group’s core principles of full compliance and transparency, the club has proactively assisted the applicable regulators with their investigations and will continue to do so.”
Pages: 1 ... 538 539 540 [541] 542 543 544 ... 856   Go Up
Print
Jump to: